PDA

View Full Version : Starting again, any cool hints?

Light Mage
11-21-2005, 01:51 AM
I've just started playing FFVII again from the start, are there any cool hints/cheats or secret pieces of info anyone can share that you wouldn't ordinarily be aware of in the game?

I know about the W-Item thingy, never tried it but will do this time...

Ar there any super-special secret abilities for any weapons that are found in the game? (Excluding the ultimate weapons, I know about them...)

boys from the dwarf
11-21-2005, 07:30 AM
not really. their are secret materia,bosses and weapons but no actual cheats. not as if youll need them.cheating on FF is a crime.

TheSpoonyBard
11-21-2005, 02:29 PM
With regards to the "super-secret special abilities", you may want to know about the Apocalypse and Scimitar weapons as they are the only ones with Triple growth. Both can be found on Disc 2. Let us know when you're there so we can help you find them.

Light Mage
11-21-2005, 02:44 PM
With regards to the "super-secret special abilities", you may want to know about the Apocalypse and Scimitar weapons as they are the only ones with Triple growth. Both can be found on Disc 2. Let us know when you're there so we can help you find them.
Aha, yep I know about those. Other than x3 Materia growth, do they have any special abilities?

For instance, what does the Yoshiyuki and the Princess Guard actually do? Any others like that?

I'm at the stage where I'm just about to defeat Air Buster at Mako Reactor #5, then fall into the Church and meet Aeris for the first time... Cloud, Barret and Tifa are levels 17, 16 & 15 (I think) and Aeris will start being in my party from level 14; I played forward and checked, but I'm going to level up a bit more to see if she'd get any stronger...

My current play time at the moment is coming upto 4 hours.

TheSpoonyBard
11-21-2005, 03:03 PM
4 hours? Wow, I'm usually about to enter Kalm at the 3 hour mark...

All weapons provide an increase to the character's Magic stat, and some provide other stat boosts.

Here are the weapons with 'special' properties and/or more than one stat boost. All information taken from a guide written by me.

Guard Stick
Special Bonuses: Magic +2, Vitality +1, Spirit +4

Princess Guard
Special Bonuses: Magic +22, Vitality +12, Spirit +20
Notes: This weapon powers up when the party is on critical health, and the weapon is a its most powerful when the other two allies are on critical HP. If the other two allies are KO'ed the weapon's power increases even more.

Umbrella
Special Bonuses: Magic +10, Vitality +20, Critical hit +5%

Missing Score
Special Bonuses: Magic +49
Notes: Long-range. This weapon powers up when it is equipped with Materia that has a lot of AP.

Starlight Phone
Special Bonuses: Magic +31, Vitality +30

HP Shout
Special Bonuses: Magic +44
Notes: This weapon powers up when Cait has more HP. The power decreases in tandem with his HP.

Spirit Lance
Special Bonuses: Magic +43, Spirit +20

Venus Gospel
Special Bonuses: Magic +42
Notes: This weapon powers up when Cid has more MP. The power decreases as his MP does.

Yoshiyuki
Special Bonuses: Magic +9
Notes: Weapon's power increases twofold when an ally is KO'ed.

Apocalypse
Special Bonuses: Magic +43, Spirit +16

Ragnarok
Special Bonuses: Magic +43, Spirit +35

Ultima Weapon
Special Bonuses: Magic +51, Spirit +24
Notes: This weapon powers up when Cloud has more HP. The power decreases as his HP does.

Behemoth Horn
Special Bonuses: Magic +26, Vitality +35, Spirit +18

Limited Moon
Special Bonuses: Magic +31
Notes: This weapon powers up when Red XIII has more MP. The power decreases as his MP does.

Powersoul
Special Bonuses: Magic +7
Notes: Weapon's power doubles when Tifa's health is critical.

Master Fist
Notes: Weapon's power increases when Tifa suffers from a negative status ailment.

Premium Heart
Special Bonuses: Magic +32
Notes: This weapon powers up when Tifa's Limit Bar fills up. The fuller it is and the higher her Limit Level, the more powerful her weapon is.

Death Penalty
Special Bonuses: Magic +34
Notes: Long-range. This weapon powers up when Vincent has killed a large number of enemies. If he has killed very few, the weapon will be very weak, and vice versa.

Magic Shuriken
Special Bonuses: Dexterity +10, Critical Hit +2%

Conformer
Special Bonuses: Magic +42
Notes: Long-range. This weapon powers up when the enemy's level is higher than Yuffie's.

boys from the dwarf
11-21-2005, 06:59 PM
also in disk 2 (not three. like it says in a lot of guides.) near the end (i think just after beating carry armour in junon.) you can talk to the guy in rocket town and when you talk to him enough he gives you cids ultimate weapon. its not much of a secret but a lot of people dont know that cids ultimate weapon can be got on disk two. also in disk one if you talk to that guy enough he gives cloud a great sword for the point in the game that it is.

Dreddz
11-21-2005, 07:40 PM
Only walk in midgar, Golden times ....

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-22-2005, 07:16 PM
there are some little things (e.g gettin don to pick cloud in wall market), and u can get cloud's junon weapon and some carbon bangles (costa del sol) by stealin from enemies in the shinra building.

Lost Number
11-22-2005, 07:41 PM
Try and complete everything, talk to everyone, just stuff like that. And enjoying the game, of course.