PDA

View Full Version : The FF8 Movie Petition

muzzer
11-25-2005, 10:46 PM
Its up and running but ive only got 5 signatures so help everyone out we really want to see this happen
http://www.petitiononline.com/271089/petition.html

:choc: :moomba:

Kamrusepas
11-26-2005, 10:43 AM
I signed, like he previous similar stuff, altho I don't think it'll really help.

But who knows, maybe this time it'll work, and then I can say I was there too :D

Christmas
11-26-2005, 10:58 AM
As in movie, do you mean something like Advent Children or something being act by actors in real life?

Anaisa
11-26-2005, 11:12 AM
No! not actors,thats enough to give me nightmares! Computer generated is the only thing that will do.

muzzer
11-26-2005, 01:38 PM
As in movie, do you mean something like Advent Children or something being act by actors in real life?

like AC, cos with actors it wouldnt look good

rubah
11-26-2005, 05:42 PM
I would rather it have actors, actually.

Xaven
11-26-2005, 05:53 PM
They might recognize your petition a little more if you had used correct puntuation and capitalization. It looks very unprofessional.

Well, whatever. *signs*

Kamrusepas
11-28-2005, 09:26 AM
Yeah, I thought that too, but... *shrug*

Mirage
11-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Oh lol, these never work...

muzzer
11-28-2005, 03:45 PM
then why post to tell me that u fool

Christmas
11-28-2005, 03:53 PM
then why post to tell me that u fool

Cool down my dear sir. Anyway, even if the past petition never works, yours might be the first one to works. Also, it is the spirit and the effort you put into it matters and make you special.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-28-2005, 04:03 PM
ME TOO!! (i swear ive already signed this.....)

ThroneofDravaris
11-28-2005, 04:23 PM
I feel obliged to point out that you are almost definitely wasting your time, and the time of those who clicked that link in order to sign the petition. I have little doubt that not only will the petition not work, but if you were to actually send that to Square-Enix they would laugh: Hard.

salbarroo
11-29-2005, 10:59 AM
maybe for him...his not wasting his time.....
its only up to him if he really wasted his time...
he may only made it during his spare time....
and for those who clicked that link...well..you can't really help them not to click on it because they really want to....
Even if it will not work..at least they've tried something...better than doing something than nothing at all... just sitting in a chair and doing nothing..
Are you sure they'd laugh...???? Maybe not...maybe they'll thank instead...

=)

muzzer
11-29-2005, 11:12 AM
and for those who clicked that link...well..you can't really help them not to click on it because they really want to....
Even if it will not work..at least they've tried something...better than doing something than nothing at all... just sitting in a chair and doing nothing..

=)

Excatly, thank you for pointing that out.

ThroneofDravaris
11-29-2005, 01:22 PM

=)

Wow, you really love to ‘…’ don’t you?

muzzer
11-29-2005, 03:35 PM

Can i ask you something?

Flying Mullet
11-29-2005, 03:36 PM
Another crappy petition for another crappy movie idea.

muzzer
11-29-2005, 03:39 PM
Another crappy petition for another crappy movie idea.

well thats your opinion, if you dont like it dont post here, that should be enough infromation for your tiny brain to handle...so i'll stop now..ok?
*pats your head*

ThroneofDravaris
11-29-2005, 03:52 PM
Can i ask you something?

As long as you use capitalizations.

muzzer
11-29-2005, 03:54 PM

why do you do it?
why do insult or agravte people with your useless drivle?
:moomba: :choc:

ThroneofDravaris
11-29-2005, 04:05 PM
I’ll explain it to you, as soon as you explain to me how you managed to misspell ‘dribble’ and ‘aggravate’.

Flying Mullet
11-29-2005, 04:17 PM
well thats your opinion, if you dont like it dont post here, that should be enough infromation for your tiny brain to handle...so i'll stop now..ok?
*pats your head*

Don't pat my head, it hurts my tiny little brain! :aimmad:

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-29-2005, 04:30 PM
I like to "..." and " ^_^ " but ... all the time...see.....? unless it's serious or im angry.....

muzzer
11-29-2005, 04:59 PM
I’ll explain it to you, as soon as you explain to me how you managed to misspell ‘dribble’ and ‘aggravate’.
i didnt misspell 'drivle' its a real word it means useless crap

ThroneofDravaris
11-30-2005, 01:33 AM
Ah, in that case it's 'drivel' then.

BlueMageOne
11-30-2005, 02:04 AM
I highly doubt a few dozen signatures would convince SE to cash in on a game that wasn't even one of their best sellers. Please SE, blow millions of dollars just to appease the fanboys!

ThroneofDravaris
11-30-2005, 02:12 AM
I was under the impression that FFVIII sold rather well, just behind FFVII and FFX.

Winter Nights
11-30-2005, 02:17 AM
I would rather it have actors, actually.
Same here, though I do agree this is a waste of time.

I was under the impression that FFVIII sold rather well, just behind FFVII and FFX.
And while it did, FF7 and FF10 are prolly the only two that would be worth making sequels or whatever for. The only sure-things that will make money.

DocFrance
11-30-2005, 03:09 AM
Petitions like these are pointless for the obvious fact that corporations like Square-Enix are not democracies. They have no obligation to consider, or even look at said petition.

Saying "Look! I got a hundred e-signatures! Now make my movie!" has about as much effect as saying "Look! I put on pants this morning! Now give me a million dollars!"

Your time would be better spent on something more productive, like, say, playing a better game than FFVIII.

Flying Mullet
11-30-2005, 01:24 PM
Saying "Look! I got a hundred e-signatures! Now make my movie!" has about as much effect as saying "Look! I put on pants this morning! Now give me a million dollars!"
Does this mean I'm not getting my million dollars? :(

Christmas
11-30-2005, 01:30 PM
Why not just give this enthusiastic guy a break....

Mirage
11-30-2005, 01:44 PM
I highly doubt a few dozen signatures would convince SE to cash in on a game that wasn't even one of their best sellers. Please SE, blow millions of dollars just to appease the fanboys!
It sold better than FFVII <.<
But whatever, online petitions never work, even real life petitions rarely work.

DocFrance
11-30-2005, 01:52 PM
Does this mean I'm not getting my million dollars? :(
Well, I'll pay you twenty if you take off your pants...

ThroneofDravaris
11-30-2005, 01:52 PM
It sold better than FFVII <.<

I’m 90% certain that that is incorrect.

*~Angel Wing~*
11-30-2005, 03:38 PM
Same here, though I do agree this is a waste of time.

And while it did, FF7 and FF10 are prolly the only two that would be worth making sequels or whatever for. The only sure-things that will make money.
...and we all saw what garbage FFX-2 was...:D I think that FFVIII was THE BEST Final Fantasy in the series, no questions asked. If they did X-2 for X and Advent Children for VII, they should DEFINETLY do something for VIII!!!:grinpink: I'M SIGNING!!! Whether it does anything or not...

Necron
11-30-2005, 03:49 PM
This petition will never work. I'm not even sure I want to see a FF8 movie.

muzzer
11-30-2005, 06:05 PM
then why the hell post on here saying that, surely you can just ignore this thread if you dont want to see a FF8 movie

Flying Mullet
11-30-2005, 06:08 PM
If you can voice that you want a FFVIII movie made then others can voice that they don't want a FFVIII movie made.

Crossblades
11-30-2005, 06:51 PM
then why the hell post on here saying that, surely you can just ignore this thread if you dont want to see a FF8 movie

It's not that no one doesn't want to see this movie. It's just that Square Enix is too damn busy making other projects than to read what the loyal fans wish for them to do

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
11-30-2005, 07:19 PM
online petitions never work, even real life petitions rarely work.

Finally people realized that signing petitions for things to happen or uncancel has no effect whatsoever.

Winter Nights
12-01-2005, 01:01 AM
...and we all saw what garbage FFX-2 was...:D I think that FFVIII was THE BEST Final Fantasy in the series, no questions asked. If they did X-2 for X and Advent Children for VII, they should DEFINETLY do something for VIII!!!:grinpink: I'M SIGNING!!! Whether it does anything or not...
It has nothing to do with quality. It has to do with what sells. And despite how horrid it was, FFX-2 was a sure thing. They knew it would do great and it did. Same with FF7 and all it's sequels. FF8 has the sales, but it doesn't have the recognition to be a sure thing.

RaidenWeb17
12-01-2005, 01:48 AM
I'd buy the movie

kikimm
12-01-2005, 01:53 AM
First off, muzzer, calm down a little bit, and watch the language. People can post their opinions, no matter what they are, all right? Flying Mullet pointed that out pretty well.

Also, not only do I believe petitions like these will never work, but I really don't care for an FF8 movie. It was almost a movie anyways. A very good one, I thought. And I'm fine with that.

Winter Nights
12-01-2005, 02:49 AM
It was almost a movie anyways. A very good one, I thought. And I'm fine with that.
Quoted for truth.

Raven Nox
12-01-2005, 05:42 AM
There's nothing really for them to make a movie of, FFVIII was finished quite nicely, and doesn't need a million spin-offs and sequals, including a movie. If they did make one (which would never happen) I'd get it, but still, it doesn't need one.

And it's true that pentions never work, I think Square is basically finished with FFVIII and probably doesn't have the desire to pick it up again, no matter how many people sign it. It's just not the money maker VII and X are.

*~Angel Wing~*
12-01-2005, 03:38 PM
There's nothing really for them to make a movie of, FFVIII was finished quite nicely, and doesn't need a million spin-offs and sequals, including a movie. If they did make one (which would never happen) I'd get it, but still, it doesn't need one.

And it's true that pentions never work, I think Square is basically finished with FFVIII and probably doesn't have the desire to pick it up again, no matter how many people sign it. It's just not the money maker VII and X are.
I agree, there isn't any substance for any kind of sequel. We all saw what happened with X-2...When there is no unanswered questions, there is no story. I would DEFINETLY get the movie if they made one.:D I actually think that a prequel would be awesome!!!:grinpink:

salbarroo
12-01-2005, 06:09 PM
this is what i got from SE.....received it last NOv.17

-------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Customer Support,

Dear Customer:

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We hope that this letter
answers your questions.

Our parent company, SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd. of Japan, has no current
plans for that particular title at this time. This is not to say that it
will never happen, it's just that SQUARE ENIX of Japan is currently
focusing on numerous other projects.

We hope that this information has been of some assistance, and we
apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks,
Square Enix Customer Support
support@square-enix-usa.com

Flying Mullet
12-01-2005, 06:12 PM
That's their standard form letter response.

Besides, if they were going to make a movie, they wouldn't tell you in a letter/email. They would make a big announcement at a big trade show like E3 or Tokyo Game Show.

salbarroo
12-01-2005, 06:24 PM
even if they are going to make a movie, they must reply to me in my email because i was asking them...how would i know that they already made a movie or not if they will not response to my mail?

Flying Mullet
12-01-2005, 06:33 PM
What I meant is that they gave you a standard form letter that they send to anyone when they ask them about any suggestions or other rumors. You could have asked them "Are you making a handheld port of FFX?" or "Are you making a game where Barrett wears a dress and spanks Sqall?" and you would get the same email and it fits the question. The fact that the letter refers to "that particular title" makes it a form letter as it isn't personalized in any way, shape or form.

Anaisa
12-01-2005, 06:45 PM
If you send an email to Square enix asking if they're going to make a game where Barrett wears a pink dress and spanks Squall. And you get the same response, I think it would be safe to concede that those emails they send are automated. Now somebody go and try it so we can be sure.

Flying Mullet
12-01-2005, 06:45 PM
And if not I want to know where to get my spaking game. :cool:

Anaisa
12-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Its probably already out on the internet somewhere.

Flying Mullet
12-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Don't you know it. :thumb:

rubah
12-01-2005, 09:59 PM
I still don't see why you guys are so stuck on the idea of a sequel as being the only possible story of a ff8 movie.

ChCx91
12-03-2005, 08:06 AM
i signed it. the ff7 movie did very well. i think ff8 movie will do better because

1) FF8 <-
2) FF7
3) FF10

ThroneofDravaris
12-03-2005, 08:11 AM
Yeah, personal taste is DEFINITELY the best way to judge success…

Flying Mullet
12-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Yeah, personal taste is DEFINITELY the best way to judge success…
:thumb: