PDA

View Full Version : Korn...

xtreme112
11-23-2005, 11:21 PM
What happened to these guys!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I heard their song twister transistor a while ago and i almost died of depression

THEY TURNED POP!!!!!!!!!!!

That song was a complete disgrace to their freaky death rock roots, they're old stuff was gold! (album: follow the leader, best album I've ever bought) and now look at them!?
So was that a one off song, or have they permanently turned pop/dance?

discuss...

Venom
11-24-2005, 12:18 AM
They probably just tried something new, but the then again lots of bands do things for money

Sare
11-24-2005, 10:18 AM
They get older and their music gets softer. I've liked korn for...kah I don't know, years.
I noticed the same thing, this new song is more pop that ever. But then again, listening to their older records, I at least, noticed that they're a bit more pop every year.

But intsead of getting angry because of this change I listened to the song for few times and came to the conclusion that I still actually quite like it.

Shadowflare
11-24-2005, 05:09 PM
xtreme112, I totally agree. However, I'm thinking (hoping) that this is an an exception, and not the new rule for Korn. They'll be at the Myth here in Maplewood, Minnesota rather soon, and from what I've seen thus far, they'll be playing mostly older stuff, indicating at least to me, that they're not trying to move in a new direction or distance themselves from their roots. I wouldn't worry.

Dreddz
11-24-2005, 05:26 PM
geez, anything was better than what they were singing ......

xtreme112
11-30-2005, 12:16 AM
geez, anything was better than what they were singing ......

thats a lie and you know it!

Yeah maybe it is just a phase, I'll have to keep my eye on them lol

Jack
11-30-2005, 12:35 AM
Personally, Korn have always been bad. Perhaps Pop may do them some good. Can't get much worse...

And why is pop bad? Maybe it's better that the band expands out of it's limited (and ultimatly self-destructive) genre and tried something new. The bands that have the biggest impact of music are the ones that were innotive and didn't peddle the same rubbish out every album. hell, even Girls Aloud are more innotive then Korn have been (Compare No Good Advice to Biology) in the past...

Dolentrean
11-30-2005, 03:52 AM
Its a musical preference, I personally despise pop music with a passion and love metal and all that other underground music, others love mainstream, I cant say I’m fond of it but I don’t go calling it crap every 5 minuets, I do think pop music is crap and hated that korn song, there old stuff was great.

But many bands sample new stuff for a time (look at powerman 5000). The thing is bands, writers, painters or any other type of artists sample and try new things, even if only for the fact that they are board of there current style. There is a possibility they are making a switch to a different type of music, but my guess is they tried something new for the sake of trying something new, even though I do not like there newer stuff.

DMKA
11-30-2005, 04:17 AM
I used to be all into them, although, after seeing someone's KoRn possessions, I'd no longer call myself a true former fan.

kikimm
11-30-2005, 05:10 AM
I don't mind that song, but the video. The video is horrible.

But I don't really have any problems if this is their new direction, or if they're going in one, whatever. Yeah I just don't care at all. I'm not as big of a fan now as I used to be.