PDA

View Full Version : Ansem verses Sephiroth

Ansem/Sephy
11-24-2005, 05:05 AM
I cannot count how many times I have seen this thread. But I want to see what you have to say on the matter . . . IMO, Ansem is by-far the best villain ever, followed by:

2. Sephiroth ( maybe Kefka)
3. Presidents Shinra ( notice the 's')
4. Riku

I want to see the full-potential of both characters realised. Meaning: Sephiroth's Solar Flare, Sin Harvest, etc. Ansem's Submit, Power over the Heartless, etc. I would also like to see: Motivations and beliefs expanded like Sephiroth's misanthropic views, and Ansem's search for godliness ( omnipotence and omniscience). As for whatever you consider their most redeaming qualities. It seemed that of the two, Sephiroth acted with more humanity. It is clear that what led to Sephiroth's mental breakdown was enevitable. He thought of himself as an abomination, but not to the degree of Cloud's ancestors. Ansem, on the other hand, began to desire knowledge and so he studied the Heart as well as Darkness and their connection. After choosing test-subjects, he experimented upon their Hearts, but to little avail. He confined their lifeless bodies beneath his castle. Once he realised what he had created, he began to spawn the Heartless artificially. His lust for power began with his embracement of the world's Energy Core. Take in each's power in the games they have been in. This does include CoM for Ansem, in which, he was, yes, rather difficult. And KH and VII for Sephiroth.

And for heavens sake, think of DiZ as well as Ansem, who looks like an amazing character. I have spoken to people who could not stand Ansem only for the fact that his initial battles were less than challenging. They all expect the same amazing comeback from DiZ as I do.

Vyk
11-24-2005, 09:15 AM
Riku becomes a bad guy eh?

Psydekick
11-24-2005, 03:37 PM
Sephy rules ansem drools end of story.

RaidenWeb17
11-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Sephy rules ansem drools end of story.
right-o!!

KH1992
11-24-2005, 10:29 PM
Ansem talks waay too much! Any time you start the batte with him, you have to listen to him monologue for 15 minutes! At least Sephiroth doesn't talk... Sephiroth is more challenging anyway... I'd vote for Sephy any day!

vampirepiggyhunter7
11-25-2005, 06:20 PM
Sephiroth

Psydekick
11-25-2005, 06:35 PM
Ansem when he attacks goes "Blah blah blah darkness blah blah blah open your heart....."and so on, where as sephy "Sin harvest" or just "huh"

KH1992
11-25-2005, 06:48 PM
If only Ansem could shut his trap....

Ansem/Sephy
11-25-2005, 07:17 PM
Ansem sounds so freaking KOOL! So does Sephiroth, don't care who does his voice, yes, I know who it is . . . But, Ansem still sounds kooler, how can people think it's a bad quality? Not to maention, Ansem did conquer countless worlds with his army, remember? One of which was Hollow Bastion, which, at the time, was inhabited by: Cloud, Squall, Aerith, Yuffie AND Sephiroth! And yet, it was still consumed by Darkness, Squall even said he could not stop it and he and the others fled with Cid on his ship. Cloud was left behind and fond his way to OC. C'mon, if the FF dudes had the power to conquer Ansem, they would have started their own quest like in VII and VIII. But, they didn't. Squall was ashamed so much that he change his name! Sorry, but as Tetsuya Nomuru said, Ansem adds complexity. And represents the series as well as Sephiroth did in VII. In CoM, he had a whole little cult, and was deeply admired by Axel, obviously from his quote, He (Sora) became a Heartless, but kept the memories of who he was. Only one other person has ever done that (Ansem) . . .

Sorry, it does bug me when people put down Sephiroth, but it bugs me just as much when they do it to Ansem . . .

?????
11-25-2005, 07:29 PM
What you're forgetting is that Kingdom Hearts is non-canon with regards to the Final Fantasy characters. Bring in the REAL Cloud, Squall, Cid and the others, not the wussified Kingdom Hearts versions, and they'd have no trouble making Ansem drink his own piss.

KH1992
11-25-2005, 07:57 PM
Ansem's voice itself is ok... but when u want to beat on hom really bad... you just don't want to sit there and listen to him talk...

Omni-Odin
11-25-2005, 08:40 PM
It definitely depends in my opinion. In Final Fantasy VII, Sephy was a badass, but I could beat him with my controller behind my back. In KH, Ansem was more difficult, but Sephy in that game was just impossible. Overall, if I it wasn't for the fact that Ansem talks so much, I picked Sephy. (As a side note, I hate when I lose and then I have to listen to ten more minutes of Ansem because you can't skip cut scenes.

KH1992
11-25-2005, 08:55 PM
that's one of the only ways the game could improve... skip those stupid cutscenes...

RaidenWeb17
11-25-2005, 11:36 PM
What you're forgetting is that Kingdom Hearts is non-canon with regards to the Final Fantasy characters. Bring in the REAL Cloud, Squall, Cid and the others, not the wussified Kingdom Hearts versions, and they'd have no trouble making Ansem drink his own piss.
uhhhh....how about a tea bag??? That happed at my school recently to this stupid kid from another school

KH1992
11-25-2005, 11:38 PM
nice to know...

RaidenWeb17
11-26-2005, 06:01 PM
nice to know...
anytime....except on Tuesdays

Vaprice
11-27-2005, 01:08 AM
You have totally forgotten that there's just more villains out there that are better than Sephiroth or the FF series main villains.

Sephiorth from your list is the best. Why you may be asking yourself right now? I'll tell you why. Because he is an exceptionally skilled fighter. Plus his magic force is extravigantly better than any other off of your list.

Ansem was easy to beat, extremely easy to beat. Rikku, was a whimp compared to the rest on your list. Sure he looks cool, but you really need to figure out that he's just not as powerful as the rest of the main villains.

See in order to pick a good villain you gotta think of statistics not just how badd ass they are.

RaidenWeb17
11-27-2005, 03:22 AM
You have totally forgotten that there's just more villains out there that are better than Sephiroth or the FF series main villains.

Sephiorth from your list is the best. Why you may be asking yourself right now? I'll tell you why. Because he is an exceptionally skilled fighter. Plus his magic force is extravigantly better than any other off of your list.

Ansem was easy to beat, extremely easy to beat. Rikku, was a whimp compared to the rest on your list. Sure he looks cool, but you really need to figure out that he's just not as powerful as the rest of the main villains.

See in order to pick a good villain you gotta think of statistics not just how badd ass they are.
Uhhh Sephy is pretty easy but Ansem is way easier, although they both beat me on my first try.

Ansem/Sephy
11-27-2005, 05:17 AM
Sorry, guess you're right! As for HP, Sephy had a little more than Ansem's Final Form. And, in strength, Sephy's was 46, Ansem, 40. Although in his Final Form, Ansem did deal more damage in one hit . . . how odd. Sorry if I've sounded stuborn. I have a lot of idiot friends who put Sephiroth down. Don't think I don't go all-out for him, too.

1. "This world has been connected. Tied by the darkness. Soon to be completely eclipsed. There is so very much to know. You understand so little. One who knows nothing can understand nothing . . ."
--Ansem
2. "Only death awaits you all. But do not fear. For it is through death that a new spirit energy is born. Soon, you will live again as a part of me." --Sephiroth

Just some of my favs.

Ansem/Sephy
11-27-2005, 05:58 AM
Sorry, I wanted to see if my avatar would appear . . . yay!

Super856
12-09-2005, 08:58 AM
I haven't played FFVII yet, might soon but it doesn't loook all that good... so I'm rating by personality in KH. Easily Ansem wins, Sephiroth held no personality while Ansem did. While Sephiroth had great strength Ansem posed a serious threat. I could go on but I won't be bothered. Besides Ansem is a cool character and I especially like the:

"This world has been connected. Tied by the darkness. Soon to be completely eclipsed. There is so very much to know. You understand so little. One who knows nothing can understand nothing. A meaningless effort."

That line just puts all the personality into Ansem. While what Sephy (who was a wimp in KH, hope he is better in VII) said was just his moves, and he was useless like Squall when their world was destroyed.

So I say Ansem is definetely much more cool. Those who said Spehiroth haven't given any reasons (those who did had bad ones). So I'd like to hear you explain.

Sephitachi7
12-10-2005, 04:12 AM
I hate that! Oh Sephiroth was so easy... blah blah blah. Everyone knows the first time you fought him you got destroyed! Like the following 5 times. Sure I could kick Sephiroth's ass now that I know all his moves and know what he is going to do next, but I got my ass kicked badly the first few times. Just like everyone else. So don't say he was easy because he wasn't.

Just like emerald and ruby, they are easy after you know how to beat them but the first ten times everyone gets their asses kicked.

In synthesis, Sephiroth was hard! So please do not say he was easy, when the only way you could beat him was at level 100 with the ultima keychain. And yeah I beat him at level 74 without the ultima weapon. I'm just saying DON'T SAY HE WAS EASY cuz everyone knows he wasn't.

Ansem/Sephy
12-10-2005, 05:48 AM
WTH?! FFVII was the best game ever! And, yeah, I did get beat bad by Sephiroth my first try, but after figuring out equipment, it didn't take long. As for Sephiroth, his role in FFVII was amazing. It was somewhat frightening. But, even though Sephiroth, in VII, wanted to be a God and conquer the Planet, how different is that than Ansem's plan to become all-knowing and all-powerful, as well as to conquer the universe? Not very. Plus, Ansem wasn't ever sure about what entity to put his faith into, so he tried darkness and loved the power. He became engulfed in it and was a little preachy about it . . . but all villains are. Personally, I like them both. What I don't like about Ansem's role is this: in KHI, he was a late addition, so didn't make an appearance, significant to the story, until the end of HB. Even though he's confirmed as returning, I think he'll appear later in the game, just not AS late as b4. The problem there is: Sephiroth made an appearance all through VII and it gave him a greater role; Ansem, in I, didn't. In KHII I am confident of this: first, Ansem will appear more often and he will be a lot harder. Since there are pics of him in the Org. XIII coat, I think it's safe to say his role is growing. And KHI was aimed at an audience around 8-12, maybe, and yet their real age group is about 12-20. That's pretty good, SE deserves some credit. So, with the complaints about the level of difficulty in Ansem's final battles and the extended age group, I expect a more dark, mature, challenging game.

Anniexo
12-12-2005, 08:23 PM
ansem is well easy you just have to keep you hp up sephieoth is herder and if you loes to ansem you don't have to go back far to fight him again (and killing ansem have a better ending)

RaidenWeb17
12-13-2005, 01:24 AM
I haven't played FFVII yet,
you really need to play FF7 before you diss Sephy.

Anniexo
12-16-2005, 10:57 PM
you really need to play FF7 before you diss Sephy.

ya cus he could kick ansems ass in under a minute

Parry766
12-25-2005, 05:02 AM
Sephiroth kicked my buttocks the first time I faced him. I was level 70 top of the world, and I had read that I could fight him, so I did. three hits and five seconds later I was dead. My jaw hit the floor the paddle fell to my knees, thank god my cousin was there to tell me what happened. Then when your fighting Sephiroth you think all is well then BOOM! All is not well! "where'd my HP go, I had a full bar man,". Sephiroth wins. I'm level one hundred and when I fight him I lose occasionally. End of discusion.