PDA

View Full Version : *Spoilers ahead*Why did Kadaj...?

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-23-2005, 03:47 AM
Why and how did Kadaj turn into Sephiroth?
And what was in that box Kadaj had?

?????
11-23-2005, 03:50 AM
The last major repository of Jenova cells were in the box. Sephiroth's soul still lived on due to Jenova infecting the Lifestream, and Kadaj used the Jenova cells to make his own body a vessel for the resurrection of Sephiroth.

TurkSlayer
11-23-2005, 03:56 AM
IT'S A CONSPIRACY MAN!

Seriously though, I haven't seen the movie, but what I've heard is the same as what ????? said.

Masamune·1600
11-23-2005, 04:43 AM
I'll just repost my explanation from a previous thread.

Kadaj is a Remnant of Sephiroth. This means that, as was also the case with Loz and Yazoo, he was formed when Sephiroth's body was blown apart following the final chain of events in the original game. Having been formed from Sephiroth, the three SHM are Sephiroth, in a sense, and instinctually desire to merge with JENOVA cells, which Kadaj does.

Sephiroth is, effectively, almost indistinguishable from JENOVA, as he was given JENOVA cells while still in the womb, and has thus become the conscious embodiment of JENOVA's immutable aims. The aims become more complicated in Sephiroth, but stay true to the quintessential "needs" of JENOVA.

This matters because Sephiroth's will is more important to his identity than his body. His identity is bound up in his personal perception--the silver haired man with the long sword--but the shape-altering qualities of JENOVA can replicate this completely (as seen with the Sephiroth forms encountered throughout the original game). His will, however, even though identical in fundamental goal to JENOVA, is unique, and therefore is necessary for JENOVA to fully manifest the form of Sephiroth. In being Remnants, Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo also manifested the thoughts/will of Sephiroth. Hence, Kadaj and the others are unknowingly subject (to a degree) to Sephiroth, embodied in their desire to bring about "Reunion." When, then, Kadaj merges his physical body (the biological material of Sephiroth, and, more importantly, the manifestation of Seph's thoughts and will), it is possible for a fully real Sephiroth to again realize himself on Gaia.

What this means, in the long run, is that Sephiroth can only truly die when all JENOVA cells are eliminated, and/or when it becomes impossible for him to manifest his will on Gaia. Some JENOVA cells likely still exist following AC, but it seems unlikely that there is any obvious way for Sephiroth to use them to again manifest himself.

ThroneofDravaris
11-23-2005, 04:59 AM
In other words, it was the most plausible way Square could think of to bring him back…

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-23-2005, 05:54 PM
Oh i get it now :D
Thanks alot guys

ljkkjlcm9
11-23-2005, 06:24 PM
well in the game remember all the guys in the cloaks were heading to reunion. Which makes me think sephiroth wasn't really alive until after this reunion in the game. So they did the same thing in the movie. REUNION

THE JACKEL

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-23-2005, 06:56 PM
Um.....HUH!!??

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-24-2005, 09:57 AM
I've editted the spoiler out of the thread title. Please keep the spoilers to the thread itself.