PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Warrior

Burtuc
11-22-2005, 01:16 AM
HAs anyone hear played and beaten the first Dragon Warrior? If so what was the experience like?

I've beaten it recently and I though it was rather tedious. I mean leveling up took forever and making money was a pain. I eventually surrendered and ended up using game gene codes that made slimes give 255 exp and 255 G. It started good at first but it was just trainning. But I'm playing dragon warrior 2 now and I have to saythat I'm rather enjoying it. a lot more then the first.

Meat Puppet
11-22-2005, 01:51 AM
I've only finished dragon warrior 1 on the RM2K remake of it (with dq like, 6 graphics)
I played the first one a little bit but the only part that wasn't like swimming in a tub of tropical disease sufferers was

Erdrick Holmes
11-22-2005, 03:15 AM
I recently found the WORKING translated rom of Dragon Quest 1 and 2 for SNES. I'll get to that after I beat DQ8.

OOC: If anybody has a working rom of the SNES translation of DQ3 PM me, please.

Ishin Ookami
11-22-2005, 05:19 AM
Ive played it and beaten it. It's short, but pretty good in the old school vernacular sort of way. Considering in its time it was among the first console RPG's, anyone expecting Final Fantasy VI is going to be very disappointed.

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-22-2005, 05:40 AM
I played through and beat it, for novelty's sake if no other reason. It suffers from the same problem that Final Fantasy I suffered, the storyline is extremely lacking. Obviously this was due to the technology at the time, I am well aware of this fact, but I find I'd prefer to be playing a table-top RPG (which the Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy series attempt to emulate), much more fun and much more social.

Dreddz
11-22-2005, 09:26 PM
I aint beaten it, got bored .....

Erdrick Holmes
11-22-2005, 09:53 PM
Dragon Quest IV had a pretty good storyline.

Classic Axe
11-23-2005, 04:27 AM
It's a good way to kill eight hours.

The update version (snes or gbc) is a good way to kill two hours.

I'd like them to remake it again DW8 style.