PDA

View Full Version : Presents

ZuZu
11-24-2005, 06:42 AM
Why in hell you should give a usual birthday present to your friend when you can give to him/her something different? So not teddy bears or nice sweater.

Odd presents what you have given to somebody and what she/he liked it?

Well, one year I gave to my friend a card "Happy Birthday on your seventies" and she almost liked it :cool: Next Christmas I'm gonna buy her a whip :joey: Don't wanna know what she gonna do with it but I'm sure she will like it.

Have to mention that last Christmas dad bought me a little motorcycle toy, because I have talked about own motorcycle :shifty: and yes I'm driving with it everyday :cool:

Marshall Banana
11-24-2005, 06:55 AM
I bought a boy I was dating at the time a pair of Spongebob Squarepants boxers for Valentine's day. I don't remember why.

Vyk
11-24-2005, 08:32 AM
Because you wanted to take them back? At the right moment of course

Unfortunately it's rare that I buy gifts. Let alone gag-gifts.

Mo-Nercy
11-24-2005, 09:06 AM
I'm going to try making my own cards. I have a book on strange decorative origami which turns a normal piece of cardboard into a work of art.

As for the present themselves, I normally get something big and huggable for girls. I don't recall ever having gotton a present for a guy except my dad. And I just give him a tonne of lottery tickets.

Sare
11-24-2005, 10:09 AM
Me and my friend bought boxers and sew pieces of fabric on them. The fabric pieces had flowers. It took us several hours, but in the end they turned out..very..nice. Yes.
They were for a boy that my friend was in a relationship with, at that time.
He actually liked them and has worn them.

nik0tine
11-24-2005, 10:11 AM
I gave my best friend a fire truck for Christmas during out freshman year of highschool.

Anaisa
11-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Me and my brother find it highly amusing to point out really crappy but amusing items and say"thats what you want for christmas" Or , "thats what your going to be getting for your birthday". The thing is if me and my brother actually had the money we would actually buy these crappy gifts and wrap them up and present them to each other on these occasions or on random occasions, because it would just be so amusing. My brother sent me a text about a week ago saying ive just seen something you'd like for christmas do you want us(him and my dad) to get it? It would be hilarious if he actually got me one of those silly gifts and pretended that was the gift they bought that they thought id like. And me and my mother were in a gift shop which had these weird naked wooden statues in, and decided that if we had the money to throw around we'd actually give everyone we know one just to see there reaction when they opened it. And we'd be deadly serious about it when we gave it to people it would be highly inappropriate to give one to(altho in my opinion unless it is for a laugh its highly inappropriate to present anyone with something so crap) and laugh to ourselves as they tried to pretend they liked it. Its always amusing to give people really rubbish presents so you can laugh as they pretend they actually like it so as not to offend you.:kaolaugh: I remember my sister one year was exchanging presents with her freinds at school and my sister used to get there presents first and either open them to see what they were so she knew how good a gift she should get them! Or just guessed by looking at the present and feeling it to guess what it was or how much it was worth! One of her freinds was quite well off but presented my sister with a small egg shaped looking present and was told to be careful with it as it was breakable. My sister assumed since the girl had quite a bit of money that the gift was bound to be good. And kept acting as if it was really precious reminding us all that it was breakable, even when we weren't in the same room with it. In the end tho she couldn't decide what gift to get the girl without opening the present and invited me to come and see her open the glorious gift. When this present was finally revealed it was an old looking ornament of what looked like the female version of humpty dumpty. I burst out laughing and invited my brother to come and join in. My sister usually rewrapped the gifts when she had opened them, and reopened them on christmas day, :confused: But to this present she said "Im not even going to rewrap that!, im sure I saw that in the window of oxfam, all she'll be getting from me is a packet of funsize sweets, and she'll be lucky to get that"!:mad2:

The Filecreator
11-24-2005, 12:40 PM
Aniasa is a creul gal....
but she got a great sense of humor!

SammieBabe
11-24-2005, 12:58 PM
My stepmother collects pigs. So while walking through a fetish shop once(don't ask), I noticed they had inflatable pig....friends :shifty:
Guess what she opened Christmas morning....

Anaisa
11-24-2005, 01:25 PM
Aniasa is a creul gal....
but she got a great sense of humor!
:D And what was an inflatable pig doing in a fetish shop?:confused:

Loony BoB
11-24-2005, 01:26 PM
The most effort I put into a present was the pig-in-a-cage I gave Nicky. :)

EDIT: And the Make-It-Yourself Spongebob toy I gave Stuballs, now that I think about it. It included a yellow sponge, some straws and a vivid. :D Possibly some cardboard, too, for pants. I forget if I did that or not.

Denmark
11-24-2005, 01:27 PM
:Oo:

I have given my online friends pictures relevant to their interests that have been MS Painted to have their name on them and the words "Happy Birthday".

ScottNUMBERS
11-24-2005, 01:33 PM
I got my mum a cake that said "Fifty-one today!" whats so weird about that? you might ask, well she's only 35.

I slept outside that night. :(

Psychotic
11-24-2005, 01:34 PM
I have given my online friends pictures relevant to their interests that have been MS Painted to have their name on them and the words "Happy Birthday".I still have the birthday pie on my computer, and I were posting this post from said computer, I would attach it. :love:

Denmark
11-24-2005, 01:41 PM
I don't still have it, as far as I can find. :(

Zeldy
11-24-2005, 09:11 PM
I wrapped my friend who's my age's present in paper that said "Happy Birthday O' Anchient one" Thats about as wierd as ive gone :(

Xaven
11-24-2005, 09:26 PM
I gave my bestest friend at the time a card that said, "To a little girl..." He was 12. I think that's it.

Yooniece
11-26-2005, 07:43 AM
Last year, I gave my boyfriend all the Studio Ghibli movies and a 10-foot panoramic photograph of the Highway 9 mountains in Santa Cruz. The panoramic picture took me forever to make... I had to take my Nikon up on 4 different occasions and fiddle with dozens of different filters to get the effect I wanted... and when I finally had a good set, it took me another week to perfectly graft 50+ digital images together seamlessly and get it professionally printed. I went through all the effort because the road was our special place... we'd always go for drives up there at 2 in the morning and drift around all the curves. =)

Lol, and this year for my mother's birthday, I gave her a ruby necklace... wrapped up as a coffin (she likes to joke that she's so old, she resembles a walking corpse) with a tombstone card. She laughed until she cried.