PDA

View Full Version : PS2 quit working.

Moshenokoji
11-25-2005, 12:47 AM
My PS2 is going on 3 1/2 years old, so I decided to give it a good cleaning. I took the top of the console off and was careful to not break the ribbon for the open and reset buttons. I blew the dust out of it and put the top back on, easy enough. Well now it doesn't work. I have no idea why, the ribbon is still attached! Anyone have an idea?

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
11-25-2005, 02:33 AM
Off-Topic:
You're quiz in the sig has TOO many pop-ups
On-Topic:
Show it to a game person or whatever, they could fix it.

Pointless
11-25-2005, 02:36 AM
When you say it doesn't work what do you mean? Does it not switch on? Can it not read the disc?

Moshenokoji
11-25-2005, 03:29 AM
it doesn't turn on, i flip the switch and it basicly acts like it's not plugged in. Even though it is. I've checked everything.

Pointless
11-25-2005, 03:32 AM
Sounds like a connection's gone somewhere. Is there anywhere you can take it to have it looked at?

Moshenokoji
11-25-2005, 03:48 AM
Only person i can think of that might be able to fix it is my A+ and Cisco systems teacher, he fixed my friends X-Box so maybe he can do this. I don't think it matters to much now, my friend is selling me his for $80. He just got a 360 so he has to pay that off, heh. And i know it's in good condition too, he almost never palys it. My cousin bought a used one at an EB for $110 and you have to reset it 8 times before it'll play anything. I think i'm gonna take it to my A+ teacher,

MecaKane
11-25-2005, 03:51 AM
"if it ain't broke don't fix it" as the saying goes.
If your teacher can't do anything some video game store place must fix them for less than $80.

Moshenokoji
11-25-2005, 04:08 AM
Possibly, but it was starting to develope some disc tray problems. I wasn't getting that one error where it won't read discs or anything, but everytime i opened the disc tray it made this nasty grinding noise and what not. I'm not to sure if it's fixeable. I kinda hope it is, that way i can get it fixed and keep it on hand as a spare.