PDA

View Full Version : Question about FFVII tech demo

Mythra
11-23-2005, 02:15 AM
I know this has probably been discussed a thousand and one times already and I'm not even sure if this is the right board to put this on, but doesn't it seem like Square-Enix is teasing us with this demo??? I mean on the main page of this website they say that they (being square) are going to include the tech-demo for FFVII on the PS3. Why in the he11 would they put that in there if they don't plan on eventually releasing FFVII on the PS3? It would be one of the smartest moves they could make imho, FFVII was the best selling final fantasy of all time i do believe, and putting that on the PS3 with killer graphics couldn't hurt.

Shoeberto
11-23-2005, 02:17 AM
FFVII discussions go in the FFVII forum :)

eestlinc
11-23-2005, 03:21 AM
I don't see how remaking the entire game would be worth the effort just to make it look cooler and possibly add a couple extra monsters or something.

Dinnova
11-23-2005, 03:24 AM
maby there running out of ideas and are just remaking all of them. Better that then making a whole bunch of shaty games IMO.

Slade
11-23-2005, 03:38 AM
I hope not. Remakes are wrong in my opinion. People fell in love with the games the way they were and the way they looked even if the graphics were crappy. To remake a game that was loved for the way it was is just stupid and usually people still prefer the old one anyhow, so wheres the point?

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
11-23-2005, 05:48 AM
I am against remakes... but it would be intresting to see Aeris' death in the PS3 version... Maybe she won't look like a ragdoll...

Sephitachi7
11-23-2005, 07:25 AM
ok, Slade if there was a PS3 remake would you buy it?

Shin Gouken
11-23-2005, 12:18 PM
I hope not. Remakes are wrong in my opinion. People fell in love with the games the way they were and the way they looked even if the graphics were crappy. To remake a game that was loved for the way it was is just stupid and usually people still prefer the old one anyhow, so wheres the point?

Actually, remakes can far exeed their originals. im not talking about because of the graphic improvements and /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif either. Metroid zero mission was a remake of the very first metroid game and used the same old 2D graphics as the original. people are against a "ffvii" reamake coz they are certain its gunna get fucked up. i doubt that will be the case

WarriorValis
11-23-2005, 03:45 PM
According to one website I found, they don't want to do it because it'd take five years to rebuild the game for the PS3. They wouldn't remake it, just update the graphics for the new system, however... five years to rebuild the game from the ground up is kinda a waste of time...

Dinnova
11-23-2005, 04:08 PM
According to one website I found, they don't want to do it because it'd take five years to rebuild the game for the PS3.
then they better get started:p
wut if they allready started making it, and its just a secret.:greenie:

Crossblades
11-23-2005, 04:11 PM
Square Enix has already ruled out a FF VII remake

http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73822

Dinnova
11-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Last but not least, Nomura admitted that he is spending a lot of time thinking about how to conclude the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII.
a quote from that same article.

I myself doubt that there will be a remake, but i can always hope. Besides a remake would be a nice way to sum up all these spin offs. Think about it, a remake from the oringinal game with graphics, if not the same, better then; AC, DC, CC. It makes sence to me.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-23-2005, 09:06 PM
personally, if it came out on PS3 i wud buy it :D i think this game was truly amazing and the fact that technology (and disc space) was lacking wen it was created was a bit of a let down. to see ff7 remade wud make me chuffed and the creators have been quoted to say that they would love to remake it on PS3

RaidenWeb17
11-23-2005, 09:55 PM
Why are people against remakes? I was two when the first Final Fantasy came out and would have never gotten to play it if they hadnt made a remake. I would bow down to Square if they made a FFVII remake. Everyone would buy it even if they were against remakes cause your not gonna let something that pretty pass you by.

TheSpoonyBard
11-23-2005, 09:58 PM
Did the FFVI tech demo lead to an N64 release? No. Why should the FFVII tech demo lead to a PS3 release?

Personally I don't want there to be an updated version of FFVII. It would lose all the elements that made it such a great game all those years ago. SE should focus on getting FFXII released and then take their time in planning the next FF. I just hope they don't miss anything out *looks at FFVII*.

Slade
11-24-2005, 05:50 AM
ok, Slade if there was a PS3 remake would you buy it?
No. For two reasons: One because im against remakes and: Two because I probably wont be getting a PS3.

Vyk
11-24-2005, 09:02 AM
Why put forth the effort? Because people will buy it. It's a gauranteed sale

Dinnova
11-24-2005, 04:39 PM
I'd buy it.
But y do people think it will lose its magic if the game is remade. Isn't there the possibility that it will be.... better?
Its not completly out there.

Slade
11-25-2005, 09:35 AM
I'd still rather see them put their soul into a totally new Final Fantasy title than a remake. A new game has new evreything, what does a remake have? New Graphics and a couple of extra things not on the original...........wow. 'Lets waste our money on a game we already have that is perfectly fine the way it is' (my opinion).
Of course, for Square, making a remake is most likely more profitable than making a new game, and thats the reason they would do it.

Bowser
11-25-2005, 02:17 PM
Isn't this going a little overboard, though? Haven't they milked FFVII dry yet? It's getting a little boring. We already have a movie and (supposedly) two remakes coming out. I'm fine with what we already have.

TheSpoonyBard
11-25-2005, 02:21 PM
We already have a movie and (supposedly) two remakes coming out.
Scratch remake and put spin off, then I'll be inclined to agree.

Vyk
11-25-2005, 10:33 PM
You're also getting your other Square-Enix games. The FF7 fans are rabbid. Square is giving the fans what they want. Its not like they're cutting into your game time. If you don't like like all the FF7 saga stuff. Just don't buy into it. There's plenty else out there for you :D But it's far from a waste of time. As millions of fans will appreciate it and buy it all up. Everybody wins.

silverjoker
11-27-2005, 05:22 PM
I wouldn't want it if it was to prevent Square from making more FFs. Even though FF7 was one of their best games ever (wether it is the best or not is only a matter of opinion), I think the Square staff are imaginative enough to make PLENTY of great new stories, and the million of fans would be pleased either way. I didn't det my fix on PS2 so I hope PS3 will have its share of sensational stories, like PSone or SNES.

Ezme
11-27-2005, 07:33 PM
In theory I think i remake would be a brillaint idea BUT if it were to happen i really dont think SE could resist fiddeling..... i would want and exact copy with good graphics and at the most a few more FMV's, but if they did that they would only have us fans buying it.... i just dont think the gameplay can compete now. The other thing is, i wouldnt want it id it slowed down production of new FF titles. I think FFVI remake would be better anyway, bringing it to a whole new audience.... its easy for ppl with PS2's to play an old PS game but SNES is a diferent story!

Sephitachi7
11-28-2005, 09:07 PM
The vast majority of FFVII fans would buy a PS3 remake, plus new people who have not experienced FFVII or any FF first hand will buy it. This equals profit for Square-Enix and the people who want a remake, such as myself, will be happy.

Vyk
11-28-2005, 09:24 PM
I tell you what. I'm not a rabbid fan, but if FF7 comes to PS3 looking that pretty. It'll change my mind in the up-coming console war. Something MGS4 and another "new" FF probably have no hope of doing. I'm not interested in FF12 so I doubt FF13 will make a difference on me. It'd be a good gimmick for Sony at least.

Dinnova
11-29-2005, 03:49 PM
Haven't they remade all the games up to 6?
If so, what number comes after 6?
For some reason I think there isn't going to be a FFXIII for a very Very long time.

Vyk
11-29-2005, 05:38 PM
No, Square started production of FF8 before they released 7 from what I heard. And if that's false, then I know they started 9 before 8 was released. And it's been sort of tradition to them to do things like that. So I know XIII is in production, and has been in production for at least a little while.

Mirage
11-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Haven't they remade all the games up to 6?
If so, what number comes after 6?
For some reason I think there isn't going to be a FFXIII for a very Very long time.

Wrong. They remade FF1-2, and they're in the process of remaking FF3 for the DS right now. FF4-6 weren't remakes, they were ports, just with a few CGs added, and some bonus material. And considering FF1-3 were released ~15 years ago, I guess we can expect an FF7 remake in 2010 ;).
-edit- Oh right, I guess they'll have to start developing it sometime soon then, cause it seems PS3 games are going to be one hell of a mess to program. :P

Dinnova
11-29-2005, 10:25 PM
Oh right, I guess they'll have to start developing it sometime soon then, cause it seems PS3 games are going to be one hell of a mess to program. :P
Ya apprently making PS3 games are even more complicated to make then Xbox 360. O well i'd still w8 till 2010.:)

Cruise Control
11-29-2005, 10:39 PM
Where can I get a clip of this tech demo?

TheSpoonyBard
11-29-2005, 10:54 PM
Google. It is a wonderful thing.

Dinnova
11-30-2005, 01:44 AM
Ya, i accualy almost cried when I saw it.

Slade
11-30-2005, 05:19 AM
Ya, i accualy almost cried when I saw it.
So did I,only because I was thinking, "Please lord....hear me out.....don't let there be a remake" :cry: As I've said before, theres no need.
So far so good. :tongue:

The tech demo was awsome though.....but i hope thats all it will be: A demo.

Vyk
11-30-2005, 08:02 AM
I don't see why people hate remakes so much. If they love the originals so much, they can still clean to the originals. Making a remake doesn't change the fact that the originals existed. Its not going to negate it :D