PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VIII and The Warriors

Squall7
11-21-2005, 02:01 AM
The Warriors, in my opinion, is the best action movie ever made. It is the story of a street gang from Coney Island trapped in the Bronx and being hunted down by rival gangs as they try to make it back to Coney.

I noticed many vague and probably coincedental similarities between it and Final Fantasy VIII. For one the main character, Swan, looks a lot like Squall.
http://warriorsgame.co.uk/movie/filmstills/images/still35.jpg
Guy on the left

Swan dislikes but eventually falls in love with a girl named Mercy who is from a small gang called The Orphans. Squall dislikes but eventually falls in love with a girl named Rinoa from a small rebel group called The Forest Owls.

Sure, those maybe extremely superficial similarities, but in the scene when Swan and the rest of The Warriors reach Coney the music in the background sounds like it's straight from FFVIII.

So has anyone else noticed this or am I just imagining things?

Necronopticous
11-21-2005, 02:05 AM
Swan, looks a lot like Squall.lol
So has anyone else noticed this or am I just imagining things?The latter.

rubah
11-21-2005, 03:56 AM
I find there to be more similarities between FF8 and the His Dark Materials series.

Xaven
11-21-2005, 05:58 AM
You're imagining it. :)

Anaisa
11-21-2005, 03:07 PM
The warriors is an excellent movie:D if anyone here hasn't seen it you really should. But other than ffVIII and the warriors both being great I really can't see any other comparisons. And Swan looks nothing like Squall! And as for the falling in love with someone they at first dislike thats a common theme in most movies with a love story. And both Swan and Squall should heed this advice "always go with your first impressions".

muzzer
11-21-2005, 05:18 PM
lolThe latter.
i agree

Aurora_sword
11-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Given time, I can find more similiarities to Harry Potter.