PDA

View Full Version : MGS4 Trailer .....

Dreddz
11-24-2005, 09:10 PM
Its not very new, but I dont seem to see any threads on it.
I think it shows how damn good this game is going to look, but It bored me somewhat. There was humor at the beginning and end, but I didnt find them very funny.
I think ive missed something, why was Snake injecting stuff into him, was he having a heart attack or sumin ?
Anywayz, discuss .......

Maxico
11-24-2005, 10:25 PM
The injection was, presumably, to halt the effects of FoxDie.

Pure Strife
11-24-2005, 10:56 PM
I thought it looked pretty good. I'm more interested in how the gameplay will work this time though.

Dreddz
11-24-2005, 11:14 PM
I hate the fact that the phrase No Where To Hide is being used. I played Metal Gear the proper way. I enjoyed all the hiding and seeking, but if this is all gone. It will just turn into a boring action game, which I dont want. Oh Poop ...

Slothy
11-25-2005, 12:45 PM
I hate the fact that the phrase No Where To Hide is being used. I played Metal Gear the proper way. I enjoyed all the hiding and seeking, but if this is all gone. It will just turn into a boring action game, which I dont want. Oh Poop ...

I'm too lazy to find the link to Kojima's partial explanation of what that means so I'll type it. Basically he's hinted at there being multiple factions fighting eachother in this war that Snake's in the middle of. Basically, you might not even need to hide since you may beat a lot of guys in faction A, and become something of a hero to the soldiers in faction B. I believe I also recall him hinting at a certain level of destructibility in the environments, or at least them changing over time. So you may hide in some building at one point, but later on it's been blown up and there's nothing but rubble now. It's still a stealth game like the others, but it sounds like he's aiming for a much more immersive experience.

Pure Strife
11-25-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm too lazy to find the link to Kojima's partial explanation of what that means so I'll type it. Basically he's hinted at there being multiple factions fighting eachother in this war that Snake's in the middle of. Basically, you might not even need to hide since you may beat a lot of guys in faction A, and become something of a hero to the soldiers in faction B. I believe I also recall him hinting at a certain level of destructibility in the environments, or at least them changing over time. So you may hide in some building at one point, but later on it's been blown up and there's nothing but rubble now. It's still a stealth game like the others, but it sounds like he's aiming for a much more immersive experience.

Every time he just completely takes it to a new level. That sounds outstanding.

Dreddz
11-25-2005, 06:09 PM
there all great, but Imo, they have all taken steps down from MGS 1