PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good leveling place on 1st disc

Mythra
11-24-2005, 02:57 AM
Right now I'm about to enter the temple of the ancients and my main party are all lvl. 35. I was just wondering is there a good place to level on the first disc, even if my levels are sufficient to beat the first disc, I would still like to know a good to place to level on the first disc if any. Like always, any help would be appreciated :)

boys from the dwarf
11-24-2005, 06:53 AM
in the room where you fight the red dragon and get the bahamut materia or a room near it(i forgot.) there are monster who appear that arent perticularly strong but after winning a battle the average amount of EXP gained is 1500-2000.

Aurora_sword
11-24-2005, 03:17 PM
The Swamp in front of mithril cave of course, fight midgar zoloms with the famous turbo stick cheat

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-24-2005, 08:07 PM
or u can use the limit trick in mythril mine. the enemies rn't particularly strong but after getting all the limits u will hav gained about 10 lvs on each character n got around 100,000 gil

chronic_Maniac
12-07-2005, 03:41 PM
If you got the tiny bronco you can go to the south continent and find a place to park, but you can't reach the mideel yet. All you can do is find the one place in the area that has a green patch nearby. Only on the green patch is the head hunters. They give respectable amount of exp and ap through out the game. Have long range equip on cloud and put berserk rings on all your characters if you get tired of fighting manurally. I haven't found a place on the green patch that makes cloud run back and forth from a glitch. So even with a turbo controler you can't leave your room and fight automatically cause you have to run around and start the fights. This is the best place on the world map to level up with aeris.

If you only got the car ( i forget what it's called) your best chance is the midgar zolum. The snake by the chocobo farm. Which if you got a turbo controler you can tape down the ok button and let it flow. The snake will come to you. Just make sure you it's an easy victory when you leave the room. elemental-fire will come in handy here when combined in your armor.

Sephitachi7
12-07-2005, 09:00 PM
In Junon, the place where the soldiers are practicing. Right beside them there is a red box. Press ok and the alarm will go off. This will trigger some monsters to come out. These give you pretty good EXP, AP, and Gil. I heard you aren't supposed to fight them until the 2nd disc.

Randgris
12-11-2005, 09:50 AM
If you got the tiny bronco you can go to the south continent and find a place to park, but you can't reach the mideel yet. All you can do is find the one place in the area that has a green patch nearby. Only on the green patch is the head hunters. They give respectable amount of exp and ap through out the game. Have long range equip on cloud and put berserk rings on all your characters if you get tired of fighting manurally. I haven't found a place on the green patch that makes cloud run back and forth from a glitch. So even with a turbo controler you can't leave your room and fight automatically cause you have to run around and start the fights. This is the best place on the world map to level up with aeris.

That place is one of the fastest place to level up. If you go to the darker patch though the enemies are also tough, plus you can steal X-Potions from them.

Deathchant
12-15-2005, 05:35 PM
In disc 1 you can go to Wutai. Most of the time when you encounter an enemy, you will be battling at least 3 enemies at 1 battle. These are the birds which cast Bolt2. Equip yourself with a dragon armlet (the one you gain at Mt. Nibel). It will drain its bolt attacks instead of hurting you. I did not need all this equipment, because I was level 45 already at that point.

Sometimes you get 5 enemies: 3 "thunderbirds" (LOL) and 2 mosquito lookalikes. You will get 200AP.

I am on disc2 already with all party members raised to level 70, alle limit breaks (except the one of vincent, but I am breeding chocobo's now. Afterwards, i'll continue my journey with the huge materia quest in Sunken gelinka). Mideel area is defenitely the best place to gain AP for your materia and level up. Just wander around and you'll encounter 3 or 4 green thingies, called headhunters. When 4, you'll receive 320AP. I equipped Cloud with the Rune Blade and Rune Armlet. Both double materia growth.

Here another valuable tip: to gain limit breaks (for which you have to kill a lot of enemies in order to go the next level) equip that person with the cover and counter attack materia and master them. Every time the enemey attacks, the person with these materia will allways cover (therebye gaining limit gauge so your character can use his limit more often) and since he is the one that gets attacked, he will do a counterattack every single time (usefull when you need to kill a lot of enemies in order to obtain the next limit level). In fact, that person will dominate the battle, as long as your other 2 characters keep healing him of course :)

Randgris
12-16-2005, 02:57 AM
For even Faster Limit breaks at Disc one, Have Aeris learn her Fury Brand, equip her with Cover, everyone with Peace rings/Fury rings and use hyper on everyone. Go to the forests in Junon and fight Capparwires (those plant-looking things). They aren't all that har but if you're not careful all of your characters may die (You are in Fury ststus thus damage taken by everyone is greatly increased).

Ronald McDonald
12-17-2005, 02:09 AM
The way I did it was at first before I left for the second continent I got all the limit breaks for the characters I had. For the rest I went back into Mt. Nibel, I guess it's called, after Rocket Town. I was mostly aiming to get all the limit breaks (Manipulating the large dragon critter to attack one specific character and fill up the limit bar and Trine-ing the groups of 5 things that would appear--possibly bats or celeries)---however, I got mad experience and my Cloud was Lvl. 56 after I got Omnislash at Gold Saucer soon-thereafter.

EDIT: I'm no expert though and this is basically my second play-through. Thus, I don't really know the BEST way of doing it, but this is what I ended up doing. Also, at Mt. Nibel I got so much AP trying to get the limit levels up--and Mastered many a Materia. I think the benefits of getting limits fighting tougher enemies are greater in that other things like Exp. and AP are gained. Also, the reason I picked Mt. Nibel was because there were enemies that appeared in groups of 5 and a giant powerful dragon that could be Manipulated to do a lot of damage to one character.

EDIT2: Also, note that this is disk 1 I am talking about, before Temple of the Ancients.

FutureEmperor
12-17-2005, 08:25 AM
In order to get limit levels i found the forest near junon very good, the two groups of enemies there came in at least groups of 3 (good for kill #,) But thier attacks generate enough limit bar early in the game (i.e. level 28ish) that you can get your other limits as well. in game terms all my characters are level 35 with all limits learned (except the ones that need the manual), and im still at the golden saucer. (before going to cosmo canyon)