PDA

View Full Version : Summons/Espers (Spoilers)

Cathyrine Tyrn
11-23-2005, 02:13 AM
I was wondering what everyone thinks of the two Espers (Summons) from the Demo.

Vaan's Hashmal (Earth) and Ashe's Belias (Fire)

Did anyone else get their Espers to do their uber-techniques?

Hashmal - Gaia's Wrath (purty cool)
Belias - Hellfire (Ifrit anyone?)

It's easiest to pull em off against the respective bosses. Just summon them as soon as the battle begins and wait, don't attack. Once the Espers do their basic attacks enough times they'll charge up the big ones. Very strong, very cool.

SrBehemoth
02-16-2006, 09:51 AM
:mog: The uber attacks are performed if the esper survives its full summon perios. when a character summons the ohter 2 pm's disappear and are replaced by the esper. the esper then functions much like a very strong berserked character with its own hp gauge. beside the hp gauge is a timing system. When time is up the esper leaves, but not before leaving behind its final parting gift.
Also whatever happened to the good old espers like titan or ifrit. i dont mind a few changes, but all im saying is that if the ice esper isnt in a thong i might be a little disappointed.:mog:

Miriel
02-16-2006, 10:24 AM
I dislike how all the other players fall by the wayside in the presence of a Summon. I'd much rather a Summon fight alongside the party rather than completely take the place of it.

boys from the dwarf
02-16-2006, 12:00 PM
how does the summoning system work on this game and are the sommoned monsters reffered to as espers in this game or is this just what you like to call them?

SrBehemoth
02-17-2006, 07:22 AM
:mog: I have no clue how summoning will work in this game. I just like calling them espers, i think they'll probly be called totema, seeing as the names are similar to those in ffta and it takes place on the world of ivalice:mog: