Crossblades
11-23-2005, 04:04 PM
http://www.comingsoon.net/trailers/doa/

Mirage
11-23-2005, 04:15 PM
This can't be happening.

Shoden
11-23-2005, 04:27 PM
That is the biggest heap of bollocks i've seen as a video game movie yet.

Dreddz
11-23-2005, 04:49 PM
lol, at least there ruining a game that wasnt very good to begin with ....

Shoeberto
11-23-2005, 05:27 PM
It's like Mortal Kombat meets Kill Bill except totally stupid in every aspect.

ffxfreak93
11-23-2005, 08:07 PM
that is gay ...

Dreddz
11-23-2005, 08:20 PM
that is gay ...
more like lesbian .......

Craig
11-23-2005, 08:34 PM
Even I thought that was dumb.

Traitorfish
11-23-2005, 10:04 PM
Aaaargh! The world is doomed! I shall lay waste to the cities of the earth, and kill every human, to wash the world clean with blood, so that we may redeem ourselves of this sin against nature!
In human: That has got to be the dumbest piece of crap I have ever seen. From what I can tell, it was a crappy rip-off of House of Flying Daggers, replacing the plot with bad jokes, and the mighty warriors with a bunch of sword-wielding sluts!
Damn it, this is worse than bad! DAMNITDAMNITDAMNIT! ALL SHALL DIE TO CLEANSE THE EARTH!

krissy
11-23-2005, 10:53 PM
cool

Tifa's Real Lover(really
11-23-2005, 11:00 PM
wtf is this crap?

MecaKane
11-23-2005, 11:28 PM
The games had one point in its entire existance: Sexy chicks fighting, or playing Volyball.
This movie has one ponit: Sexy chicks fighting. Would you rather it be a stupid movie about vollyball?

Erdrick Holmes
11-23-2005, 11:33 PM
Why is the movie community hellbent on making EVERYTHING suck?

MecaKane
11-23-2005, 11:37 PM
doa always sucked.

Holy_Aeris
11-23-2005, 11:42 PM
heh comparing it to Morta Kombat? Well it does have the actor Robin Shou in it (he pays Liu Kang in MK) So yea, that says it all.

Erdrick Holmes
11-23-2005, 11:52 PM
I mean, DOA was one of the only 3D fighting games to ever impress me (which says ALOT mind you) now hollywood tries to do this. Didn't they learn anything from Street Fighter?

Slothy
11-23-2005, 11:56 PM
lol, at least there ruining a game that wasnt very good to begin with ....

Not sure I agree with this. It's hard for them to ruin something that sucked to begin with, however I do agree with the point you were making.

Craig
11-24-2005, 12:21 AM
I mean, DOA was one of the only 3D fighting games to ever impress me (which says ALOT mind you) now hollywood tries to do this. Didn't they learn anything from Street Fighter?

I'm betting that's only because of the animated hotties.

MecaKane
11-24-2005, 12:36 AM
You win!
Too bad the odds were so bad you lose your money anyway, or something.

Even a good fighter based around big tits would be a bad movie, anyway.

Erdrick Holmes
11-24-2005, 12:44 AM
I'm betting that's only because of the animated hotties.

Theres that and the fact that the fighting was just... great.

RSL
11-24-2005, 12:45 AM
They're making a Dead or Alive movie? That's crazy.

ZeZipster
11-24-2005, 12:49 AM
Theres that and the fact that the fighting was just... great.

One day I decided I'd see how far I could get in DOA by only pressing one button. I beat the entire game. It wasn't on easy, either.

I honestly can't believe this is real. They look like stupid cosplayers. Out of curiosity: what are the odds that they'd decide to release a movie for a Japanese game in English before Japanese?

Erdrick Holmes
11-24-2005, 12:52 AM
Yeah, it's an easy game, jugging's a challenge tho'.

XxSephirothxX
11-24-2005, 01:06 AM
I don't know what you guys are talking about. That's going to be the best movie ever.

BatChao
11-24-2005, 01:13 AM
Holy crap... I thought this movie was gonna blow... but judging from this trailer, it's gonna rule! (Not being sarcastic). I'm really glad they are going with the campy attitude rather than trying to be serious. Man... It looks freakin' awesome. I am totally hyped for this movie now. I caught a brief appearance by Gen-fu in the trailer... haha. This movie is gonna rock. I can't believe how awesome it looks.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
11-24-2005, 01:26 AM
its gonna b another charles angels

Mo-Nercy
11-24-2005, 02:23 AM
Dead or Alive doesn't match it with Soul Calibur, Tekken or even Virtua Fighter. Hell, even that Rival Schools whatever thingo ownz it's ass in the fighting mechanics sense.

I still think it's a fun game though. The Tag mode isn't so bad.

I didn't like the trailer at all though. xD

look_out_below
11-24-2005, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Tifa's Real Lover(really

its gonna b another charles angels

My thoughts exactly. The moive world suffered enough with the two, shudder, Charlie's Angels movies, it may not survive DOA.

Zell's Fists of Fury
11-24-2005, 10:59 AM
The games had one point in its entire existance: Sexy chicks fighting, or playing Volyball.
This movie has one ponit: Sexy chicks fighting. Would you rather it be a stupid movie about vollyball?
I'm pretty sure I saw some volleyball going on.

Shlup
11-24-2005, 11:26 AM
lol that's hot

I didn't see Lisa though. She's my favorite. DOAXBV rocks my socks. JUMPING GAME!!

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
11-25-2005, 05:52 AM
LoL Holly Valance (the chick who says do me up in the last bit)...as if she couldnt reach any lower in her career! And u'd think after Sin City that girl who played Miho would have better roles to choose from!

I'll be looking forwqard to this one:mad:

Traitorfish
11-25-2005, 08:19 PM
DOA, although not as technically good as Soul Calibur or Tekken or whatever, was always fun for an idiotic ounch-up. ANd that's what the movie should have been- 90 minutes of Bayman and Leon smashing peoples heads through plate glass, while laughing manically and then doing that weird macho arm-thumping tag victory thing. Also, there should be a scene in which they were pirates.
Instead, we get this- a crappy piece of crap, which really emphasises the dumbest bit of the game- the stupid-ass girls. They were never anything more than a crappy marketing gimmick, and only served to highlight the well-known fact that the game wasn't as serious as it's rivals.0 It was bad enough when 1 & 2 used the sluts as a way of competing with Tekken, but when DOA moved to Xbox it should have abbandoned the stupid gimmick. But no, 3 more decent, but slut-filled games, and when game that was a dumb-ass excuse to put the girls in as little clothing as possible. Now, if DOA:XBV had consisted of Leon and Bayman batting a severed head back and forth, I'd be all for it. But no, they went with the stupoid gimmick again! DAMNSTUPIDASSGIMMICK!
By making the movie around this, they've damned the series.