PDA

View Full Version : My friends a baka!

blackwinged_cloud
11-25-2005, 08:01 PM
My friends says that the movie was bad because there wasn't really a story line. I say the game gave you the story line. Does anyone agree with my friend? *puppy face*

Tifa's Real Lover(really
11-25-2005, 08:38 PM
i agree!, and dont do the puppy face

raskerino
11-25-2005, 08:57 PM
I agree with your friend except I'd call it okay not bad.

Mo-Nercy
11-26-2005, 01:24 AM
If you're enough of an FF7 fanboy, you can build a storyline in your head around the events of the movie. If you're like everyone else, you should be able to enjoy it for what it is. It's not completely devoid of a story. It just seems that way because this 100+ minute movie just happens to be a sequel to a game that played in excess of 40 hours. The movie deals with a number of things including Cloud's desire to be forgiven, the continued fight against Jenova, Kadaj's struggle to find his mother etc. in a manner that isn't as deep or plot-twisty as the game, which is perfectly understandable. Square did try to pack more into it, after all, it was originally meant to be less than half the length of the finished product but I'm sure that they didn't want to make it a LotR type of thing. Not only would that have pushed the release date back like a gazillion years but it also would have bored the hell out of viewers like me who just want a normal movie length feature and uber amounts of Yuffie screen time.

Christmas
11-26-2005, 11:54 AM
excess of 40 hours. The movie deals with a number of things including Cloud's desire to be forgiven, the continued fight against Jenova, Kadaj's struggle to find his mother etc. in a manner that isn't as deep or plot-twisty as the game, which is perfectly understandable.

Not really....it is not really perfectly understandable from the amount of plot questions being asked around....

Vyk
11-26-2005, 12:34 PM
I don't hear the Japanese complaining