PDA

View Full Version : The NFL

escobert
11-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Well the NFL it turning out to very different from last year. now we can discuss how the Bears are going to win the superbowl this year. :D

Kirobaito
11-20-2005, 10:56 PM
The Bears won't get out of the first round. They're a very weak 7-3. It helps to play in the worst division in football.

Now, the Cowboys on the other hand....

escobert
11-20-2005, 10:58 PM
are horrid ;) The Bears have the #1 ranked defense in the NFL right now ;)

Kirobaito
11-20-2005, 11:04 PM
are horrid ;) The Bears have the #1 ranked defense in the NFL right now ;)
Playing the powerful offenses of the Lions (twice), Vikings, and Ravens.

Strider
11-20-2005, 11:11 PM
You just need to remind Dallas every so often that football games last more than 56 minutes.

Raistlin
11-20-2005, 11:11 PM
The Bears are a mediocre team winning in a pathetic division. They'll more than likely make the playoffs, and then get knocked out in the first round.

Best teams in the NFC: Seattle, and there's no one else nearly as good. Second tier: Giants, Dallas, Carolina
Best teams in the AFC: Indy, Pittsburgh (with Roethlisberger; without him, Cincinnati goes here), Denver

Chicago doesn't have a prayer against Denver or Seattle.

Kirobaito
11-20-2005, 11:13 PM
The Bears are a mediocre team winning in a pathetic division. They'll more than likely make the playoffs, and then get knocked out in the first round.

Best teams in the NFC: Denver, Seattle.
Best teams in the AFC: Indy, Pittsburgh (with Roethlisberger; without him, Cincinnati goes here).

Chicago doesn't have a prayer against Denver or Seattle.
Denver is in the AFC. Though I do agree with you about Seattle.

You just need to remind Dallas every so often that football games last more than 56 minutes.
Imagine what our record would be if somebody had actually <i>informed</i> us of that quirky NFL rule that games should last 60 minutes.

RSL
11-20-2005, 11:23 PM
Hahaha, yeah, Denver is an awesome NFC team lololololololol

Raistlin
11-20-2005, 11:25 PM
woah, why did I put them in NFC? O_o *fixes*

EDIT: ok, fixed. Just had a mild brainfart.

RSL
11-20-2005, 11:27 PM
You really have Carolina ahead of Chicago even though Chicago just handled them pretty easily?

Raistlin
11-20-2005, 11:45 PM
I also have Chicago ahead of Cleveland, too, even though Chicago lost to them. Odd weeks do happen, and I'm going to wait to see how Chicago does against Pittsburgh and Atlanta before giving them serious consideration.

RSL
11-21-2005, 02:50 AM
Yeah. I definitely don't think they'll go far in the playoffs.

eestlinc
11-21-2005, 03:03 AM
at this rate the Bears won't even play in the first round because they'll have a bye.

RSL
11-21-2005, 03:05 AM
Wouldn't that be something.

Bears vs. Seahawks - NFC championship game. I might not even watch that. Yikes.

lordblazer
11-21-2005, 03:19 AM
Well the NFL it turning out to very different from last year. now we can discuss how the Bears are going to win the superbowl this year. :D
Forget the Bears

Even though I'm an Eagles fan I'm hoping the Colts goto the Superbowl this season.

The Colts have uped there game by a lot.

eestlinc
11-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Eagles won't even make the playoffs.

Crushed Hope
11-21-2005, 08:08 PM
I'd love to see the Giants vs Colts as the super bowl. That'd be so great.

edczxcvbnm
11-21-2005, 08:10 PM
The true telling of how good the Bears are will come in the coming weeks as they actually play GOOD teams. Here is there remaining schedule

Tampa Bay
Green Bay
Steelers
Atlanta
Green Bay
Vikings

I wouldn't count Green Bay out either given the huge rivalry between the two teams.

Crushed Hope
11-21-2005, 08:13 PM
I hope Green Bay kicks Chicago's ass. I'd hate to see my favorite team go down with as bad of a record as they have.

edczxcvbnm
11-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Same here. I hope Green Bay wins tonight and finishes at least 6-8. I am not so hopeful that they will do better than that :(

Raistlin
11-21-2005, 09:13 PM
I think the Packers will finish 4-12, maybe 5-11. 6-10 would be a stretch.

lordblazer
11-21-2005, 09:54 PM
The true telling of how good the Bears are will come in the coming weeks as they actually play GOOD teams. Here is there remaining schedule

Tampa Bay
Green Bay
Steelers
Atlanta
Green Bay
Vikings

I wouldn't count Green Bay out either given the huge rivalry between the two teams.

Steelers are going i know and the Colts are Definately going.

The Eagles I kinda doubt they are going and if they do go I doubt they will get far.

escobert
11-22-2005, 05:45 AM
“I've been in the league 12 years now, and it's the best defense I've seen in 12 years. They do what they want to do. They gets sacks and they get takeaways and they play smart football. They might be the closest to that Bears defense of '85 that I've seen. ”
—Panthers DT Brentson Buckner
:D

Del Murder
11-22-2005, 06:06 AM
I don't think anybody will beat the Colts.

For the NFC I take Carolina. If the Bears make it that will be really boring.

Playoffs
AFC - Colts, Steelers, Patriots, Broncos, Bengals, Jaguars (kind of easy)

NFC - Seahawks, Bears, Panthers, Cowboys, Giants, Falcons

Raistlin
11-22-2005, 07:49 PM
The Seahawks are the only consistent team in the NFC. I would've said Carolina before this week.

The Colts are extremely consistent, as are the Steelers when they have Roethlisberger. They beat the Bengals with Roethlisberger, but without him they couldn't even beat the weak Ravens. Go figure. The Broncos are also very consistent. The Bengals, Jags, and Patriots will all make runs, but they'll fall short.

I can't wait for Indy vs. Pittsburgh. That should be a good game.

Crushed Hope
11-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Damn Minnesota. Green Bay should have won that game. v_v

Dingo Jellybean
11-23-2005, 05:46 AM
All this talk of Seattle, they are the weakest 8-2 team I can ever remember. They are seriously overated...but the NFC is a weak conference anyways.

But of course it matters not who comes from the NFC, as the AFC will win the title for the 5th in 6 years. No one is stopping Indy, not Pitt with Roth, and not Cincy with Chad Johnson.

I still think Indy's defense is overated...especially giving up that many points against the Bengals. They are an average defense at best...but it's the best defense they've had in years. When you have such an explosive offense with an average defense, no one beats you...now if Baltimore only had an average offense.

In the NFC I'll take Chicago, NY, Seattle, and Carolina as the top 4 with Chicago and NY taking byes (yes, I do think Seattle will choke). The two Wild Cards will probably be between Washington, Dallas, and Tampa Bay. Minnesota will choke. I'll give the two cards to Dallas and Tampa Bay (even though I think Washington will beat Dallas again this year).

In the AFC it's Indy, Pitt, New England, and San Diego was WC winners (even though Denver has a 2 game lead on SD). I have Cinci and Denver was WC.

But it's Indy's superbowl to lose. Anyone who says otherwise have been watching a different league.

The Seahawks are the only consistent team in the NFC. I would've said Carolina before this week.

The Colts are extremely consistent, as are the Steelers when they have Roethlisberger. They beat the Bengals with Roethlisberger, but without him they couldn't even beat the weak Ravens. Go figure. The Broncos are also very consistent. The Bengals, Jags, and Patriots will all make runs, but they'll fall short.

I can't wait for Indy vs. Pittsburgh. That should be a good game.

Baltimore always plays Pittsburgh hard, regardless of how much talent each team has. When the Steelers had Roth in Pitt, Baltimore loss 20-19. Two years ago when Baltimore won the division, they had one last game against Pitt. Baltimore already clinched, but still played all their players beat Pitt 9-6 or something.

The Broncos are only consistent during their first 11 games. They'll stumble into the playoffs like they always do. And Seattle is only consistent because their schedule is consistently weak. They played Arizona twice, St. Louis twice, Houston, and San Francisco. Not exactly a tough schedule considering these teams are a combined 10-30 with no winning records up to week 10. That's 6 victories right there...and they struggled against a very weak San Fran.

Crushed Hope
11-23-2005, 10:53 PM
So, I am really betting that the Lions will WIN tomorrows game, I just don't see them losing it, even though they are facing a good team.

RSL
11-24-2005, 12:48 AM
I hope the Lions win!

Kirobaito
11-25-2005, 12:53 AM
I don't know what it takes to get a kicker that can hit a 30-yard field goal. But if the Cowboys had managed to have one, they'd be 10-1.

1) Washington
2) Seattle
3) Denver

escobert
11-25-2005, 01:32 AM
I know wtf hahah that was sad.

Del Murder
11-25-2005, 01:57 AM
Heh, so their only legit loss was against Oakland?

Kirobaito
11-25-2005, 02:00 AM
Yes. And even then, they had a chance to win at the end, but Bledsoe looked right instead of left. If he looks left, Witten cashes in the TD and the Cowboys win 20-19. But that's not something I'm going to harp on, because that can happen and can be excusable.

Being unable to win 3 games because you don't have a kicker that can hit a 30-yard field goal is something that I can harp on and is not something that is excusable.

RSL
11-25-2005, 02:44 AM
Well that's too bad for the cowboys. It must suck to have only 7 wins.

Deaths_Hand
11-25-2005, 03:17 AM
yeah it does suck to have 7 wins when you should have at least 10

eestlinc
11-25-2005, 03:20 AM
yea, the Dolphins should have at least 10 wins except they suck.

Alex151
11-25-2005, 04:42 AM
I don't know who will make it for NFC, I wish the eagles, but injuries have plagued their season. Colts are going to win the superbowl though, they'll have homefield advantage, and the superbowl is in Detroit, a dome, and they play best in domes.

Del Murder
11-25-2005, 04:56 AM
Yes. And even then, they had a chance to win at the end, but Bledsoe looked right instead of left. If he looks left, Witten cashes in the TD and the Cowboys win 20-19. But that's not something I'm going to harp on, because that can happen and can be excusable.

'They'? Not 'we'? Or is it only 'we' when they are doing well?

Is it just as bad that I harp on your harping? Likely.

Jimmch939
11-25-2005, 06:08 PM
The Bengals are legit, though they are still a year or two away from being contenders.

Its the Colts season to lose. I'm a huge Colts fan, but i'm not as optimistic as most people seem to be. I think they have a great team, and could very well run the table on the regular season, but I have a feeling they will stumble in the playoffs. I hope i'm not right.

RSL
11-25-2005, 07:18 PM
I'm not really a colts fan, but I think it would be interesting if we finally had a 16-0 team. I still think it's going to be tough for them to accomplish that.

Kirobaito
11-25-2005, 11:47 PM
'They'? Not 'we'? Or is it only 'we' when they are doing well?

Is it just as bad that I harp on your harping? Likely.
I probably used the third-person because you did. I don't normally, though.

However, we must win at New York next week or it'll be tough pickins' from here on out.

Dingo Jellybean
11-26-2005, 12:40 AM
I'm not really a colts fan, but I think it would be interesting if we finally had a 16-0 team. I still think it's going to be tough for them to accomplish that.

They'll host Pitt, which I think they will win easily even with Roth at the helm. They have a tough game at Jacksonville in 2 weeks after that and a relatively easier game at Seattle 2 weeks after that. They'll host San Diego, Arizona, and Tennesee...all games they SHOULD win. The Colts should go no worst than 14-2, but 15-1 is most likely with a loss coming to Tennesee. I can't see any other team beating them other than Air McNair. After winning at Baltimore and at New England, Indy has me believing they are their only roadblock to NOT winning a Superbowl.

Del Murder
11-26-2005, 06:16 PM
Thank you for humoring me, Texas, I appreciate it.

Surprise surprise, the Dolphins at Raiders game is blacked out. Boy, who could have thought that.

Strider
11-26-2005, 08:50 PM
We'll have the game on down here. Swing by, we'll have fun.

Del Murder
11-27-2005, 12:44 AM
Where is the cutoff for that sort of thing?

Strider
11-27-2005, 06:50 PM
As far as I know, it's only within the market.

Del Murder
11-27-2005, 10:27 PM
What is 'the market' is what I'm asking.