PDA

View Full Version : So when will the next expansion be released?

Burtuc
11-22-2005, 01:28 AM
TOpic.

Vaprice
11-22-2005, 02:58 AM
Next year.

Miriel
11-22-2005, 03:03 AM
I can't wait until they reveal what the other new advanced jobs are going to be.

Dancer, {Yes please}.

Lionx
11-22-2005, 03:27 AM
When Xbox360 comes out there will be a beta for those getting it about the game. They will probably do something about it then and release it spring of next year.

Lord Xehanort
11-22-2005, 11:07 AM
My friends were ranting endlessly about seeing a pic of a guy in blue who breathed fire from his mouth... A BLUE MAGE!!!!! But i'm not sure if it's credible...

Lionx
11-22-2005, 11:42 AM
It is credible, there has been numerous annoucements and interviews about the new FFXI Expansion, and so far Blue Mage is the confirmed job out there thats 100% going to be out. There might be two or more other jobs comming out(very very probable with recent interview from 1up.com) as well in addition to Blue Mage, but Blue Mage is going to be out without a doubt.

There are also trailers about the new expansion WITH the Blue Mage in there. You might want to check the official FFXI POL page or go to many reputatble community forums for FFXI to check this out as its old news to them and they might know alot more.

Lord Xehanort
11-22-2005, 08:53 PM
Good. That means BM will be out when I finally get and play this game.

I hope they don't screw Blue Mage up lie they did in FFX... Only being able to use Blue Magic in Overdrive is stupid. They should be like the Enemy Skill Materia from VII, just spells that cost MP.

Miriel
11-22-2005, 09:07 PM
Actually, there was a heated debate as to what the shorthand for Blue Mage was going to be (BUM, BLU, BMG, etc.) and I think the most recent interview confirmed that it was going to be "BLU".

No one is really sure how BLU will play out, but if you're just starting the game, you'll need to get to level 30 before you can access the quest for this advanced job. Well, at least I think it's 30. How funny it would be if Square decided to change the level requirement for this specific job to something like 50. But either way, you can bet that a whole mess of people are going to jump on this job the minute it's available. I can't wait to see how the dunes are going to be with all these people seeking as BLU.

Lord Xehanort
11-23-2005, 12:51 AM
I don't expect to start BLU... I just wanna have it eventually, because I love Blue Magic. I was thinking of going DRK sub BLU, mainly because I love Dark Knights and Blue Mages and I was gonna do a twisted hybrid and see what happened...

Lionx
11-23-2005, 10:55 PM
Most likely the community wont approve of it..DRK/WAR and DRK/THF will be still be accepted and unless i see BLU working in a way that will increase your melee poweress i dont see how it would work out. But who knows. In the end, its what the community thinks that matter the most since its a party game.

From what i can see, BLU at first will have alot of bugs, they will need to slowly fix that over the months because no job is perfect the minute it comes out, will need alot of adjustments. And from what i saw in an interview, BLU is a fan-made term in which the developers said they will use upon our approval :D

Markus. D
11-30-2005, 05:26 AM
BLU might cause some imbalances.... i mean... some of those monsters... geeeez... this could actually screw up this game.

Roogle
11-30-2005, 05:32 AM
BLU was the abbrieviation used for Blue Mage in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. I think that the general concensus was that, since it was used before, it can be used again.

Lionx
11-30-2005, 07:12 AM
BLU might cause some imbalances.... i mean... some of those monsters... geeeez... this could actually screw up this game.

I am sure it wont be a perfect replica and only certain ones can be learned. None of the jobs were perfect or as balanced as it is now, it was slowly tweaked.

Germ Hamee
11-30-2005, 08:43 AM
I'm kind of dreading it. As soon as the expansion comes out, there's going to be nothing to do but power level all the new blue mages, since NOBODY will be playing their usual jobs but me. >.>

Lionx
11-30-2005, 09:23 AM
It really depends on how hard the quest is to get BLU as well there are other jobs that are comming out. @_@; Its not just BLU kids.