PDA

View Full Version : [A] Memoirs of a Geisha Vector

Miriel
11-23-2005, 07:59 PM
Spent about 2 hours on this. Most of that time I was working on the eyes and the mouth and then...then I got lazy with the hair and all the rest. It's probably noticeable that I rushed through everything else.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/MoaG.png

Reference image (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/4401_1.jpg).

Shoeberto
11-23-2005, 08:04 PM
Very nice.

Luara
11-23-2005, 08:12 PM
cool... you're an artist!!

Rye
11-23-2005, 08:25 PM
That's beautiful! I really wanna see that movie and I love the cover for it, the one you used to make the vector, it's beautiful.

Jess
11-23-2005, 09:07 PM
Wow, thats real good. I think the whole thing is amazing. ^_^
I wish I could do vector art. ;o

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-23-2005, 09:17 PM
Wow, thats real good. I think the whole thing is amazing. ^_^
I wish I could do vector art. ;o
Me too ^^

assemblage
11-24-2005, 12:04 AM
maaan, that's really good!! if i could do that, i'd be running around these forums screaming and showing off, totally. but i agree with Rye...excitement for that movie is overwhelming! i've read the book a few times and...wow. good stuff. anywho...good job!! ^___^

SummonerYuna
11-24-2005, 12:22 AM
OMG! That is totally awsome! You've got skills. I just have to see that movie! lol!:D

ffxfreak93
11-24-2005, 02:07 AM
OMG! That is totally awsome! You've got skills. I just have to see that movie! lol!:D

*agrees*

fire_of_avalon
11-24-2005, 02:26 AM
I didn't know you did artwork :O

This is very nice, from what I've seen of vector art (which isn't a whole lot, and I sure as heck can't do it. My artistic inclination ends with observation xD). The only thing that stands out to me as a negative are the lower lines of her eyes. With no lashline, her eyes just kind of fade into her face. Or course, that could be my screen being stupid.

I really do love how you captured the expression. That photo just makes me shiver. I can't wait to see this movie.

DK
11-24-2005, 02:31 AM
It is a really nice picture, as has been said. However, you'll have to excuse my extreme nubletness, but what is vector art?

Miriel
11-24-2005, 02:44 AM
I didn't know you did artwork :O

This is very nice, from what I've seen of vector art (which isn't a whole lot, and I sure as heck can't do it. My artistic inclination ends with observation xD). The only thing that stands out to me as a negative are the lower lines of her eyes. With no lashline, her eyes just kind of fade into her face. Or course, that could be my screen being stupid.

I really do love how you captured the expression. That photo just makes me shiver. I can't wait to see this movie.
Art is my forte. :)

Yeah, I was too lazy to do eyelashes or even bother to finish off the rest of the eyes. The eyeballs took too much time so I didn't like doing anything else. :P

I had a Vector thread (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63424) a few months ago and I think I've improved since then. But the hair still kills me and I doubt I'll ever develop enough patience to do hair properly. Lips are by far my favorite things to vector.

It is a really nice picture, as has been said. However, you'll have to excuse my extreme nubletness, but what is vector art?

Vector art is basically a style of digital art that uses coordinates and lines in order to create shapes and images. Most people either use Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop to create these vector images.

boris no no
11-24-2005, 10:37 AM
*wishes she could do that*
thats so awesome! :D

KoShiatar
11-24-2005, 03:59 PM
It's a really nice work. I never tried anything with vector art so far.