PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving!

Casey
11-24-2005, 09:31 AM
Eat lots of turkey, and be thankful for whatever you got! What are you all thankful for?

Mo-Nercy
11-24-2005, 09:46 AM
Whore cheerleaders.

(That's right, I'm in Australia and I watch Letterman.)

Seriously now, because I'm Australian, I guess I don't have to be thankful for anything. Yay.

Denmark
11-24-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm thankful for Mo-Nercy being Australian (means more turkey for me)

Rye
11-24-2005, 02:06 PM
Having a good life, good friends, an awesome boyfriend, being relatively healthy (I say this because I have a cold right now xD) and being happy. :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/ryechu2u/0turkeyday.jpg

RSL
11-24-2005, 02:14 PM
Right now I'm thankful for a few days off from work!

SammieBabe
11-24-2005, 02:25 PM
I'm thankful that I have a great family,great job and life is good.

Resha
11-24-2005, 02:34 PM
I'm grateful for life and everything in it. Because, y'know, it rocks. Most of the time.

FFGuevara
11-24-2005, 02:34 PM
Hope your turkey and canned yams were worth the 120 millions Indians you killed for them.

Resha
11-24-2005, 02:49 PM
Hope your turkey and canned yams were worth the 120 millions Indians you killed for them.
What!?

Psychotic
11-24-2005, 02:51 PM
Happy Turkey Day, Yanks!

I am thankful for oxygen.

Aurora_sword
11-24-2005, 04:33 PM
Oeh? wahts thanksgiving?

Alive-Cat
11-24-2005, 04:35 PM
HAPPY SPANK GIVING!
I am thankfull that I have two arms...

Zeldy
11-24-2005, 04:36 PM
WHERES ENGLANDS FREE FOOD?

Im thankful for a great bunch of friends ^__^

FFGuevara
11-24-2005, 04:37 PM
What!?
http://www.altpr.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=530&mode=nocomments&order=0&thold=0 . I got a idea lets now celebrate the Jewish holocaust :rolleyes2 , we are alreadying celebrating the Indian holocaust.

Reine
11-24-2005, 04:39 PM
canned yams

They sell Yamaneko in cans now?

Jess
11-24-2005, 04:46 PM
I'm English so I don't have thanksgiving. I thought it was the 25th - silly me!

Still, I'm thankful for my friends and my family all being well. <3

Happy Thanksgiving to thee americans. :D

Luara
11-24-2005, 04:52 PM
Im thankful that I have a life....
and all of that

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-24-2005, 05:06 PM
If you mean the indigenous people of North America, then do not use Indian. Indians are from India. Native Americans is a more proper term or Aboriginal peoples.:)

Well I already had Thanksgiving, but I am grateful for my life, and that I was born in place where I had the chance. I understand that a lot of people suffer in the world, and I am lucky to be born in a rich country. I am thankful for everyone in my life. Also I was thankful that I was with family on Thanksgiving.

fire_of_avalon
11-24-2005, 05:30 PM
http://www.altpr.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=530&mode=nocomments&order=0&thold=0 . I got a idea lets now celebrate the Jewish holocaust :rolleyes2 , we are alreadying celebrating the Indian holocaust.
Oh please, it's not Andrew Jackson Day, it's Thanksgiving.

EDIT: I am thankful to be alive and relatively happy, and I'm also thankful that I'm able to BE thankful.

FFGuevara
11-24-2005, 05:31 PM
Oh please, it's not Andrew Jackson Day, it's Thanksgiving.
Yeah i know thats what its about. They celebrated the succesful massacure of the native's.

Shauna
11-24-2005, 05:34 PM
I have no idea what this is all about! Yay!

I am thankful... for everything? I dunno what I'm thankful for. :p

fire_of_avalon
11-24-2005, 05:38 PM
If you think that's what we're celebrating, then I suggest you do some reading on United States History. I, however, am not going to argue with you because you choose to see a holiday celebrating the good things Americans have in life in a negative light. Just so you're aware, the "first Thanksgiving" was celebrated far before the ethnic cleansing of the Native Americans.

I'm not defending what my ancestors did to my other ancestors. I'm just letting you know that's not what we celebrate.

rubah
11-24-2005, 05:42 PM
Yeah i know thats what its about. They celebrated the succesful massacure of the native's.
As someone that's 1/64th native american, I'm sure I can say this with magnanimity. . .

Abraham Lincoln was the one that instituted the holiday of Thanksgiving in the United States.

It was not a celebration of 'slaughtering indians' it was a call to restore "peace, harmony, tranquillity and Union."

Every single Thanksgiving lesson I've had in elementary school focused on the spirit of friendship the native americans and pilgrims had back in the 1600s.

The Trail of Tears was a horrible thing, and then when they were continued to be pushed westward, it didn't make it better in any way, but the government has been trying to make some (maybe petty, but better than nothing) amends, most notably in the form of college money for those of close cherokee ancestry (Sadly I'm a couple of generations late:() but if the entire world held grudges we'd all be dead.

So let's be glad that we have abilities to forgive and to forget. Right now, let's be glad in one another and in this day that the Lord has made:)

Mr. Kyusaku
11-24-2005, 05:50 PM
I am thankful for Kingdom Hearts, movies, and my friends Sapphiresa,Glaurian,Willy,ff7 + ff10 gurl 100,fire of avalon,perola (i think), and all my others!

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-24-2005, 05:54 PM
Awww thanks Mr.Kyasaku.
Im thankful for Mr.Kyasaku,Sapphiresea,Summoner Yuna,Alive-Man,ffxfreak93, and everyone else at EoFF that im friends with and eveyon else here too.
Even though i dont know you all yet.But i will soon :D

Mr. Kyusaku
11-24-2005, 06:08 PM
You are welcome! :^)

FFGuevara
11-24-2005, 06:23 PM
If you think that's what we're celebrating, then I suggest you do some reading on United States History. I, however, am not going to argue with you because you choose to see a holiday celebrating the good things Americans have in life in a negative light. Just so you're aware, the "first Thanksgiving" was celebrated far before the ethnic cleansing of the Native Americans.

I'm not defending what my ancestors did to my other ancestors. I'm just letting you know that's not what we celebrate.

I like the fact that people will pick and choose what they see in American history as legitimate. Okay, the holiday was only possible on the condition that all the good things we have in the life was at the expense of Native Americans. Its not choosing to see it in a negative light, its choosing to see it in historical context.

Moreover, your correct about the first thanksgiving was celebrated before any active movement of genocide. But it begs the question if the first thanksgiving was before any ethnic cleansing, where did the occupiers use for food, shelter and productive growth: Native American land.

Finally, what is it that we celebrate that we call “thanksgiving” honestly? What is to give thanks for, and to whom?

What your saying would be akin to going,

"Oh, you see, when I celebrate the invasion of Poland, I'm not celebrating the holocaust! That happened after the Nazis unlawfully marched into Poland! I'm celebrating that parade they held after the annexation!"

Yamaneko
11-24-2005, 06:24 PM
Ok, you celebrate it how you want to and we'll celebrate it how we want to. Either way this is not the thread to discuss such things in.

I hope you all have a good Thanksgiving. :)

Chzn8r
11-24-2005, 08:17 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING All at EoFF :D :D Get stuffed today! :choc2: