PDA

View Full Version : Its 100% offical now

edczxcvbnm
11-23-2005, 07:07 PM
This is the best FF game ever. I have been talking this game up as the best FF game ever since 2002 if not a bit earlier in late 2001. Long story short the Demo has proved me right. From the graphics to the dungon design this will...with out a doubt be the greatest FF game ever.

Discuss the greatness of the game!

Necronopticous
11-23-2005, 07:09 PM
I fully agree that this will undoubtedly be a wonderful asset to the Final Fantasy series.

TurkSlayer
11-23-2005, 07:27 PM
I will give you my own report once I have a copy of DQVIII. Until then, I would agree from the things I've seen so far. Perhaps not the best, but certainly a welcome addition to the series.

Ezme
11-23-2005, 09:09 PM
I think i'd rather wait till i have a copy of it before i say it is better than the greatness of FFX.:moomba:

rubah
11-23-2005, 09:42 PM
I'll have to wait until I can con someone into giving me the demo or until it actually comes out to know.

Speaking of conning people, where's rsl. . .

Vaprice
11-23-2005, 10:06 PM
Once I obtain Dragon Quest VIII I will as well express my opinion. But seeing everyting so far, it seems to me that this will be one of the greatest FF's in the series. Graphics, plot, characters, and plus it's going back to it's old school predicessors.

Miriel
11-23-2005, 10:07 PM
I want to play the demo. :(

Bushmaori
11-24-2005, 04:46 AM
This is the best FF game ever. I have been talking this game up as the best FF game ever since 2002 if not a bit earlier in late 2001. Long story short the Demo has proved me right. From the graphics to the dungon design this will...with out a doubt be the greatest FF game ever.

Discuss the greatness of the game!

Wow I didn't know you had a time machine.

Slade
11-24-2005, 06:05 AM
I think i'd rather wait till i have a copy of it before i say it is better than the greatness of FFX.:moomba:
I have alot of confidence in this game and I feel it will carve FFX in almost everyway imaginable. This is only my thought though.Just as long as it is a great game then im okay with it either way. Im so excited :hyper:

boys from the dwarf
11-24-2005, 07:03 AM
i dont know if it will be the best. its depends and how fun it is and the storyline and not graphics. im almost certain it will be great though.

edczxcvbnm
11-24-2005, 11:54 PM
Wow I didn't know you had a time machine.

Well now you do! I have seen the greatness. This game will bring all FF gamers together under one universally great game.

Destai
11-25-2005, 12:04 AM
I've been saying how awesome its gonna be for ages.
Happy to see Im right.

Trumpet Thief
11-25-2005, 12:12 AM
chaos: Having only read about it, all I can say is that it looks pretty damn good. :)

Albedo: *laughs maniacally*

Moshenokoji
11-26-2005, 03:29 AM
My cousin bought DQ8 and brought it over and i played on the demo. It took me a few minutes to get used to but over all i love it. The opening CG was so FREAKIN GOOD. And i actually like the real time fighting mixed with all the coolness of Final Fantasy. The Battle system kinda reminded me of Final Fantasy XI but with a single player aspect. The only thing i didn't like is that the other two characters in my party kinda do what they want. Though, if Square programs the game right, it shouldn't be a problem. This game will be good, i feel it will be on par with Final Fantasy 6 and 7.

Germ Hamee
11-26-2005, 08:11 AM
Frankly, I'm not the slightest bit interested in it. :erm: I've been keeping up with it, and just don't understand the hype. Everybody and their brother is stoked for this. I dunno...

I'd love to check out the demo, but seriously, why do they have to pack it with Dragon Quest? T.T Of course it can't come with a game I want. Marketing reasons be damned.

Moshenokoji
11-26-2005, 04:00 PM
Dragon Quest VIII is awesome as well. It's nice, traditional RPG that is fun and well done. If you haven't played it yet, hop on over to Square's web site and get to the Dragon Quest VIII flash website and sign to to recieve the demo in the mail free. It's good.

B-dup
11-26-2005, 10:46 PM
i have played ffvii to x-2 and i would say vii is the best rpg ever made. xii is going to have a hard time to try and top it. I have played the xii demo and it is really good but come on now vaan looks feminine and thats not cool at all. Everyone knows that cloud is the best hero. Also dragon quest viii isn't that bad of a game my bro picked it up and it's just cartoony.

Crossblades
11-26-2005, 11:56 PM
I think it's too soon to say that this will be the greatest FF. Play the whole game first

Rostum
11-27-2005, 12:03 AM
i have played ffvii to x-2 and i would say vii is the best rpg ever made. xii is going to have a hard time to try and top it. I have played the xii demo and it is really good but come on now vaan looks feminine and thats not cool at all. Everyone knows that cloud is the best hero. Also dragon quest viii isn't that bad of a game my bro picked it up and it's just cartoony.

Ah, the blinded FF7 fanboy. You won't think any game is better than FF7 because you would never give it the chance.

I guess I'll just have to wait out until this is released, I don't think Dragon Quest VIII has come out or is coming out here.

B-dup
11-27-2005, 12:12 AM
It already came out on nov. 15th and my bro is about half way through it. We have been taking turns playing it and its not too bad actually it's really good it's just that the cell shading is a little different but other than that the gameplay runs smoothly and the monsters are comicly unique lol.

vampirepiggyhunter7
11-27-2005, 02:53 AM
Oh boy...

Germ Hamee
11-27-2005, 04:59 AM
...come on now vaan looks feminine and thats not cool at all. Everyone knows that cloud is the best hero.

Are you surprised a main charactor in a video game from Japan looks feminine? Have you ever seen a male, japanese rock star? Vaan is a manly man. In any case, how the guy looks has nothing to do with how good the game will be. Look at Mario (not caring if you like Mario or not). He's a squat, chubby, italian plumber. What's cool about that?

Aaand Cloud was Popeye as an emo. Personally, I rank that as the most uncool combination ever. :eek:

On to Dragon Quest... how does it rate as far as story goes? Is it worth $50?

Sefie1999AD
11-28-2005, 01:01 PM
Great, so edczxcvbnm's FFXII prophecy seems to be quite accurate. :) I think he's been saying FFXII will become the best FF ever since FFIX came out or so. I wonder how the game will turn out. The medieval fantasy setting is an interesting and a welcome feature, but I'm not particularly interested in the return of Ivalice, especially when Ivalice seems to be more taken from FFTA than FF Tactics.

Mirage
11-28-2005, 01:10 PM
Greatness? Oh, you mean the graphics.

Well, I've had my hopes up for this game for years now, I really hope it'll blow me away.

Lionx
12-07-2005, 12:34 PM
It has FFXI's mandragora and similar fighting system, i am in love <3

It seems FF games name their humans Humes now..O_o interesting...but i am disappointed in that theres only Humes..and 1 Vierra.

ThroneofDravaris
12-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Come on 1:1 world map!

Kamiko
12-13-2005, 07:49 PM
I'm waiting. I'm reserving judgement until I actually play the game. It looks good so far but I have strange tastes as it is. Hopefully the storyline, gameplay and graphics will wow me.
And they haven't chosen any bad voice actors to date so here's hoping.

edczxcvbnm
12-13-2005, 08:13 PM
And they haven't chosen any bad voice actors to date so here's hoping.

In this thread you are not to spread lies about Squenix!

crazymoronx
12-14-2005, 06:16 PM
I'm stuck on the battle system.

It threw me for not only A loop, but several loops.

I can't wrap my head around it, it's insane.

Maybe I'd get used to it playing the game for a while, but as of right now, I think it's just too weird to be likable.

Anyway... I won't make any assumptions about the game until I play the real thing, and not a demo.

xarabas
12-14-2005, 06:29 PM
Weird,dude.

Nucah
12-15-2005, 04:36 AM
Final Fantasy VI is the best final fantasy, hands down.

nik0tine
12-15-2005, 08:14 AM
I've yet to play the demo, but I absolutely cannot wait for this game.

Shoeberto
12-15-2005, 07:22 PM
The demo's pretty good. I'm excited.

Nick Schovitz
12-15-2005, 07:32 PM
I'm not sure what to say, the main character looks like a girl,a fag! In Final Fantasy the gay looking characters are most of the time villians like Kuja.

Leeza
12-15-2005, 07:45 PM
Nick, if I see you using the words fag and gay in those terms again, I will ban you.

Sephiroths Clone
12-17-2005, 03:51 PM
The demo was really fun. I preferred the dungeon one not the phon coast one. The battle system was a lot more fun when there was no wait.

edczxcvbnm
12-18-2005, 09:23 PM
Final Fantasy VI is the best final fantasy worst game ever, hands down.

Yes FFVI was the worst game ever hands down.

I'm not sure what to say, the main character looks like a girl,a fag! In Final Fantasy the gay looking characters are most of the time villians like Kuja.

How....queer! HA HA HA HA HA HA! Oh man that was a bad pun.

2) WHERE IS THE LOVE (the love,the love) THEY ACTUALLY TOLD US THIS WILL NOT BE A LOVE STORY...GOODNESS that is like what got me into ff..if I wanted to play some shallow game about battles theres halo ect!..kay yeah..the no love annoys me

You just lost any credibilty you could have ever hoped to have gained.

Super Christ
12-22-2005, 11:06 PM
There is so much wrong with that I don't even know where to begin.

While I can't say I like the new battle system better than the old one, it gets rid of random encounters, and so therefore I love it. Perhaps with more practice it will get easier to use, though.

Dignified Pauper
12-23-2005, 02:51 AM
From the demo, you can't conclude crap. This game is like single player FFXI. The summon system sucks. The battles are okay, but nothing spectacular. I just hope the story is good.

however, giant t-rex to ride around on is pretty sweet...... Yes, there's a giant T-Rex. No, you don't actually get to ride him. But it'd be sweet.

Hinky the Pickle
12-23-2005, 03:31 PM
I agree with Dignified Pauper, I really didn't get much out of that demo. I've never been a big fan of MMORPGs, or offline games that try to be MMORPGs, so I just hope there's a fun customization system and an interesting story to go along with this.

Super Christ
12-23-2005, 08:58 PM
I'm sure there'll be a great story and an awesome villian. Every third one in the series gets preferential treatment in that area.

Ultima_Weapon
12-23-2005, 09:15 PM
I'm sure there'll be a great story and an awesome villian. Every third one in the series gets preferential treatment in that area.

Yeah I agree, some people just don't want change but this is a great step towards RPG games in the future. IF you don't like this game and keep complaining about it than just don't get it and go for other types.

Ouch!
12-23-2005, 10:57 PM
When I really started to get information for FFXII, it seemed to me that FFXII had the potential to be one of the best--if not the best--Final Fantasy titles ever. I'm one of the weird few that hands that award to Final Fantasy IX, so my tastes seem to differ from the masses.

That aside, I'm psyched about this game. This is definitely my most anticipated game for the past two or three years (topping Kingdom Hearts 2, which is a big thing for me at least). I should be getting Dragon Quest VIII for Christmas, so that demo will be mine soon. All I have to do is wait just a little longer. I'm so freakin' excited. =D

TurkSlayer
12-23-2005, 11:03 PM
I bought DQVIII weekend before last (Which I can't seem to put down) and I must say I was HIGHLY impressed by FFXII. It looks like its going to be fantastic. The graphics are beautiful and the battle system was pretty nice. I liked the summons a lot, I was just annoyed that I can no longer summon several of them within a short period of time.

9/10 on the demo, now we just have to wait for the real thing. *Sits and waits.... And plays DQ*

Miriel
12-24-2005, 02:42 AM
I just finished going through the demo and honestly, I was a little underwhelmed by it. I dunno, it just didn't do anything for me.

crashNUMBERS
12-25-2005, 01:14 AM
I haven't played the demo but I always had a feeling that it would be my favorite FF game...

Ouch!
12-27-2005, 08:52 PM
Got DQVIII. Just played the demo maybe an hour ago. Freakin' amazing is really all I can say to describe it. I want FFXII now.

Dignified Pauper
12-29-2005, 08:37 PM
When I really started to get information for FFXII, it seemed to me that FFXII had the potential to be one of the best--if not the best--Final Fantasy titles ever. I'm one of the weird few that hands that award to Final Fantasy IX, so my tastes seem to differ from the masses.

That aside, I'm psyched about this game. This is definitely my most anticipated game for the past two or three years (topping Kingdom Hearts 2, which is a big thing for me at least). I should be getting Dragon Quest VIII for Christmas, so that demo will be mine soon. All I have to do is wait just a little longer. I'm so freakin' excited. =D

I agree, only I hold FFVI over FFIX.

Jessweeee♪
12-29-2005, 10:34 PM
hmm...i wonder how many people bought DQVIII just for the demo.

I haven't played it yet but from what I've seen, the graphics look good, but i'm not so sure about the storyline. Then again they ALL sound boring until you get to the part the intro doesn't mention.

Lord Xehanort
12-29-2005, 11:30 PM
As long as it is better that X-2, I'll be happy.

Dignified Pauper
01-02-2006, 02:45 AM
What isn't better than X-2?

chionos
01-02-2006, 05:59 AM
i pretty much bought dqviii for the ffxii demo. <3 the demo, but it really leaves you wanting more.
kinda weirded out by the espers a bit, they're not traditional summons, mutant monsters, siamese twins...kinda weird. but i liked it nonetheless. just wish i had more control over the espers.

FFXII =
FFXI battle system
FFX graphics
FFT music/story
i'm generalizing but it's true

honestly though, while i'm even more hyped than ever now about ffxii, the best part about the demo is not the demo. w/out the demo i would have never bought dqviii. dqviii is awesome. graphics match the gameplay so well. voice acting while not perfect is pretty good for an rpg. music is great. i'm enjoying the skillpoint system so far, but i'm only lvl 10, haven't even really gotten into it yet. all-in-all dqviii really makes up for the hideous dqvii, which i still haven't been able to force myself to finish, bc of the utter boredom that overcomes me when i start it up. bundling ffxii demo in the game screams "buy me" desparately, but i don't think they needed to resort to such a marketing hook, dqviii is a great game. go buy it
now

Rogue
01-03-2006, 06:48 AM
i played the demo and loved it i cant wait for this game my fav character wil probley be basch he looks awsome man i cant wait and i cant wait for kh2 either

Dignified Pauper
01-03-2006, 07:19 AM
i pretty much bought dqviii for the ffxii demo. <3 the demo, but it really leaves you wanting more.
kinda weirded out by the espers a bit, they're not traditional summons, mutant monsters, siamese twins...kinda weird. but i liked it nonetheless. just wish i had more control over the espers.

FFXII =
FFXI battle system
FFX graphics
FFT music/story
i'm generalizing but it's true

honestly though, while i'm even more hyped than ever now about ffxii, the best part about the demo is not the demo. w/out the demo i would have never bought dqviii. dqviii is awesome. graphics match the gameplay so well. voice acting while not perfect is pretty good for an rpg. music is great. i'm enjoying the skillpoint system so far, but i'm only lvl 10, haven't even really gotten into it yet. all-in-all dqviii really makes up for the hideous dqvii, which i still haven't been able to force myself to finish, bc of the utter boredom that overcomes me when i start it up. bundling ffxii demo in the game screams "buy me" desparately, but i don't think they needed to resort to such a marketing hook, dqviii is a great game. go buy it
now

Why would you buy a 50 dollar game solely for the demo... At least you know there's a game that is way better than any final fantasy.

Setzer Gabianni
01-03-2006, 01:08 PM
What isn't better than X-2?

FFCC.

It looks good, but until I actually play the game in full...well, I can't really say much else.

FFXII looks ok, let's hope the love story isn't a major issue.

Dignified Pauper
01-03-2006, 03:55 PM
considering that it isn't a love story will make the story that much better. No more sappy melodrama.

chionos
01-06-2006, 02:37 AM
Why would you buy a 50 dollar game solely for the demo... At least you know there's a game that is way better than any final fantasy.
Because i'm a nut-job.
And I never said DQVIII was better than -any- Final Fantasy. I still would take any final fantasy game over any dragon quest game. FFXI is the best game I've ever played. FFVI is the best non-mmorpg i've ever played, and I have a feeling that FFXII will change my opinion of that.
All I said is that the game, DQVIII, was better than the FFXII -demo-

and sappy melodrama is woven into the very fabric of Final Fantasy existance.

Dignified Pauper
01-11-2006, 01:50 AM
No, it will be for PS2

ebay

?????
01-11-2006, 09:39 AM
The character models could use a LOT of work, and the battle system wasn't all that spectacular. Probably the element that stood out the most to me was the summon system. How can you not like someone whose main attack is called Roxxor?

As far as the love story and "emos" go, EVERY Final Fantasy has featured emos, and every Final Fantasy since II has featured some kind of love story. It's about time for something different.

Lychon
01-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Better than Final Fantasy VII and VIII? I don't know, it's got to pretty much be GOD-LIKE to be better than those two. I'll know for sure when I here "GOD-LIKE!!" resonate from some unknown source when I open the Final Fantasy XII packaging. Just like when I opened the Final Fantasy VIII package and a voice out of nowhere bellowed "EXCELLENT!!"

Yeah, I know, I play way too much mortal kombat, lol.

Styrofoam
01-14-2006, 11:02 PM
I have only saw a short video of FFXII that I downloaded on Limewire... it only had movie scens though, so I cant really judge the battle system or anything yet, but it was a great video though none the less. Kinda nervous about this battle system though because I have herd some people say that it looks/is lame. =|

Dignified Pauper
01-14-2006, 11:28 PM
I'm positive this will be one of the better Final Fantasy's. I would say that I will probably like the story more than FFVII-XI, but I don't think it will have anything on VI.

chionos
01-15-2006, 12:43 AM
It will be hard for most people to acclimate to the battle system(though a lot easier for ffxi vets) but i think the negation of random battles will grow on most people. We all know that people are gonna scream "It's not FINAL FANTASY" bc it's not a photo-copy of FFVII or FFVI(though I wouldn't complain about a copy of the BEST GAME OF ALL TIME) but hopefully I, and everyone else, can play the game without expectations. If I expect the game to be a certain way, then it turns out to be different, even if it's a great game my feeble brain will still be some-what dissapointed. Enjoy the game not bc it's the next in a long series of awesome games, but because it's an awesome game in and of itself(if it does indeed turn out to be awesome).