PDA

View Full Version : One of the BEST!

blackwinged_cloud
11-25-2005, 12:19 PM
I have to post this somewhere. I think that when it comes down to it, ff8 is the best made final fantasy. Movies, Storyline, etc. Final Fantasy 7 is close behind but 8 was my favorite.

TheSpoonyBard
11-25-2005, 12:21 PM
Its all a matter of personal taste. No doubt you'll get some people posting who disagree, but if they're decent people they shouldn't flame you.

I happen to agree with you but I'd put FFVI in second place, followed by FFIX and FFVII. FFX and FFX-2 complete the list of FF games I've played.

asukaevaunit02
11-25-2005, 12:28 PM
yeah i say its awesome, i thought ff7 was full of crap, so i havnt bothered playin it much and ff8 beats ff9 by just a bit

blackwinged_cloud
11-25-2005, 12:34 PM
lol, of course i'll let everyone have they're own oppinion (i think mispelled), i am quite a nice guy in real so, lol:D :p

Rocket Edge
11-25-2005, 01:09 PM
yeah in my opinion 8 had it in every way, what an unbelieveable game. 10 was second, then 5, then 7, then 9, and then 10-2 for me

blackwinged_cloud
11-25-2005, 02:32 PM
I wish they would make a movie for FF8 like they did for FF7. It would be so kool. I guess only in my dreams, or mabey they will make one.

Luthien
11-25-2005, 02:34 PM
I love ff8 too, but I think FF7 story is slightly better (ducks the flying chair)

raskerino
11-25-2005, 02:39 PM
Yeah I think 7's story is better, I love FFVIII but for example the orphanage scene was a reaaly weak plot twist. I felt what made the story feel better than it actually is was the amazing characters. I loved tha gameplay and do think it's the best FF and best game I've played. For me (within FFs) VII gets second and FFX gets third. FFIX fourth, FFX-2 fifth, FFIV sixth, FFT seventh, FFV eighth, FFVI ninth, FFI tenth, and FFII last.

FFIV, FFV, FFVI and FFII I haven't gotten too far in and I'm rating based on what I've seen.

BlackRibon
11-25-2005, 10:31 PM
VIII is the best for me as well. I don't like VII that much, he is pretty much overrated for me. but X, VI and I come after VIII in my favorites list.

muzzer
11-25-2005, 10:51 PM
ive only played number 8 so i cant really say anything so ill just say that the story is one of the best ive seen in a long time (thats including movies,books and other games)

:choc: :moomba:

ThePheonix
11-26-2005, 02:55 PM
I completely agree the FFVIII is the best of all FF's, since it hes by far the deepest storyline (proven by the existance of such people as Future Esthar), and it is simply the best overall (It has moombas, the Ragnarok, and Squall is so much like me to the point that some people would call it scary).

Christmas
11-26-2005, 03:03 PM
I completely agree the FFVIII is the best of all FF's, since it hes by far the deepest storyline (proven by the existance of such people as Future Esthar), and it is simply the best overall (It has PuPu, the Ragnarok, and Squall is so much like me to the point that some people would call it scary).

waterfriend{levithan]
11-26-2005, 03:32 PM
I like this game to much
also when you fight griever with the last part
[the song gives me the creeps when griever does for
the first time shockwave pulsar]

And the card game was nice but to easy ...damn

Slothy
11-26-2005, 04:52 PM
You know, I really like the game and all, but I wouldn't say it's the best by far. As has been said before, the orphanage plot twist was weak, very weak. For most of the game, I didn't find many of the characters very interesting. That changed a bit by about halfway through, but for the first part of the game, I really didn't care about Zell, Irvine, and too a lesser extent Selphie or Quistis. Like I said, that changed later on, but they were all either boring or plain annoying early on. Though I like the junction system quite a bit as well, I still prefer systems where every character doesn't play exactly the same way. It was a great concept, but it could have at least given them each unique abilities. I also thought Ultimecia coming out of nowhere as the main villian was kind of boring. It meant there was little build up to wanting to fight her, and little explanation of her backstory.

Like I said, I really enjoy the game, but I do have issues with it, which others may be more willing to overlook than me. I also feel I have to say this, and I realize a lot of people will disagree with this opinion, but with the exception of maybe a dozen or so excellent songs, FFVIII had the weakest soundtrack in the series in my opinion.

blackwinged_cloud
11-27-2005, 02:39 PM
You know, I really like the game and all, but I wouldn't say it's the best by far. As has been said before, the orphanage plot twist was weak, very weak. For most of the game, I didn't find many of the characters very interesting. That changed a bit by about halfway through, but for the first part of the game, I really didn't care about Zell, Irvine, and too a lesser extent Selphie or Quistis. Like I said, that changed later on, but they were all either boring or plain annoying early on. Though I like the junction system quite a bit as well, I still prefer systems where every character doesn't play exactly the same way. It was a great concept, but it could have at least given them each unique abilities. I also thought Ultimecia coming out of nowhere as the main villian was kind of boring. It meant there was little build up to wanting to fight her, and little explanation of her backstory.

Like I said, I really enjoy the game, but I do have issues with it, which others may be more willing to overlook than me. I also feel I have to say this, and I realize a lot of people will disagree with this opinion, but with the exception of maybe a dozen or so excellent songs, FFVIII had the weakest soundtrack in the series in my opinion.

everyone did have they're own skills in a way. There LIMIT BREAKS. and the main villan didn't come outta no where, you would only say that if your misunderstood something in the game. True the orphange scene was a weak twist but if they didn't have it then the story would've sucked, thats not just for its for every1 cause i hear that alot. But anyway you have your opinion and i have mine. so we'll leave it at that.

Slothy
11-27-2005, 03:18 PM
everyone did have they're own skills in a way. There LIMIT BREAKS.

I don't count limit breaks as individual skills myself, since you can't use them all the time (while you can, but it makes the game so freaking easy I try to avoid it). Fact is, they all get the same spells, and if you want, you can easily give everyone the same abilities. There's little to no variation in the way you use each character unless you like to abuse Aura. I have other problems with the battle system as well that I won't bother going into (such as it not even being worth it often to use spells).

and the main villan didn't come outta no where, you would only say that if your misunderstood something in the game.

Actually, I did understand the story. I didn't mean literally come out of nowhere at the end of the game (a la Necron or Zeromus), but you spend a good chunk of the game going after Edea, only to find out she's being used by some sorcerous from the future. I didn't care much for that twist, and thought Edea would have made a more interesting villian, especially given the characters connection to her. I wouldn't have minded as much if Ultimecia had more of a connection to the characters or had been there the whole game doing things that would make me want to fight her (such as Kefka, Golbez, Sephiroth and others). It just came off as more of a she's evil, so you have to stop her sort of thing. I'm simplifying it a bit, but she just wasn't a very interesting villian for me.

Like I said earlier though, I really do like the game, even if it sounds like I'm being pretty hard on it. I do think the bad points in this game are for the most part minor, and on the whole the good points far out weigh them. I just seem to enjoy playing devils advocate (with this and a lot of other things).

Like you said though, everyone has their opinions, and I always enjoy discussing them with others.

Christmas
11-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Final Fantasy VII also have characters that had all the same spells and such when you fully make the best out of them. But it is how you build your character in a way to make them different from each other.

Slothy
11-27-2005, 05:55 PM
Final Fantasy VII also have characters that had all the same spells and such when you fully make the best out of them. But it is how you build your character in a way to make them different from each other.

And I whole heartidly agree that it was a problem with FF7 as well. The problem is, there's little incentive to vary your characters in either game. In 7 it's extremely easy to give each character materia that gives them every ability worth having. In FF8 I found the summons were often so much more useful than characters spells and abilities that there was little reason to use anything else. I like both battle systems to an extent, I just think they should have been balanced a little better to make it worth varying character abilities. It was too easy in both to make everyone in your party a master of everything. And if you're character can do everything, where's the incentive to limit them to a few abilities? I just prefer job/class systems that force unique characters on you. It usually leads to more variation and strategy in how I play the game, whereas FF7 & 8 both allowed me to make everyone jack of all trades with little effort.

TurkSlayer
11-27-2005, 06:11 PM
Personally, I don't like VIII very much. VII/VI are tied for first on my list, followed very closely by IX and Tactics. Really, VIII isn't very high on my list. I only liked a few characters (Irvine, Quistis, Seifer and Edea are the only ones I liked at all) and the Junction system was annoying. And have to find the parts for your weapons, not to mention the magazine too? WTF?

The storyline wasn't all that appealing either.

Rocket Edge
11-27-2005, 09:10 PM
Personally, I don't like VIII very much. VII/VI are tied for first on my list, followed very closely by IX and Tactics. Really, VIII isn't very high on my list. I only liked a few characters (Irvine, Quistis, Seifer and Edea are the only ones I liked at all) and the Junction system was annoying. And have to find the parts for your weapons, not to mention the magazine too? WTF?

The storyline wasn't all that appealing either.
i disagree with...meh, everything you just said

x_Hopeless_Deviate_x
11-28-2005, 05:23 AM
I thought this game was pretty good.
But to me it just doesn't compare to 6...

Christmas
11-28-2005, 05:36 AM
. And if you're character can do everything, where's the incentive to limit them to a few abilities? I just prefer job/class systems that force unique characters on you.

Anyway, the abilities in FF VIII is open for customize like I mention on how you build your characters.

It is not possible for a character or all character to have "Item, Magic, Recover, Treatment, Revive" and other useful abilites all in one.

The abilities system is pretty much like FF VI where everyone have the same magic but different abilities. FF VIII just let you choose which abilities you want for each characters.

Also their so called "job" is also open for customization using the junction system unless you manage to get 255 for every stats your character have which is pretty tedious....

boys from the dwarf
11-28-2005, 07:43 AM
FF7s good.
FF8s better.
FF9 is pretty much the same as FF8 and i cant decide which i like better(but FF9 has the best peice of music in FF ever. go dark messenger!)
i like FF8 because its storyline is made differently to other FFs and is more love story and about the characters emotions. the FF8 characters have the best personalitys out of any game i have played. the reason some may not like FF8 is it doesnt have that big impact moment like on FF7 in the north crater for the first time and figure out clouds a clone or when on FF9 in the pandamonium and the amzing converstion with garland and the "your not alone scene."which is why i sort of like FF9 better.

Neco Arc
11-28-2005, 09:04 AM
FFVI and FFVII are top followed by FFVIII but only just beating FFV...

Rusty
11-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Final Fantasy VIII is my favourite Final Fantasy. I just love it. Even though I really enjoy the other Final Fantasy's, VIII grabbed me like none of the others did.

I guess it just comes down to personal taste.