PDA

View Full Version : Best Blitzball Strategy!

blackwinged_cloud
11-25-2005, 09:32 PM
This is only good if your starting out blitzball for the first time in your file. I went and hired Jumal, he has AWSOME catch which makes him a good starting goalie. I got rid of keepa and replaced hime with jumal. I've never lost a game!:D

rubah
11-25-2005, 10:00 PM
Sadly you cannot hire jumal until *After* you play luca.

Vaprice
11-25-2005, 10:23 PM
Keepa probably doesn't look good or feel good until lvl 99. The last 20 lvls are his best days.

But most of all I'd hire some humans (bigs and wegde outside luca) and then I'd hire the guiado players. They're all the best and fast. Also hire the ronso in Luca. He should be very good at defense if I can remember.

After you become very good, most teams will start to disband. My whole original team, I disbanded them. By then everyone was very good and you could pwn anything. Some of the people from the Al Bhed are good (The original team memebrs)

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-25-2005, 10:26 PM
i kept all the besaid aurochs :D and recruited wakka on the airship. my team rockzors!!! :D

Sain Cai
11-26-2005, 04:01 AM
Personally I get rid of Datto and replace him with Zalitz, and get Jumal. I tend to have 4 hard hitters, and keep Tidus as my shooter.

Dragoon Kain
11-26-2005, 05:27 AM
recruit linna. she is the best midfielder ever
ropp is a good defender and so are zev and irga ronso
larbeight vilucha tidus and nedus are some of the best shooters
and of couse nimrook is the best goalie

Lost Number
11-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Tidus and Wakka as forwards
Brother on midfield
Naida and Svanda on Defence
Jumal in goal.
Best team.

rubah
11-26-2005, 05:23 PM
I think my team was Tidus, wedge, brother, jassu, shuu, and jumal.

They do good enough at not!ZOMPWTP stats.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-26-2005, 06:28 PM
you can have a team which is made of mainly characters involved in the storyline: tidus, wakka, brother and rin. if only rikku were available :D

Sain Cai
11-26-2005, 06:59 PM
you can have a team which is made of mainly characters involved in the storyline: tidus, wakka, brother and rin. if only rikku were available :D

Although Rikku is my fav, I would love to see Lulu in a bikini playin blitz ;)

blackwinged_cloud
11-27-2005, 02:28 PM
what really sucks though is that if you've been training your current team alot like I have then other players unless from another team aren't as good because they haven't trained as much as everyone else.

ScottNUMBERS
11-28-2005, 11:11 PM
The best keeper is Nimrook, the al bhed.

X-Dragon
12-10-2005, 05:29 AM
midfield Tidus, left forward Shaami (that reporter girl in luca good shooter), right forward I had Zazi guado, left and right defense Datto and Botta, goalie Jumal, All-Star team right there

Cruise Control
12-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Tidus and Wakka as forwards
Brother on midfield
Jassu and Botta on Defence
Keepa in goal.

I'm working on it, okay?

Brother is freaking amazing! He comes with withershot 2! So he know has Withershot 2 Withertackle2 and Witherpass 2, I'm trying to get 3's

EDIT: I still have te other two though, I would like the Auroch reels to be piming when I get it.

ThroneofDravaris
12-10-2005, 03:16 PM
I just kept the original team.

People pass to Tidus>Jecht Shot>win.

Markus. D
12-12-2005, 11:19 PM
yeah :P

fushibai99
12-22-2005, 07:47 AM
I dont know any thing about bilzball:(

Mo-Nercy
12-22-2005, 12:10 PM
My team was Tidus, Wakka, Linna, Naida, Kyou and Miyu.

This team is awesome up to mid-levels but beyond that, it needs a bit of replacing. I decided against using Brother because I don't like that guy. xD Linna starts with Nap Shot 3 anyway. So awesome.

Flash
12-24-2005, 08:55 PM
Nimrook for the Al Bhed is deadly during the beginning of the season, I could only score on him with Tidus's Jecht Shot, and most of our games eneded either 0-0 or 1-1, but now I destroy that team along with all other teams by a good 8 goals or so :)

Ilyn
12-27-2005, 04:51 PM
Tidus, Datto, Linna, Kyou, and Naida + NIMMY in goal <3 I love my Nimmy.

I considered swapping Shaami for Datto or Brother for Linna, but I like Linna's more rounded stats even if she might not be as quick. Datto's nap techs come in handy, and it's just kind of homey to still have one of the Aurochs around. It makes me sad when I have to let them go and they're all BOOHOO I HOPE I GET TO PLAY WITH YOU AGAIN SOME TIME sniff YOU'RE THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD!!!11!one!1sob

Plus... admit it... once you get into the higher levels, your team doesn't really matter as much. The blitzball minigame is pretty easy as long as you don't have people out who are really, really bad. :[

KH-Cloudy
01-02-2006, 11:28 PM
I just kept the original team.

People pass to Tidus>Jecht Shot>win.
:P same as me makes everything so much easier

SoulTaker*
01-03-2006, 07:49 AM
Best strategy is to score and then sit behind the net and watch the other team spin in circles, but thats more of cheating than strategy.

boys from the dwarf
01-03-2006, 08:09 AM
i kept the aurochs and then recruited wakka and rin but i cant describe my strategy for playing blitzball because eventually you just get used to it and get good after a certain amount of playing. i used to suck but now if just somehow good at it.it just takes practice.

Psydekick
01-03-2006, 08:35 AM
I have Blappa and Mifurey in attack
Brother in Midfield
Balgerda and Vuroja in defence
Miyu in goal:)

a nirvana fan
01-03-2006, 05:00 PM
This is only good if your starting out blitzball for the first time in your file. I went and hired Jumal, he has AWSOME catch which makes him a good starting goalie. I got rid of keepa and replaced hime with jumal. I've never lost a game!:D

Hmm I've just started FFX again, I might have to try that strategy out. Thanks.

Psydekick
01-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Hey has anyone else noticed bickson sucks :)

Aleser
01-04-2006, 10:50 AM
^Yeah, the Goers pretty much suck later on.

I got by a lot of my season with Botta as my MF. I didn't realize he was a defender, but he was tons of levels above pretty much everyone else at a certain point, so he got the ball everytime and then it was just Tidus->goal.

I lost my FFX file awhile ago so I don't remember my latest team, I know I had Tidus, Larbeight and Nimrook but forgot the defense. I had 400 something wins too -_-;.

As for your opponents' levels, once you guys begin hitting their 80s and 90s and the rest of the teams are way behind, the computer boosts them up out of no where to around 70s and 80s. Kinda interesting but good for competition.

Ravenmasta
01-14-2006, 08:20 PM
Eigaar is best shooter... when you get him hes like a 18 pt shooter. And after about 11 games, hes almost a level 40 shooter!

Little Blue
01-14-2006, 08:55 PM
I always use Tidus & Nedus as Forwards, Zev Ronso as Mid, Botta and Jassu as Def, and Keepa in goals.

My usual strategy is to nap shot with nedus and *hopefully* put the other goalie to sleep :D, otherwise, just shoot like crasy, really close to the goals, with either shooter. (despite his speed, Nedus totally owns Tidus for endurance and shot)

I also like to run... swim... circles around the Ronso Fangs, get a fedender, swim past their team, and then draw them all up the field, then pass to a forward with the ronso still down my end, easy goal :D

Seto Fett
01-23-2006, 09:55 PM
My best team consisted of:

LF-Tidus
RF-Wakka
MF-Tatts
LD-Jassu
RD-One of the original Al Bhed Psyche women
KP-Nimrook

Man, it was so hard, but I never played any Blitzball until I got the Airship, that way I could recruit Wakka without him being 50 levels lower than everyone else. It was a great team though. I don't know why everyone says Brother is the best MF, as I've looked up his stats and they're good but not the best MF stats. I also was able to recruit Tatts, easily the best MF, as the guy was a tank pretty much. He could score, defend, and pass with ease. His Nap Pass 3 was very deadly, as I once had the entire enemy team asleep, all in one move too. :tem

This was also the first data I got Tidus Jecht Shot 2, which really wasn't all that hyped out to be, at least in my opinion. I only used it when I was facing some extremely difficult defenders, otherwise I used Jecht Shot. One ability I really wanted to get, but never got the chance, was Auroch's Reel. I hear it rocked, and I was always curious about it. Absolute shame they ruined Blitzball in X-2, as it was one of the things I was looking forward to the most. It was reduced to a minute of watching your player with no control....I was very much hoping they would actually expand it this time around, like new abilities, rules, players, and such...