PDA

View Full Version : Mods

xAerisx
11-23-2005, 12:55 PM
I've noticed a lot of you have been complaining about moderator policies here.

I'd just like to say, I've moderated forums before, and it's a difficult job that requires you to detach yourself or people will end up disliking you simply because you closed a thread or deleted a post.

I've noticed the mods are quite strict here, which doesn't go down well all the time with the members. But on a forum this size, they can't use one rule for one person and not for another. So they have to impliment a zero tolerance policy, otherwise there would be so many more arguments over whether moderator actions were justified.

I've had the experience of being a mod before, on a smaller forum than this, and trust me it was hell. :rolleyes2

So I'd just like to hand it to the mods in this thread, because they don't deserve all the stick they get.

Alternatively, we could have a member v. mod uprising O_@.......

Kthx.

Chris
11-23-2005, 12:58 PM
I think they do a good job. It's important to keep the forums clean from spam, but it's also important not to be too strict. People do come here to have fun, so it's important not to scare them away!

boris no no
11-23-2005, 12:58 PM
some mods i disagree with but hey, what can i do about it :P
i think most of them are pretty good really, do well to keep it all peaceful

crono_logical
11-23-2005, 01:01 PM
I'd prefer cookies to sticks :monster:

Primus Inter Pares
11-23-2005, 01:01 PM
I like the mods :) I may complain publicly but that's all a part of the game.

They're easily approchable... and rubah is hot :joey:

Reine
11-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Yeah, the Staff are cool. Sure, at times I disagree, but there doing their job.

A lot of us have moderated forums before, myself included, but not on a forum of this size.

I think they do a good job.

Luara
11-23-2005, 01:43 PM
some mods i disagree with but hey, what can i do about it :P
i think most of them are pretty good really, do well to keep it all peaceful
:choc2:

Venom
11-23-2005, 01:53 PM
I think the mods do an excellent job.

However I still disagree with the banning of Gunblademaster.

Hawkeye
11-23-2005, 02:11 PM
We like to annoy the mods, especially eestlinc

Levian
11-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Well, I don't feel sorry for them for having it rough every now and then, they're doing this voluntarily. Either way, they're doing a good job most of the time. :cool:

Madonna
11-23-2005, 02:47 PM
omg I modded someplace too before! Several! I too know the hardships of being moderate, which is why I don't vote Republican or Democrat! :|

I haven't seen a moderator here in all the years I've been here. I've seen Knights charging to and fro on their, well, chargers, but that's an entirely different story.

And Yams strolls.

But this isn't about how Knights get around, is it, or there'd be more gossip about how Raist got "around" back in the d--*shot by sniper*

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-23-2005, 03:15 PM
Yeah I agree. I used to run a forum. Not a big one, but I gave up after I started recieving "hate mail" in my inbox. Noone wanted to help either so I gave up until the forum became a pit of depravity and relentless spam......
I've just started up another forum. It's ok now but in a year or so when more members join.... I'm not looking forward to it. At the moment Monster_Hunt is my only mod. I just hope some more people would be willing to help this time. Being a mod or admin's not all it's cracked up to be. You have to show real dedication to do a good job.

Dignified Pauper
11-23-2005, 03:17 PM
is that brown i see on your nose?

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-23-2005, 03:20 PM
We don't permit personal attacks on this forum. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

~Void

Sorry.....Didn't realise...... Won't happen again.... :(

Crossblades
11-23-2005, 03:21 PM
Mods only exist to make sure there are no problems in the forums and keep the forum running as smooth as possible. Also, to make sure members follow forum rules.

Btw, why did Gunblademaster get banned?:confused:

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-23-2005, 03:23 PM
He made an accout called "I hate Primus Inter Pares". He apologised to the Admins and everything but It looks like they are stickin' with the ban. Shame really, he livened the place up a bit...

Primus Inter Pares
11-23-2005, 03:26 PM
He made an accout called "I hate Primus Inter Pares". He apologised to the Admins and everything but It looks like they are stickin' with the ban. Shame really, he livened the place up a bit...
He made General Chat unbearable with other words.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-23-2005, 03:32 PM
Feeling bitter? Shame.. :irked:

Psychotic
11-23-2005, 03:32 PM
is that brown i see on your nose?:laugh:

Look, it's not my fault that most of the Cid's Knights are lame. Well actually no, it's not even most of them anymore, just Yama-guywhatever. And Del, his Goodfellas or Scarface or Gigli or whatever it's supposed to be avatar and sig set have just got old. He needs a new look. A new look involving animated gifs.

Dignified Pauper
11-23-2005, 03:36 PM
EXCUSE ME!? I'm not asking to be a moderator if thats what you are thinking. How about this, right. You go toddle off back to your little spam threads or wherever you came from and GROW UP!!!

Everyone knows that the mods here horde pr0n. They steal children. They worship the Norse Deity Loki. They ban people for reasonable and unreasonable reasons. They have preferential treatment, especially that BoB guy. What's up with him and that Psychotic guy... something fishy.
Not to mention that Rube is always getting molested by Marick. Phoa is always parading around her sexiness. Leeza is just the enforcer, more-so than Del. Eest is just a poet with an edge on moderation.

See, you're a brown noser. These people steal children! STEAL CHILDREN! Do you want your children stolen!?

Psychotic
11-23-2005, 03:40 PM
I heard Necronopticus voted Republican.

Classic Axe
11-23-2005, 03:41 PM
Lawless forums are where it's at

pain dot jpg, son!

Actually I think semi lawless forums are the best. So no pain.jpg but still funny stuff like internet arguments over who has the biggest wang.

Old Manus
11-23-2005, 03:45 PM
At least it's not a staff making the thread like usual

Dignified Pauper
11-23-2005, 03:47 PM
I heard Necronopticus voted Republican.

'nuff said.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-23-2005, 03:47 PM
Everyone knows that the mods here horde pr0n. They steal children. They worship the Norse Deity Loki. They ban people for reasonable and unreasonable reasons. They have preferential treatment, especially that BoB guy. What's up with him and that Psychotic guy... something fishy.
Not to mention that Rube is always getting molested by Marick. Phoa is always parading around her sexiness. Leeza is just the enforcer, more-so than Del. Eest is just a poet with an edge on moderation.

See, you're a brown noser. These people steal children! STEAL CHILDREN! Do you want your children stolen!?

1) If you know what all these people get up to then you are either making it up or are dangerously interested... GET HELP!!! By the way… I’m 17... I don’t have kids to be stolen... You really need to get out more....
(That’s the one bad thing about this forum... if you use it for prolonged amounts of time you no longer understand the concept of reality......
2) Who cares what people vote...?
3) Lawless forums are just useless....

AAANYYYWAAYY!!! Im goin' now i'm slowly losing the will to live...

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-23-2005, 03:52 PM
HEY! I'll have you know I've only stolen one child since I started! It's not plural!

Primus Inter Pares
11-23-2005, 03:54 PM
...kikimm got to ya didn't she?

xAerisx
11-23-2005, 03:57 PM
I haven't seen a moderator here in all the years I've been here. I've seen Knights charging to and fro on their, well, chargers, but that's an entirely different story.

And Yams strolls.

But this isn't about how Knights get around, is it, or there'd be more gossip about how Raist got "around" back in the d--*shot by sniper*

Is it hoover jousting time? o_o...

Actually I think semi lawless forums are the best. So no pain.jpg but still funny stuff like internet arguments over who has the biggest wang.

Agreed. If anyone knows of any let me know. ¬_¬

My point, however, was that the mods are only doing their job, and (by the looks of it :|) there are young posters here, so they must be PROTECTED FROM THE OBSCENITIES! And soforth...

They gotta do what they gotta do.

Dignified Pauper
11-23-2005, 03:59 PM
1) If you know what all these people get up to then you are either making it up or are dangerously interested... GET HELP!!! By the way… I’m 17... I don’t have kids to be stolen... You really need to get out more....
(That’s the one bad thing about this forum... if you use it for prolonged amounts of time you no longer understand the concept of reality......
2) Who cares what people vote...?
3) Lawless forums are just useless....

1) As the original EoFF News Reporter, it is my job to undergo research to uncover such findings. None of these things are made up. I'm interested because I plan on becoming a mod and overthrowing the forums into lawless chaos.
Just because you don't have children to be stolen, that doesn't mean you should support it. Leeza willingly submitted her children to the EoFF staff to become one of them. Tragic really.
Also, this forum represents reality itself.

2) Everyone. Don't you know that if you're Democrat, then you're a raging homosexual, or you're going to hell - oh wait, that's one in the same anymore.
If you're Republican, then you judge anyone on the moralistic preference to the Christian God. Sadly, you too will be in hell.

3) Near Lawless Forums always have the best people posting the best spam and the worst noobs posting the worst spam, unless it's small and localized with the same people posting over and over. Besides, they staff technically support lawlessness, look at their actions.

I was just informed that theundeadhero has coded in secret viruses that get downloaded to your cache' and will destroy your computer at 12AM January 1st.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-23-2005, 03:59 PM
...kikimm got to ya didn't she?

Who's kikimm?

Hawkeye
11-23-2005, 04:00 PM
RX Queen

Yamaneko
11-23-2005, 04:00 PM
They're still Nazis, though.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-23-2005, 04:01 PM
Oh.. her.. why would she "get to me"?

Christmas
11-23-2005, 04:02 PM
So, what do they do with the little children that they stole?

Dignified Pauper
11-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Isn't it obvious!? They teach them to be promiscuous and become sadistic moderators and administrators of forums and breed with eachother and steal other children to make a world of forum admins and mods.

Primus Inter Pares
11-23-2005, 04:06 PM
So, what do they do with the little children that they stole?
Devil worship, they stray away from the true path of PiPism.

Dignified Pauper
11-23-2005, 04:07 PM
HECTIC!

Christmas
11-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Devil worship, they stray away from the true path of PiPism.

I am pretty confused.....I always thought Cidism is the true path around here....

Anyway, back to the topic...

I've noticed a lot of you have been complaining about moderator policies here.

Hmmm....did a lot of people around here been complaining about the moderator policies lately....

Shaun
11-23-2005, 04:22 PM
With my couple of weeks of being here, it seems that mods aren't power-hungry. Hoo-boy, that was a problem at my old place.

Dignified Pauper
11-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Did they ban you?

If so, it's probably not because they were power hungry, but rather the fact that you use the term Hoo-boy.

Primus Inter Pares
11-23-2005, 04:27 PM
I am pretty confused.....I always thought Cidism is the true path around here....
It was, but the leaders have strayed from the true path, with the high temple located only in the staff forum... and those children they don't convert... yeah, I'll stop there.

Crossblades
11-23-2005, 04:29 PM
With my couple of weeks of being here, it seems that mods aren't power-hungry. Hoo-boy, that was a problem at my old place.

and what place would that be?

Shoden
11-23-2005, 04:33 PM
The mods rock, and you can tell most of them are lazy slackers like us.

They havent stolen anything from me yet, except my eyebrow back in the last Ciddies.

Shaun
11-23-2005, 04:35 PM
and what place would that be?

www.halomods.com

The place is ridden with n00bs now, so watch your step. And I'm not just generalising with that word, they really ARE n00bs, who cannot spell, and usually post nothing that's actually related to Halo.

Did they ban you?

If so, it's probably not because they were power hungry, but rather the fact that you use the term Hoo-boy.

XD!! I was a moderator there. And I only use it for extreme emphasis on rare occasions.

Psychotic
11-23-2005, 04:36 PM
Who's kikimm?You know, I often find myself asking the same question every night before I go to bed. The answer is Satan's little sister. Another question I ask is "why is my bed wet?" I don't want to know the answer to that one...

loony bob jiggled my tits.

Dignified Pauper
11-23-2005, 04:38 PM
< another forum that isn't EoFF >

The place is ridden with n00bs now, so watch your step. And I'm not just generalising with that word, they really ARE n00bs, who cannot spell, and usually post nothing that's actually related to Halo.

XD!! I was a moderator there. And I only use it for extreme emphasis on rare occasions.

That is advertisement! I'm Tattling!

loony bob jiggled my tits.

true tragedy right there. Loony BooB the AssClown

Christmas
11-23-2005, 04:38 PM
www.halomods.com

Maybe it is wiser to keep this for PM...

Primus Inter Pares
11-23-2005, 04:40 PM
I like how now it's been posted three times.

Zeldy
11-23-2005, 04:40 PM
I like the mods ^__^
Ive been a mod at a forum, but I didn't do anything ^___~
When your close friends with all the mods and admins nobody cared

Shaun
11-23-2005, 04:41 PM
I'm not advertising. If you go to that /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifhole, it's your own fault. I was replying to a question, simply. Or was it a set-up to get a new guy in trouble? ;x

Psychotic
11-23-2005, 04:42 PM
It's not advertising because none of you own it.

However I think it breaks the "Don't insult other forums" rule instead, so all you post warners (Goddamned narcs) can still get your jollies anyway!

Dignified Pauper
11-23-2005, 04:43 PM
Any link to another forum is advertisement! I tattled already.

Crossblades
11-23-2005, 04:43 PM
www.halomods.com

Kinda like this place

http://forum.fffanatics.net/

Some noobs who has been there longer than I have and still act like noobs. They don't even talk about Final Fantasy. I'm an admin there btw

Primus Inter Pares
11-23-2005, 04:45 PM
...then the post will become

http://forums.eyesonff.com/index.php

Strawberry_Mew
11-23-2005, 04:45 PM
I have to agree they do work hard and I respect that ^_^ I know the feeling on working hard for something :3

Shaun
11-23-2005, 04:46 PM
Any link to another forum is advertisement! I tattled already.

Tattle away! The sooner that link disappears from my vision, the better.

Kinda like this place

http://forum.fffanatics.net/

Some noobs who has been there longer than I have and still act like noobs. They don't even talk about Final Fantasy. I'm an admin there btw

Hah, I know how you feel. Most of the good guys from err, that old crappy place I came from, have gone by now. It's became a home for thirteen-year-old Linkin Park and Dragonball Z fans.

Dignified Pauper
11-23-2005, 04:48 PM
I tattled on CrossBlades too.

Psychotic
11-23-2005, 04:51 PM
Tattle on him for flaming another forum, not advertising!

Whenever the wonderful and terrific and lovely and cuddly and yay (but I'm totally not a brownnose btw!) Cid's Knight shows up to clean rule-breaker house, they will agree with me. And if they don't, they're ugly and hateful and should learn the forum rules better. So there!

Dignified Pauper
11-23-2005, 04:53 PM
Whenever the wonderful and terrific and lovely and cuddly and yay (but I'm totally not a brownnose btw!) Cid's Knight shows up to clean rule-breaker house, they will agree with me. And if they don't, they're ugly and hateful and should learn the forum rules better. So there!

those sentences makes no sense, grammatically or cognitively.

Shaun
11-23-2005, 04:56 PM
that sentence makes no sense, grammatically or cognitively.

That's at least three sentences, by the looks of it.

Psychotic
11-23-2005, 05:01 PM
those sentences makes no sense, grammatically or cognitively.Looks like I have achieved my goal.

I feel should inform you that your sentence made no sense grammatically as it didn't start with a capital letter and so therefore I cannot draw your true intentoons. Or cognitively, 'cause you smell like rotten fish. :)

Meat Puppet
11-23-2005, 05:04 PM
Looks like I have achieved my goal.

I feel should inform you that your sentence made no sense grammatically as it didn't start with a capital letter and so therefore I cannot draw your true intentoons. Or cognitively, 'cause you smell like rotten fish. :)

:monster:

xAerisx
11-23-2005, 05:28 PM
Shhhh Captain Grammar.

eestlinc
11-23-2005, 05:30 PM
people seem to get the impression that I get mad or annoyed by anything here. this is not true.

Hawkeye
11-23-2005, 05:32 PM
PM eestlinc for sex!

Primus Inter Pares
11-23-2005, 05:32 PM
people seem to get the impression that I get mad or annoyed by anything here. this is not true.
But you know it's oh so fun to feign annoyance... :D

Crossblades
11-23-2005, 05:33 PM

I don't see why people think that. Your one of the best mods here

rubah
11-23-2005, 05:36 PM
Studies show that for every person who complains about the staff, there will be precisely 0.98 who praises them.

For every Marick there is a PiP.

Christmas
11-23-2005, 05:37 PM
I don't see why people think that. Your one of the best mods here

I dun know about mod but his poems is pretty good.

theundeadhero
11-23-2005, 05:39 PM
I was just informed that theundeadhero has coded in secret viruses that get downloaded to your cache' and will destroy your computer at 12AM January 1st.Maybe... but what year?

PM eestlinc for sex!
I did, and he turned me down. Ever since that day I hurt a little on the inside each time I log onto EOFF.

The Mods do a good enough job. Most of them are more than the average high school kid. They're onlt human, except for Super Delete, but he left us.

eestlinc
11-23-2005, 05:39 PM
i will note that I only ever get PMs for sex from guys, which makes me sad.

Yamaneko
11-23-2005, 05:43 PM
Most people don't care what we do. They just act like it's a Big Deal because... well it's the thing to do and they probably have nothing better to do.

edczxcvbnm
11-23-2005, 05:56 PM
I say we have a trial week. No mods for 1 week and see what happens. Just make a back up of the database before hand so you can reset if things go that badly. :D It'll be swell.

xAerisx
11-23-2005, 06:02 PM
I concurr!

Christmas
11-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Most people don't care what we do. They just act like it's a Big Deal because... well it's the thing to do and they probably have nothing better to do.

So, do you like your job and the responsibility of it?

Yamaneko
11-23-2005, 06:04 PM
Yeah, I like the job.

Primus Inter Pares
11-23-2005, 06:05 PM
i will note that I only ever get PMs for sex from guys, which makes me sad.
Fixxxed...

EDIT: I may be a guy but there is banned imagry that says otherwise

xAerisx
11-23-2005, 06:09 PM
I fixed it first.

Loser.

Miriel
11-23-2005, 06:40 PM
I like my Cid's Knight. The others are ok too.

Yamaneko however, should not be a CK.

Classic Axe
11-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Looks like I have achieved my goal.

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/3671/owned9fh.gif

rubah
11-23-2005, 06:51 PM
Maybe... but what year?

I did, and he turned me down. Ever since that day I hurt a little on the inside each time I log onto EOFF.

The Mods do a good enough job. Most of them are more than the average high school kid. They're onlt human, except for Super Delete, but he left us.
I've been working on becoming average for years now *tears* oh thank you mr. undead hero!

Endless
11-23-2005, 08:40 PM
*insert obligatory former staffer rant before Raist does it about how things were better before*

Shiny
11-23-2005, 08:45 PM
I agree with some of the people here. The banning of Gunblademaster was unjust and if they banned him then they should have banned a couple of other people...Also, I like some of the moderators. Not all...:shifty: Rubah is pretty helpful though.

Primus Inter Pares
11-23-2005, 08:54 PM
Shiny_Griever, they did ban other members, unfortunately, they were also GBM's accounts.

Alive-Cat
11-23-2005, 09:13 PM
I LOVE the mods, LOVE so much you won't believe when the nukes come!
:shifty:

Venom
11-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Gunblademaster is pretty clever:D

Old Manus
11-23-2005, 09:15 PM
Yeah, the moderators do a great job DELETING POSTS MADE IN A THREAD PRAISING THEM

ungrateful

Primus Inter Pares
11-23-2005, 09:28 PM
You know that Hsu WANTS you to flame his inbox.

Ultima Shadow
11-23-2005, 10:17 PM
PM eestlinc for sex!I did, and he turned me on.*fixed*

Shlup
11-23-2005, 10:21 PM
I say we have a trial week. No mods for 1 week and see what happens. Just make a back up of the database before hand so you can reset if things go that badly. :D It'll be swell.
Yesssss.

rubah
11-23-2005, 10:59 PM
okay, but we still get access to our porn forum and you guys don't!

Primus Inter Pares
11-23-2005, 11:07 PM
rubah DCC's me porn all the time :D

Shoeberto
11-23-2005, 11:08 PM
PiP poses naked for me all the time :D

Psychotic
11-23-2005, 11:16 PM
I looked at myself in the shower once. :drool:

Also, are the rumours that Leeza posts porn of herself in this legendary porn forum true?

Shoeberto
11-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Um.

Primus Inter Pares
11-23-2005, 11:21 PM
PiP poses naked for me all the time :D
I do and you love it, at least that's what you said... YOU'VE BEEN USING THEM FOR THOSE EVIL PURPOSES AGAIN HAVEN'T YOU?! :mad2:!

rubah
11-24-2005, 01:00 AM
What do you mean "rumours"

Yamaneko
11-24-2005, 01:08 AM
It was essentially done everytime we moved servers. It doesn't work.

Primus Inter Pares
11-24-2005, 01:25 AM
Ban Yams, maybe that'll stop him from spamming.

Del Murder
11-24-2005, 02:54 AM
According to the evaluations we received, we are doing a bang up job. Not me so much right now, but the rest of the staff puts up a great effort to keep this place respectable.

And I never change my av/sig because they are simply the best. I could go nowhere else but down.

Yamaneko
11-24-2005, 03:11 AM
Aren't you already headed there?

theundeadhero
11-24-2005, 04:32 AM
He's on his way down now; he'd like to take you with him.

I've been working on becoming average for years now *tears* oh thank you mr. undead hero!Keep working hard enough and you'll reach under-average in no time!

rubah
11-24-2005, 05:33 AM
Oh sir, thank you for those kind words! *sniffles*

I didnt' think I could ever be able to accomplish that!

Primus Inter Pares
11-24-2005, 06:22 AM
Much can be accomplished with the moderator powers you posses, you're just too scared to use it.

(I don't think I need to stipulate that sexual favours do count here)

ffxfreak93
11-24-2005, 07:14 AM
I looked at myself in the shower once. :drool:

Also, are the rumours that Leeza posts porn of herself in this legendary porn forum true?

the world will never know......

Mo-Nercy
11-24-2005, 09:49 AM
Yeah. Took me forever to find them, here's a link...

Leeza: *snip*

Shiny
11-25-2005, 08:50 PM
Shiny_Griever, they did ban other members, unfortunately, they were also GBM's accounts.
:rolleyes2 Incase you didn't notice (which you didn't) I was talking about you. ;)

Old Manus
11-25-2005, 09:38 PM
www.modporn.com

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-26-2005, 12:27 AM
HECTIC!

Don't you mean Heretic?

fantasyjunkie
11-26-2005, 12:32 AM
Mods are doing a great job on this forum. :beer:

Dignified Pauper
11-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Don't you mean Heretic?

No, I mean HECTIC. Maybe you should read this (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69322&highlight=HECTIC)

Christmas
11-26-2005, 04:49 PM
No, I mean HECTIC. Maybe you should read this (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69322&highlight=HECTIC)

I wonder how many of these threads are out there.....

Primus Inter Pares
11-26-2005, 05:38 PM
There are a lot of things you need to be around for to understand :D

Christmas
11-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Like PiPism...?

Primus Inter Pares
11-26-2005, 05:48 PM
This explains it quite well. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1406154&postcount=27)

Dignified Pauper
11-26-2005, 06:05 PM
Man, I cannot connect to mIRC. That means I can't properly bash the mods.

In other news. I heard Leeza and the porn she posts can be found at numerous websites. I guess she isn't just EoFF Exclusive material.

theundeadhero
11-26-2005, 06:58 PM
I started HECTIC! in chat.

Old Manus said something about ther being heretics about. I said something about there being all kinds of HECTICS! about. All throughout the night after that, Old Manus would randomly say something about HECTICS! and I would /me burns the HECTICS!

That was at least 4 months before Ciddism.

Old Manus
11-26-2005, 09:41 PM
not true

I said once in chat 'this is getting hectic'
you said '/me burns the HECTICS'
repeat x 10
now hectic is HECTIC

omg get yor facts strate

theundeadhero
11-26-2005, 09:48 PM
*Memory fuzzy. Agent orange kicking in*