PDA

View Full Version : Do you hate your computer?

smittenkitten
11-22-2005, 03:32 PM
Well do you? I hate mine because it crashes all the time when im in the middle of something :mad2: i get so mad off i end up attacking my computer or if you die/lose in an ff game ever thrown your playstation out a window :greenie: i have'nt *cough cough* :bgl:
Have you ever kicked your computer?
How far would you go? :shifty:

Primus Inter Pares
11-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Yes, I do hate this computer, and I thank the powers that be that I have to spend less than 312 more hours with it before I go to Norway :cool:

That's the problem with running a five year old computer on the internet 24/7, it's bound to pick up bugs and such eventually, either way I just use it as a shell right now so I don't play games on it, just plays music and chat.

Venom
11-22-2005, 03:39 PM
I hate my computer! I hope it kills itself!

Chris
11-22-2005, 03:42 PM
I have no problems with mine.

Shaun
Probably the worst damage I did was with my mobile phone. I'm with O2, and their Internet connection SUCKS. I was disconnected for the sixth time, so I got so pissed off that I threw my phone against the wall. It unfortunately hit screen-first.

Heh, my computer has so many dents in it, I've practically welded my boot into the case. Good stress relief, I suppose. It's still intact.

smittenkitten
I hate my computer! I hope it kills itself!
:eek: A Suicidal computer

Venom
11-22-2005, 03:47 PM
Nah just a lazy one.

Hawkeye
11-22-2005, 03:52 PM
I have no problems with mine.

smittenkitten
11-22-2005, 03:53 PM
Yeah mine is sooooooo slow so i give it a good smashing :smash: teehee ^-^ i think theres bits missing off mine :)

RSL
11-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Well, my computer is getting close to three years old, but I have taken pretty good care of it and it has rarely caused me problems. It isn't a very good gaming machine, but that's not what I bought it for. For the things that I do with it, it works great. I do not hate my computer at all.

Little Miss Awesome
11-22-2005, 03:55 PM
Mine is ok, though I got in trouble for shouting "I DETEST THIS COMPUTER" randomly one I.C.T lesson.
I really used to hate my Gameboy colour, I bit the screen when I lost once :p It had scratches all over it. My PS2 is well messed up too, because I pulled the front cover off it when I was in a hurry to get a game out of it :rolleyes2

DarkLord
11-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Uuh, I took mine apart and destroyed part of the motherboard.:D I never want to do that again, especially seeing as I left it on. You don't know how much that hurts.

smittenkitten
11-22-2005, 04:01 PM
I got in trouble for shouting at my computer in the base :greenie: i don't thinkil repeat what i said lolz but since my teacher loves he let me off :D

Venom
11-22-2005, 04:01 PM
My friend Ritchie's computer didnt work anymore, so me and him took baseball bats and started beating the hell out of his computer, when we were done I took the keyboard home as proof:D

Craig
11-22-2005, 04:05 PM
My computer is fine for what I use it for, not great for gaming which is a little annoying, but I don't mind.

Not too long ago it would randomly crash and give me blue screens, which was very annoying but it's all good now.

edczxcvbnm
11-22-2005, 04:06 PM
My computer is awesome. It never crashes unless I fuck up somewhere...and even then it is very stable and has only really crashed 2 times over 2 years.

Jess
11-22-2005, 04:06 PM
My computer used to run really slow, because it was full to the max of crap and I was too lazy to sort it out, but I got my laptop about a month back - and at first I had problems with it.
*I installed an optical mouse because I hate touchpads, and sometimes when I was typing I would touch the touchpad and it would skip and the keyboard would just stop working. I figured that if I disabled the touchpad then I wouldn't get that problem.
*For the first few weeks of getting the laptop sometimes the screen would go all funny - flashing and stuff, going blue and whatever. I don't know what I did but thats stopped completely now.
So now its a love love relationship. :<3:

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-22-2005, 06:16 PM
my computer is totally dead at the moment. ive had to use my EVILL stepdads computer. I broke my TV by throwing my Ps2 controller at it. YOU CAN ONLY TAKE "GAME OVER" A FEW TIMES!!!

Psychotic
11-22-2005, 06:20 PM
No, I don't hate my computer, although I hate the Government 'cause it's trendy to do so, if that helps.

Dreddz
11-22-2005, 06:22 PM
I love my PC
I disliked my Mac, but still have a soft spot for it, Im on it now :D

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-22-2005, 06:22 PM
I get annoyed at times at it and swear and tell it off, but I love it. *hugs it*

Karl
11-22-2005, 06:42 PM
my computer often annoys me because it sux and is terrible slow but its better than no computer at all

Samuraid
11-22-2005, 07:50 PM
I :love: my computer. Since I built it a few months ago, it has run smoothly and has not crashed at all.

silentenigma
11-22-2005, 08:47 PM
My compy is as good as new. I've had it for almost a year. I wouln't hit it if it caused me problems-it would just make it worse

Old Manus
11-22-2005, 08:49 PM
My computer touches me :cry:

Sare
11-22-2005, 08:52 PM
only computer I have is a family computer everyone in my family uses. It's ok and doesn't crash too often. Yet still this is kind of old and slow. My sister keeps filling the space with completely useless things, which makes the computer run even slower.
I'll get to have a computer for myself once I graduate. I'm really looking forward to it.

Shoeberto
11-22-2005, 08:54 PM
Me and my computer...we got us a real good relationship goin' on. It runs real smooth-like for me, and in turn I give it a little lovin' every now and again.

Rye
11-22-2005, 08:56 PM
My computer is only about 6 months old, so I really like it and it works good. My only complaint is that it crashes when I play Sims 2, so I can't play it, but eh. :)

KoShiatar
11-22-2005, 08:56 PM
My PC loves me. But he's getting rather old.

Yamaneko
11-22-2005, 08:57 PM
I've been happy ever since I got a new PSU and a couple more case fans to be able to play CS:S and DoD:S without it crashing.

Miriel
11-22-2005, 09:03 PM
I primarily use a laptop and the only thing that annoys me about it is how hot it gets when I have it on for more than an hour. I'm surprised the thing doesn't burn a hole through my desk.

Resha
11-22-2005, 09:05 PM
Yes. It sucks. :D

rubah
11-22-2005, 10:38 PM
I love my computer, despite the occasional troubles it gives me (like yesterday)

Actually, very rarely has it done anything of its own accord; usually anything wrong with it is my own fault.

Winter Nights
11-22-2005, 10:39 PM
My home computer rarely gives me troubles. My work computer, however....

Xaven
11-23-2005, 01:02 AM
My (family's) computer's alright despite slight sluggishness. I still wish I had my own...

On the other hand, my friend's computer randomly opens MS Paint and draws pentagrams. :cry:

DMKA
11-23-2005, 03:03 AM
I love mine. Never had a single problem with it, unless you count the hassle I had to go through to replace XP Home Edition with Professional.

Slade
11-23-2005, 03:17 AM
I hate all computers......even if I am a graphic designer and use them most of the time. It's a love/hate relationship. I appreciate what they do but I get totally pissed off and want to destroy them when they don't work the way I want.

disapointedchild
11-23-2005, 04:32 AM
Mines cool, for being a machine and all.
Hasnt crashed on me yet.

Yuffie514
11-23-2005, 06:30 AM
yes, i hate it. i wish i lived in an apartment building and so i can send it to its falling death, 12 feet or so above the ground. i made a series of poems, my anger fueled by what some viewers believed was caused by another human...but they don't know.

Shlup
11-23-2005, 06:37 AM
I'm the only one who uses my computer so it's pretty easy to keep thinks from getting screwed up. It rarely ever crashes.

Kyuuketsuki
11-23-2005, 06:43 AM
I really have nothing against my laptop. I'd like to get an iMac in the future though. Have to start conforming to my college's way of thinking.

escobert
11-23-2005, 06:59 AM
Besides start up I have no problems. When I start it up it makes a weird beepig noise, makes me select profile 1 then loads again. Then it finally sarts windows up. It's strange other then that it's fine. :D I <3 it.

xtreme112
11-23-2005, 10:37 PM
I am a walking virus, everytime i get on a computer (especially when what I have to do is important) The computer flips out and goes wrong in every way it possibly can.
It's like a curse, even when I get on a brand new computer something is bound to happen. It's so annoying,but at times its been so bad that all i can do is laugh

Del Murder
11-24-2005, 03:06 AM
Why would I hate something that has brought me so much joy?

DarkLord
11-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Yes... 'Joy'...

Pheesh
11-25-2005, 03:30 PM
i do at the moment because it needs a re-format.

Stay Essential
EE

Slothy
11-25-2005, 03:40 PM
I haven't had a major problem with a PC since the last one we had that ran on Windows 98 (now that was a pile of crap let me tell you. I especially enjoyed losing the internet connection after about an hour and having to restart constantly because things kept freezing). That was two PC's ago I believe. Our current one is a few months old and runs HL2 and Doom 3 at high settings with ease. How could I possibly hate something that does that?

Jimmch939
11-25-2005, 06:33 PM
Mine's alright, it does what I need it to do. Its a dell, 3-4 years old. Still relatively fast, though I don't use it to for gaming. Its just for internet use/music.

I do want a new one very badly. Hopefully i'll be in the first stages of building myself one this time next year, if all goes according to plan with paying off my bills. I'm planning on building an absolute beast.

Slade
11-26-2005, 03:05 AM
Why would I love something that has brought me so much pain?
There.....just tweaked up that quote to suit me more :D

Xaven
11-26-2005, 03:23 AM
I just bought a new computer this morning. It's pretty good by today's standards, and spectacular considering the deal at Circuit City. In the end (after AOL subscription, rebates, and sales tax) it'll cost me $228. I'm almost done with erasing the crap-for-crap programs on it and installing better ones, but it is definitely awesome so far. And, it's all mine so no one else is allowed to touch and thereby destroy it.

I don't hate my computer. :)

Odaisé Gaelach
11-26-2005, 06:43 PM
I absolutely love my computer. Since I upgraded from Windows 98 to 2000 it has only crashed about once every year - though I have had problems with upgrading nVidia's drivers for my Ti4200. But hey, it still works!

Shauna
11-26-2005, 07:02 PM
I don't hate my PC. Sometimes the Keyboard dies in the middle of a conversation, and I get mad, and I can't play games on it for some reason, but it's still awesome.

Although, I hate Resha's PC, and I've never used it before. :p

RPJesus
11-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Do you hate your computer?
"I love my computer
you make me feel alright
every waking hour
and every lonely night
I love my computer
for all you give to me
predictable errors and no identity
and it's never been quite so easy
I've never been quite so happy
all I need to do is click on you
and we'll be joined
in the most soul-less way
and we'll never
ever ruin each other's day
cuz when I'm through I just click
and you just go away
I love my computer
you're always in the mood
I get turned on
when I turn on you
I love my computer
you never ask for more
you can be a princess
or you can be my whore
and it's never been quite so easy
I've never been quite so happy
the world outside is so big
but it's safe in my domain
because to you
I'm just a number
and a clever screen name
all I need to do is click on you
and we'll be together for eternity
and no one is ever gonna take my love
from me because I've got security,
her password and a key"

http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/ef/33/520216-music-resized200.jpg

Nino Brown
11-26-2005, 07:36 PM
If you hate your computer, get a new one.

Problem solved.

nik0tine
11-26-2005, 08:45 PM
My computer works fairly well. It crashes sometimes but it's still always been there for me.

Shadowdust
11-27-2005, 01:46 AM
If you hate your computer, get a new one.

Problem solved.

Or go the cheaper route and just re-install the operating system. It never hurts to have a fresh start. :)

Anyway, I don't hate my comp. My Athlon 2500 stabily overclocks to a 3200 without a problem. It doesn't handle games as well as it once did but that's okay since I mainly used ePSXe. I will admit that I do have to re-install my OS about twice a year due to how sluggish it gets over that period of time. Though I don't hate my comp, it doesn't stop me from wanting to build a more powerful one. I'm just waiting for the right time.

HybridFan
11-27-2005, 03:57 AM
Sometimes, when it just closes an app for no apparent reason and asks you if you want to send a report to micro$oft, Tsk :(

FFX_fanatiq
11-27-2005, 08:46 PM
dddddddddd

Xander
11-27-2005, 09:56 PM
yeah because it seems to have the crappiest graphics capability and I can't play any games on it. maybe I will get a new one.

Mirage
11-28-2005, 01:06 PM
I love my computer, it does exactly what I tell it to, most of the time. Even when it's too old to play the newest games, I won't hate it, cause that's my own wallets fault.
From my experience, it seems like people who hate their computers often don't know how to operate them properly.

Christmas
11-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Why would I hate something that has brought me so much joy?

Indeed.