PDA

View Full Version : the onion equipment (ffIII)

Zeromus_X
11-21-2005, 03:14 AM
so has anyone actually gotten the armor? (2 swords; or 1 sword and a shield, armor, helmet, and gloves?or were there gloves? i never got any, so...)

and, no, no codes. i want to know if you actually got the stuff from those dragons in the sylx tower.

(not even the speed-up button helps:cry: )

Yeargdribble
11-21-2005, 08:08 PM
I do indeed have a saved game somewhere with everyone level 99 (a few hours in Eureka with frame skip on while doing other things) and full equipment.... 2 swords and 1 shield for each as well as the gear. My guys are not even touchable.

I did indeed get the gear from the Slyx Tower using save states so that when I finally did encounter the dragon I wanted I would save state and fight him so that I could get the (fairly rare) items to drop. I wrote a short guide on how to get FEOKs a long time ago and began writing a more extensive one but decided not to.

Ahh... here is my guide:

http://ffwa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52401&highlight=Onion

I honestly don't remember writing it... it was a long freakin' time ago.

It notes that the drop rates seem better when you petrify the dragons and that there is a pattern to their encounter rate. You'll need a fairly impressive group just to survive the amount of battles it takes to make it to the first dragon but after that the encounter rate goes up and after a few more battles you could easily end up with a decent amount of gear to split. Getting even partially equipped OKs will make you very powerful and then it will be easy to finish getting the gear. Good luck! ^^