PDA

View Full Version : It's always better on Holiday. That's why we only work when we need the money.

Rye
11-23-2005, 02:02 AM
What do you do on Holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas? Do you stay with your family, do you stay alone, do you go stay at your home or do you go away for it? Do you enjoy doing that for Holidays? What would you prefer to do? :)

I'm in a question asking mood. xD

PS: First person to guess what the title is from accomplishes the world wide web.

DK
11-23-2005, 02:03 AM
Jacqueline.

Shoeberto
11-23-2005, 02:04 AM
I chill.

Lindy
11-23-2005, 02:05 AM
I get busy with hatin' on Franz Ferdinand.

Wait, what?

Oh yeah, home, people I love, etc.

Marshall Banana
11-23-2005, 02:12 AM
Always with family at my house or my grandma's apartment and not really because I want to, but because I have nothing else to do. It's always the same thing every year.

Except I'll probably be spending this Christmas with some family in Tennessee.

And I actually have to help out some this year.

Skarr
11-23-2005, 02:12 AM
I sleep all day.

Denmark
11-23-2005, 02:27 AM
Christmas I always go to my grandparents' houses. (mom's and dad's side) They live in Pennsylvania. I do not. 5 hour drive = minuscule. :D

Thanksgiving changes every year. Sometimes we go to PA, sometimes (not anymore though since my dad's parents don't like to do long drives anymore) they come up here, and sometimes (like this year) we do it by ourselves. Whatever. As long as I get turkey. (turkey hitting a dog wouldn't be shabby either)

wherever that title quote is from, the song Holiday by Weezer has to be better. since I don't know where the title is from. (my capitalization has gone down the tubes. the theoretical tubes.)

eestlinc
11-23-2005, 02:48 AM
I'll be spending Thanksgiving alone this year, which will be great. The only annoying part is everyone beign all "Oh, you can come have it with us!"

rubah
11-23-2005, 02:54 AM
I generally chill out at home, although sometimes there are people referred to as 'friends' who inhabit my 'home' for brief 'times'

disapointedchild
11-23-2005, 04:35 AM
On holidays, I sit around and be bored.
Otherwise, said as,
I chill.

Shlup
11-23-2005, 05:20 AM
I spend Thanksgiving with BJ's family because my dad goes to my stepgramma's house, which I'm not very close to, and my mother goes to her aunts house, where the next closest person to my age is my own mother so I get bored as hell.

Christmas I spend with my dad's family because there's nothing like waking up Christmas morning with your brother and sister and ripping into HUGE piles of presents. My sister is currently six and my brother is three, and my stepmom goes crazy on Christmas shopping so I just love Christmas morning.

Then we go to my dad's brother's house to open another pile of presents with the family and eat dinner.

And then I go to BJ's parent's house after they get back from their celebrating and we have a mini-Christmas before bed.

I usually celebrate Christmas with my mom's side of the family on Christmas Eve.

eestlinc
11-23-2005, 05:22 AM
wow Shlup, you get lots of Christmases!

Xaven
11-23-2005, 05:56 AM
Thanksgiving varies, but I always celebrate it at least twice. *full*

Christmas... My immediate family (including sister and her boyfriend) will exchange gifts in the early morning after some type of breakfast. Fun times.

Then, we'll head out to my step-grandparents' house where all of my step-mom's family is for more food (lunch) and more gifts. There's so many people jammed into one room, it's just funny anymore.

Later, my siblings and I will head to my mother's sister's house for more gifts and more food (dinner). *full* I like my mom's side of the family the best.

Also, I'll definitely be seeing my dad's family sometime around or even on Christmas. That'll be either at my dad's brother's or mother's house. Or both.

Sare
11-23-2005, 10:31 AM
I'm at home. I like a traditional christmas, and by staying home I get one. It' s nice.

Samuraid
11-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Thanksgiving:
At home with my family, grandparents, and some friends of ours.

Christmas:
Christmas eve is just with my family, we open presents.
Christmas day we go to my grandparents' house and celebrate with them.

boris no no
11-23-2005, 11:43 AM
at christmas i normally work BUT I JUST QUIT!! SO I ACTUALLY CAN HAVE A HOLIDAY!!!!! *dances*
i spend christmas with my family as its the only time in the year we all sit down together, ever
new year hopefully going to boyfriends ^^

Shaun
11-23-2005, 11:49 AM
I hated christmas. My parents wouldn't let me open my presents until after lunch. Some kind of christmas tradition, apparently... A tradition of true torture, more like. But now I don't care about christmas. I usually just sleep, or play the latest games I've got.

Rye
11-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Generally I have to go to another relative's house. S'cuse me for sounding emo, but I generally go somewhere by myself and listen to music/read/go on the internet. There's no one to talk to really and all since all my relatives are under the age of 8. I'm not really a big Holiday dinner table person since the only Holiday meal I like is ham, and that's only on Christmas. And Christmas is the only holiday where WE have to host, so I get to stay in home.

I LOVE Christmas. :)

boris no no
11-23-2005, 11:55 AM
i love christmas too rye ^^
i normally just sit by myself now though ^^ i prefer the time before christma, when i see my friends and give them their pressies :D

Rye
11-23-2005, 11:56 AM
Yeah, I like buying and giving Christmas presents. I have to get around to finding ones for my friends in school and getting cards for people I'm gonna mail for Christmas. :D

Resha
11-23-2005, 12:24 PM
I sleep, eat, sometimes I celebrate. But only because of the presents, sure. :p Oh well, such is life!

xAerisx
11-23-2005, 12:46 PM
I love Christmas!! :D

I'm flying home to Ireland for Christmas this year to spend with my family. I've been away from them for almost 5 months 'cause of uni, so seeing them will be even better this year. I'm poor though, so I can't buy many pressies :(...

crono_logical
11-23-2005, 12:50 PM
Watch anime and play games and stuff, like any free time :D

Luara
11-23-2005, 01:58 PM
Watch anime and play games and stuff, like any free time :D
right on!! :choc2: LOL

SammieBabe
11-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Shlup your holidays sound like mine... This year the hubbie, I and the baby will have our own, then on to my mom's, then my in-laws, then my dad's... It gets really tiring. Not to mention, everyone gets offended if you don't eat at they're place...

Zeldy
11-23-2005, 04:43 PM
Christmas Day is at home with just my parents and brother.
Boxing Day is with all my other family for another party ^___^
Our family is close, we have loads of partys. My Brother and I took Donkey Konga last year. I won :)