PDA

View Full Version : Who's out of line?

Lord Xehanort
11-23-2005, 11:03 AM
Okay, let me start off by saying that I don't resent the mods, and if this thread is out of line, feel free to delete it.

Okay, now with the disclaimer out of the way, on to the thread.

In EoEO's Lesbian thread, I posted the following:

Bible = Unreliable (obviously.... no text THAT old is reliable anymore)
People who use God as a crutch = Fools (obviously... those are the kind of pricks who say that Christianity makes bigotry okay.)

This landed me my third ban from EoEO. It makes no sense to me. I never flamed or spammed.

TOPIC: Was I out of line with this non-malicious post?

ThroneofDravaris
11-23-2005, 11:07 AM
Yes. You didn't use enough words.

Reine
11-23-2005, 11:10 AM
Not in my opinion..

Lord Xehanort
11-23-2005, 11:14 AM
Yes. You didn't use enough words.

That was only a fraction of the post. The rest of it was finishing a recap of the thread to bring it to a close.

Besides, there were shorter posts beforehand. It was on topic, so it wasn't really spam.

Pheesh
11-23-2005, 11:16 AM
you weren't, but skeptics have to start evolving to the stage where we know that the
bible=veeeeery touchy subgect and
fools who use god as a crutch=rulers of the world.

so no, what you said is fine (and between you and me, true) but i'd watch where you say it.

Stay Essential
EE

P.S. 'lesbians?' thread=ciddie nominations

Lord Xehanort
11-23-2005, 11:19 AM
They'll probably have a "Totally Tactless" Award next Ciddies... *would win*

ThroneofDravaris
11-23-2005, 11:23 AM
I’ve been EoEO banned for less than that. I was on topic too....

…I just used Mobile Suit Gundam to illustrate my point.

P.S no one is going to say that you were out of line, because everyone that is going to post in this thread probably agrees with you.

Primus Inter Pares
11-23-2005, 11:26 AM
*EoEO banned.

No, you weren't out of line in that thread, just need to tread more carefully though when critisising a religion, no matter how foolish the religion may be :)

ThroneofDravaris
11-23-2005, 11:27 AM
....PiPology sucks

Shaun
11-23-2005, 11:30 AM
Everyone's entitled to an opinion. So no.

Primus Inter Pares
11-23-2005, 11:32 AM
....PiPology sucks
Firstly it's PiPism, and I'll see you burn in Shodenhell for that comment.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/PiPsig.jpg

ThroneofDravaris
11-23-2005, 11:46 AM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c130/ThroneofDravaris/KillJon.jpg

Anyway, why did you post that in the Lesbian thread? It seems kind of off topic; that may have been why.

Rye
11-23-2005, 11:51 AM
In my personal opinion, I somewhat agree, but that's my lack of religious belief. :)

Anaisa
11-23-2005, 12:01 PM
I don't think you were at all out of line. If its exceptable to compliment God and religion on this forum then it should also be exceptable to insult God and religion on this forum.

ThroneofDravaris
11-23-2005, 12:04 PM
But by that logic, if it’s alright to complement someone, it is also alright to call them a f@#$ing tosser, which is obviously not the case.

Primus Inter Pares
11-23-2005, 12:13 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/varalf/god.jpg

PiP was banned for your sins, now he's back, with a vengeance, and a following.

You see, this is a good example of a bad religious discussion, now onto the original point, if you say something that MAY offend some persons that may lead to a EoEO ban, especially if said offended person is a CK(as they would then see that some people may be offended, if it's very subtle it might not be picked up on).

Levian
11-23-2005, 12:14 PM
Maybe you should've used a different set of words or/and phrased yourself differently, but I don't see anything wrong with what you're trying to say. Everyone should be entitled to post their opinion about a subject.

But, I don't know exactly what you posted since that post is gone, so I'm not going to say who's out of line in your case.

Anaisa
11-23-2005, 12:21 PM
Well there are acceptable insults and unacceptable insults. If somebody said "the bible is the key to all wisdom" and somebody else said "the bible is the key to all violence, and bigotry." I would say that is an acceptable insult. Where as if somebody said "the bible is full of wisdom" and somebody else said "the bible is full of f***ing s**t and so are you" that I think would be an unacceptable insult.

Resha
11-23-2005, 12:22 PM
Bible = Unreliable
People who use God as a crutch = Fools

Sometimes things that are 'obvious' are politically/socially/whatnot incorrect, too. Because that's the hypocrisy of the world we live in. :rolleyes2 I don't think it has anything to do with the mods. They're just doing their job. And anyways...it'll be over soon! :D

Pheesh
11-23-2005, 12:33 PM
why? The 'lesbians?' thread wont die so the memory will live on.

Stay Essential
EE

crono_logical
11-23-2005, 12:41 PM
Bible = Unreliable (obviously.... no text THAT old is reliable anymore)Whilst the bible may be unreliable, saying age makes any text unreliable is wrong - age has nothing to do with anything, it's the preservation of the artifacts (or lack of) in their original form.

I don't think you were at all out of line. If its exceptable to compliment God and religion on this forum then it should also be exceptable to insult God and religion on this forum.Not true. You compliment people on good things, but would you insult people for being wrong? Anaisa, you are a :skull::skull::skull::skull:tard for saying something as moronic as that. See, it's not very nice, it would be better to correct them :p No insults are acceptable.

People who use God as a crutch = Fools (obviously... those are the kind of pricks who say that Christianity makes bigotry okay.)This would come under the insult argument above.

I'm closing this thread since it's an Ansem/others complaining about being unable to be polite and ending up banned thread as far as I see, but another mod can open it if they think it's ok :p