PDA

View Full Version : We all know the greatest FF9 Character!

blackwinged_cloud
11-25-2005, 02:42 PM
Vivi. The cutest, best, coolest, most powerful, little guy known to the FF World. We all know this. Him and his awsome possem Fire Powers. He could blow up the world if he wanted to. Hmmmmmm, not a bad idea.....

raskerino
11-25-2005, 02:47 PM
Vivi. The cutest, best, coolest, most powerful, little guy known to the FF World

True story.

What's the topic subject?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Edit: Forest Owl beat me to it.

blackwinged_cloud
11-25-2005, 02:49 PM
I just thought I'd bring it up. Ya know what, I just like starting convos so im sorry if some of them seem like there going no where, and you reply to like all of my posts lol. I'm not so pointless when I have a point!:)

True story.

What's the topic subject?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Edit: Forest Owl beat me to it. It's vivi lol. Just go with the flow. I like dabating things lol, so just debate if u wanna and don't if you like vivi lol

Don't double post please ---RSL

TheSpoonyBard
11-25-2005, 02:50 PM
Very well. I agree that Pupu beats Vivi in all the criterion listed, and I think either Freya or Beatrix is the best FFIX character.

RaidenWeb17
11-25-2005, 03:36 PM
no Vivi beats Poopu

EPIC - MASTER OF COMBAT
11-25-2005, 09:10 PM
sigh.. i hate vivi hes a wussie and unsure of himself.. i hate him only cool thing is using flare (real helpful) but mainly hes stupid why do people like him.

Miriel
11-25-2005, 09:24 PM
Vivi was awesome. Cutest FF character, ever.

Little Blue
11-25-2005, 09:30 PM
Vivi is by far one of the best FF characters ever...

raskerino
11-25-2005, 09:35 PM
sigh.. i hate vivi hes a wussie and unsure of himself.. i hate him only cool thing is using flare (real helpful) but mainly hes stupid why do people like him.

One reason is becuase he was unsure of himself, he didn't know what he was about, he wasn't full confident... he had character. I will now dissect your paragraph. Yes he's unsure of himself but how does that make his a wussie, with much more hanging on him then any other character except maybe Garnet he keeps on fighting. That does not make him a wussie, I'd think it would be easier to argue that that makes him strong, I just think it makes an interesting character. Yes flare is good, though if you equip for it doomsday is pretty cool, and reflect and I think doublecast (don't remember if it's in FFIX) is awesome- also goes with Steiner well early on. What's your reason for calling him stupid, I don't remember him showing lack of intelligence, or is it just a generic insult? And finally one reason I like him has been stated above.

a) Interesting character, it has the most conflict and I love how it's done.

b) He's sooooo cute! and awesome looking (this alone should be good enough)

c) Beastly in battle (not near the best but one of the better characters if you don't feel like getting a 9999 move or train a ton extra.

d) He marries Quina, what could be better?

e) I like the way he treats the others, shy, nice, modest (or just self doubting), but with a wonderful touch to it.

Vivi for me is easily the best character in FFIX. Second goes to Kuja.

KoShiatar
11-25-2005, 10:13 PM
Vivi rules. For the fisrt time, a child in Final Fantasy that really thinks, acts and looks (if compared to the other Black Mages) like a child.
He's afraid, he's shy..yes, that makes you want to hug him. Vivi is really great.

Slade
11-26-2005, 03:36 AM
I used to like Vivi before he started becoming an overrated Cloud and Sephiroth type character on the internet. Now I prefer most of the other FFIX characters.
Got to admit though, his story and background was great.

TurkSlayer
11-26-2005, 03:44 AM
Vivi Kuja. The cutest, best, coolest, most powerful, little guy known to the FF World.

Hell yeah.

FFGuevara
11-26-2005, 04:30 AM
Vivi is awesome his the strong, cute, determined and pure. Second best goes to ether Beatrix or Dagger.

EPIC - MASTER OF COMBAT
11-27-2005, 06:37 AM
sigh frist of all i described my case to everyone here then youll understand why vivi is not the cooliest..
i admit he is detertemied a little cute and powerful but i ask you. besides the storyline he was given.
ok say that you when to school one day and you didn't talk to anyone that didn't say anything to you and also imagine you saying sorry for everything that you do..
do you understand thats liek having no soul at all like just beign a person who gots no dreams or something to that its like your just waiting to die.. what also makes him stupid hes always going on for awhile when iam i gonna stop..
and lastly. what goals does he have.. like personally goals.. nothing
zidane and the others have goals tought
zidane- searching for home
steiner- protecting his home
dagger- preparing herself to one day be queen
quina- to eat everything and become strong (stupid goal i say myself)
ammarant- unexplained really but he has one i forgot it toguht
freya- searching for her man
eiko- i guess no longer be aloning

see my point people besides beatix and zidane or ten times more interesting

RaidenWeb17
11-27-2005, 07:14 AM
Zidane helps Vivi to become open and be lively
besides do you know any other ten year old that can kick you ass

Slothy
11-27-2005, 01:13 PM
ok say that you when to school one day and you didn't talk to anyone that didn't say anything to you and also imagine you saying sorry for everything that you do..
do you understand thats liek having no soul at all like just beign a person who gots no dreams or something to that its like your just waiting to die.. what also makes him stupid hes always going on for awhile when iam i gonna stop..
and lastly. what goals does he have.. like personally goals.. nothing

Vivi does have goals as you put it. He spends much of the game questioning his own existence. He doesn't know if he's even really alive, or if he has a soul, or if he's just little more than a walking talking oversized doll. The fact is though, his part in the story is all about him finding out who and what he really is. If he truly exists as the opening puts it. I found that more interesting than probably any of the other characters, and thought he was more endearing because of it. I see the point you're trying to make, but I think you missed the point of the character.

To put it simply, Vivi is my favorite character of all time.

Sergeant Hartman
11-27-2005, 02:50 PM
Whats underneath his hat?

blackwinged_cloud
11-27-2005, 03:09 PM
*lifts up vivi's hat* OMG! its a tarutaru! lol

RaidenWeb17
11-27-2005, 03:10 PM
black stuff and two yellow eyes

silverjoker
11-27-2005, 05:36 PM
Under his hat lies a paradox...
a "to be or not to be" eternal dilemma, a wondering about our own mere existence as well as his...
a burden so heavy that altogether we would not be able to bear, a complex of inferiority and culpability towards all the other black mages...
a fear of finding out the truth, while desperately searching for it, who is he? Where does he come from? a neverending interrogation about his purposes, should he exist or not?
a strange fear that lies beyond impetuous courage and fidelity towards the world and his friends...
or maybe he just have pimples...

tampaviking
12-06-2005, 12:17 AM
i have always named him Jawa, it's not hard to see the resemblence, i loved the little guy. him and zidane are the best combo ever. almost like brothers. and when he goes into trance and that hat sticks up and he gives it that little twist, oh man you just know someone is going to get hurt. i can't count the times he has saved my but in boss fights.

raskerino
12-06-2005, 12:27 AM
If EPIC wasn't banned I'd ask him to improve the grammar of his recent post and make a more legible argument. As it is though it's opinion, and yet he doesn't just say he dislikes that type of character he does more:

He says Vivi has no goals, making him less interesting. I'd let that slide as opinion except that Vivi quite demonstrably has things he cares about and wants to learn giving him goals. I however find his lack of confidence in his thoughts wonderfully done, it makes his character not near as straight forward as any of the others.

He very clearly does have a soul as well, given the definition I use which would be something like:

A person's (possibly animals but I won't go there) beliefs and morals. Their sould gives them what they truly find most important- raskerino unless someone I don't know about said this first.

This is a basic definition that basically fits the word even though I don't believe a soul exists, at least not as something we couldn't more easily call something else. Vivi very clearly has a soul, DUH!

I think it's fair to say you don't like Vivi's character, don't find him interesting but your points seem absolutely unthought out (as does your grammar).

xtreme112
12-06-2005, 12:40 AM
Uh...yeah what everyone else said
Vivi totally rocks, probably because he was the black mage, and EVERYONE loves the black mage ^_^ that and Vivi is the an adorably innocently powerful character. It's a hilarious contrast to see such big scary characters such as Amarant, Steiner, Freya (to an extent) and then have this little mage dude who hammers them all!

and you should all be shot for liking Kuja! he's such a damn feminine wuss. This webcomic shows Kuja for the way he truly is!
http://www.kikouken.com/comics/kuja/

Zodiac
12-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Garnets the best..sweet,trying,caring and cute as hell...shes my love..haha..but vivi rocks nonetheless

RaidenWeb17
12-06-2005, 11:13 PM
Uh...yeah what everyone else said
Vivi totally rocks, probably because he was the black mage, and EVERYONE loves the black mage ^_^ that and Vivi is the an adorably innocently powerful character.
Black Mages are always the first to die.

Little Blue
12-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Black Mages are always the first to die.
Now thats a cheery thought...

XxSephirothxX
12-06-2005, 11:27 PM
Vivi was never my favorite Final Fantasy character, but he's pretty lovable. :p Definitely one of the best parts of IX.

Monol
12-06-2005, 11:45 PM
I will gladly say Vivi is my absolute favorite Final Fantasy character of all time :cool: (Like umm go vivi yo!)

We blacks gotta stick together ya know :cool:

FIGHT THE POWER!!! :D

Yuffie514
12-07-2005, 02:09 PM
i never stopped loving the black arts, but Eiko can also be lovable with her Holy spell. still, Black magic rules b/c it always kicks ass, xD...

nik0tine
12-07-2005, 03:37 PM
ok say that you when to school one day and you didn't talk to anyone that didn't say anything to you and also imagine you saying sorry for everything that you do..lol jeez story of my life lol

Slicksword45
12-07-2005, 06:11 PM

that sounds alot like me witch is probley why i relate to Vivi so much =p

Vivi is the 2nd best fighter with spells like Doomsday =p

Kuja is the best but he never joins your party..... WHY MUST EVIL ALWAYS BE COOLER THEN GOOD!!!!

_yeojina_
12-23-2005, 04:04 AM
1. Vivi.
2. KUJA!!! (I don't even know who he is. What ho.)
3. Quina!!! S/he's funny.
4. Steiner. He's a walking piece of metal. NYA!!!

Gullick
01-01-2006, 04:48 PM
vivi was cool when he fought the black waltz 3 cause he was destoyin the black mages, But he is a bit of a wimp for the rest of the game. Overall Amarant is the coolest, he is wanted by the law, has cool moves (i love 'no mercy' , just like a fireball off street fighter) and has quite a strong attack.

Suikojowy
01-01-2006, 04:51 PM
I like Vivi, but I didn't find him too useful later on.

My favourite characters are as follows

1. Zidane
2. Kuja
3. Amarant
4. Beatrix

Gullick
01-02-2006, 06:55 PM
yay amarants in that list! :)

marc
01-02-2006, 09:18 PM
vivi is one emo short of a fringe

_yeojina_
01-04-2006, 03:10 AM
Zidane helps Vivi to become open and be lively
besides do you know any other ten year old that can kick you ass Er, he's nine:D

Ciretho
01-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Vivi's so Awesome. It's sad in the Black Mages Village though when he finds out about them stopping. My list looks more like this:

1.Vivi
2.Kuja
3.Amarant
4....dunno

My favourite Kuja part quote is "I won't allow this world to exist without me" along those lines anyway.