PDA

View Full Version : Shadow the hedgehog

Burtuc
11-22-2005, 01:02 AM
Hs anyone gotten a chance to play this? I've read some reviews on it and and the top sites say it isn't that good. I've talk to people about it and they say it is good. WHat do you guys think of the game?

Winter Nights
11-22-2005, 01:08 AM
Haven't played it, but it looks like Sega once again mishandling their once-prized franchise.

crashNUMBERS
11-22-2005, 01:13 AM
Gamespot "Shadow The HedgeHog" Review (http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/shadowthehedgehog/review.html)

I fucking lolled...

Zell>Everything
11-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Sadoh iz teh 1337 he iz teh Emoz n gfFiK Sonic!!! lolz Blue iz pwNed by teh GoficKzz!!!111!!One one

Craig
11-22-2005, 04:01 PM
I only played it for a couple of minutes but this is the impression I got:

Shadow the Hedgehog fails to live up to its pedigree due to terrible controls, an uncooperative camera, and an overall lack of effort.

Erdrick Holmes
11-22-2005, 04:49 PM
I wanna play it simply because I refuse to belive that Sega makes a bad game.

Dreddz
11-22-2005, 04:51 PM
Sega used to be awesome with the Mega Drive, but now they lurk in the shadows producing poor products. This game would of been good if they put more time into it. I guess they thought it would sell because of the Franchise name .....

Karl
11-22-2005, 05:51 PM
it probably will sell because of the franchise name

Project G
11-22-2005, 05:54 PM
Sadoh iz teh 1337 he iz teh Emoz n gfFiK Sonic!!! lolz Blue iz pwNed by teh GoficKzz!!!111!!One one

What????:confused:

I think shadow the hedgehog is the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif

Karl
11-22-2005, 06:06 PM
i believe that means Shadow is the elite he is the emo and gothic sonic lol blue is owned by the gothics

did that clearify things for ya?

Erdrick Holmes
11-22-2005, 07:44 PM
Sega will redeem itself when PSU comes out.

Zell>Everything
11-24-2005, 01:28 AM
Yeah, sorry. Felt like seeing if anyone could interpret it. Yeah, that's about it. I've followed Sonic from his infancy on Megadrive to the present day with only two notable disapointments-Sonic Advance and Sonic Heroes. Anyone that says Sonic Adventure 2 (only played Dreamcast, dunno about PS2 ver.) is missing out. I thought it was every bit as good as the old classics, but adapted for the audience of today-i.e. more variety and depth. never sdid quite get 100% tho, dammit XD
Anyway, suffoice to say that if Shadow's solo adventure is as good as his segments on Adventure 2, I'll be appeased. As a character hmself, I quite like him- a dark twist on Sonic himself, and one that suits my own preferences as well. Therefore, three cheers for Shadow!
(Steal Tails/Robotnik's lock-on system for the gun though, mate)

Swifthom
11-25-2005, 09:10 AM
Shadow is half way between Sonic Adventure 2 (The peak of 3D Sonic as far as I'm concerned, even though several people hated it because Sonic was only in a sixth of the game) and Sonic HEroes (demon game that came out last year, horrible plot, graphics and control... URGHHH)

Anyway, I think it's quite decent. Out of ten, I'd give it about 6.9
The controls ARE loose, but not badly so. The graphics, so what if their not jighly detailed... There's so much going on screen at one time and their well textures, it just works. There are very few glitches, the Camera is no better or worce than it was before and the game has got the best plot of any of the Sonic games so far...

It's not a brilliant game, and I can see why so many reviewers hate it. It is badly presented, the controls are loose and the enjoyment comes out of completing the game several times and getting a completely different ending EVERY time...
Conversely, the games best aspect is also it's worst; Choosin between Hero and Villain.

In many levels, the choice is being a hero or villain demands you kill ALL of the gun soldiers or all of the Aliens in a particular level. It gets annoying as even if you miss one you need to comb the entire level again searching for them... UGH, thats really REALLY horrible and annoying.

So, to sum up, unsophisticated but adequate graphics, loose controls, Guns and vehicles are entirely optional (you can play the game HOWEVER you want to, guns help but they arent neccesary, it's brilliant and there's LOADS of replay value...) a superb plot and it wraps up the story that'd been developing since Sonic Adventure 2....

As I said, I can see why so many people hate this game, but it's NOT a bad game when you get to know it... It's not a brilliant game, nothing particularly amazing but it's enjoyable...
And the music's good as well :)

-----

For the note, I AM a Sonic fanboy, but that doesnt mean I cant look at it critically. I absolutely hated Sonic Heroes, I'm judging this game as an experience...
Trouble is, if you don''t like Sonic already you wont like this. If you dont like Shadow you wont like this. If you dont like the idea of guns and light swearing in a Sonic game, youw ont like this....

It' a decent game, but it dismisses So much of it's demographic that I'm not surprised so many people have the cold shoulder...

Lord Xehanort
11-25-2005, 11:16 AM
As long as it beats Sonic Heroes, I'm happy... The only good thing about Sonic Heroes was the final boss.

Pouring Rain
12-01-2005, 06:46 PM
That review was so bad, it was funny. Love when reviews are like that. Anyway, *shakes head* Sad. But I think it'll beat Sonic Heroes.

Lord Xehanort
12-29-2005, 01:43 AM
It DOES beat Sonic Heroes. But not by much.

I love Shadow, to DEATH!!! But the way some of the missions are set up make me wanna rip my own ears off.

There is a mission that involves shooting down eggman's airship. It has 4 stages, and heavy shields. I beat it (after a smurfing HOUR), after dying 35 times and deciding to disregard the 'I SO RIGHTEOUS' deal and get some lock-on missles.

ALSO, the controls ARE a pain, and the voice-acting SUCKS!

Oh, and bosses named Black Doom and Devil Doom are just too damned corny.

crashNUMBERS
12-29-2005, 02:17 AM
Sega will redeem itself when PSU comes out.
Ummm.......... Nahh

SummonerYuna
12-29-2005, 02:24 AM
I haven't played it.

Markus. D
12-29-2005, 04:53 AM
shadow is teh pr0n :p

shadows own game is.... teh n00bic.

a nirvana fan
01-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Well I think the Sonic series got really stupid when they released Sonic Heroes, I'd much rather play retro sonic anyday..Shadow The Hedgehog..he has a gun..A GUN!, sega's really letting sonic down a lot.

Shoden
01-01-2006, 05:38 PM
The game was too short and too easy but it owned Sonic Heroes, Sonic Heroes was a god damn mess aimed for kids, the theme for shadow is good but they messed up and rushed it.

Lord Xehanort
01-01-2006, 05:39 PM
It makes sense for Shadow to use guns, since he, unlike Sonic, is more motivated to kill, rather than capture. Sonic will stop Eggman, only to go after him AGAIN AND AGAIN. Shadow will just kill him.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-01-2006, 08:29 PM
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/050314.jpg