PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying parts of FF Games!

blackwinged_cloud
11-25-2005, 11:27 PM
Have you seen all of the things that don't make sense in the games. LOL
The most asked one 1.Why don't you revive Aries with a God Damn Phoenix Down! lol
PS Nothing soo bad that critisizes the FF Series please

Light Mage
11-26-2005, 12:27 AM
The amazing coincidences that occur in the storylines...

Oh wow, Reina and Faris are long-lost sisters!

Oh wow, Cloud met the ONLY person who could pray for Holy!

Oh wow, Yuna looks just like Lenne when she ReBoots into a Songstress!

Etc, etc. :lol:

Bowser
11-26-2005, 12:33 AM
Oh wow, um...Bartz just HAPPENED to run into one of the Warrior of Dawn!

raskerino
11-26-2005, 12:58 AM
Oh wow! The orphanage scene where it turns out everyone grew up together.

Azure
11-26-2005, 08:04 PM
The most asked one 1.Why don't you revive Aries with a God Damn Phoenix Down! lol

Good question. The simple answer is that Phoenix Downs only bring people back from being unconcious, not from the dead. KO can either mean Killed Off or Knocked Out. In Final Fantasy terms, this seems to be the latter.

And as for annoying parts of FF... :p

The fact that the only thing you can do during the "laughing" scene in FFX is turn down the volume, and repeatedly mash the buttons.

RaidenWeb17
11-26-2005, 11:22 PM
Oh wow, Yuna looks just like Lenne when she ReBoots into a Songstress!
She is supposed to.

EPIC - MASTER OF COMBAT
11-27-2005, 06:41 AM
this is dumb but..
oh wow FFVIII don't ever shut up just keeps talking

ffxfreak93
11-27-2005, 06:52 AM

their retards

MJN SEIFER
11-27-2005, 07:59 PM
their retards

I don't remember them being drunk...

DarkLadyNyara
11-29-2005, 07:12 PM
Have you seen all of the things that don't make sense in the games. LOL

People with damn- near ultimate power getting taken out by what is essentially a bunch of kids.

Dreddz
11-29-2005, 08:43 PM
Evil Wall in FFIV. One of the hardest Storyline bosses there ever was ....

KoShiatar
11-29-2005, 08:58 PM
Woah, I've just beaten Kuja and there's another boss who is the real big boss but nobody's ever heard about him before!

ThroneofDravaris
11-30-2005, 01:57 AM
Wow, the Giant of Bab-il can move, despite the fact that anything of that size would crush itself under its own weight.

Prancing Mad
11-30-2005, 02:55 AM
Actually, the chances that he ran into the warriors of dawn is not that slim a chance. I mean, there are only about 300 people in the entire FF universe. lol

NeoCracker
11-30-2005, 04:05 AM
That there are only about three hundred people in the ff world

Primus Inter Pares
11-30-2005, 04:52 AM
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0000ZQDKG.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

MJN SEIFER
12-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Oh wow! The orphanage scene where it turns out everyone grew up together.

W-H-A-T?! That bit was BRILLANT!

Rogue
12-04-2005, 03:00 AM
when you find out faris is a girl that kinda pisses me of that leaves bartz the only boy which sucks........ also no guys in 10-2 just girls which is kinda hot excepically paine...they should of let you play with nooj,gippal,and baralai......ffta the snowball fight why could it just be like fft where it not preasnt life gosh probley a enix mistake curse that dragon quest/warrior and other enix games...... and ff10s minigames tooo hard

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
12-05-2005, 07:11 AM
Was I the only person who originally thought Faris was a girl and was amazed when it turned out she was supposed to be a boy?

ThroneofDravaris
12-05-2005, 07:16 AM
W-H-A-T?! That bit was BRILLANT!

No, no is wasn't.

Azure
12-05-2005, 07:05 PM
Was I the only person who originally thought Faris was a girl and was amazed when it turned out she was supposed to be a boy?

Nope.. I thought Bartz was gay, that that there'd be some nice yaoi-ness :(

Ezme
12-05-2005, 08:18 PM
The orphanage is the singlemost lame storyline in the whole of FF! It was just so sudden. There were no hints... then its "OH...we fogot we were all kids together!" saying that it runs along the same lines a tifa keeping quiet when cloud tells the group about Niebleheim never did like that much.

Zodiac
12-06-2005, 12:30 AM
Everyone should just shuttup..there are no dumb parts,everything in FF is kool....even the so called stupid parts of a final fantasy are better then most games made..so thats saying something...toodles

Captain Maxx Power
12-06-2005, 12:46 AM
Two words: Monster Capturing.

raskerino
12-06-2005, 01:08 AM
Everyone should just shuttup..there are no dumb parts,everything in FF is kool....even the so called stupid parts of a final fantasy are better then most games made..so thats saying something...toodles

Yeah, way to "disrespect other people's opinions." Saying shut up is not very nice... it's opinion whether they think that, and yelling at people for saying that is silly. To come to this forum most people do or used to love FF, so it's not even a case of seriously attacking something you love. There are problems, as apparent by the fact that people dislike certain scenes. So be nice and don't go insulting opinions.

BTW while I don't like the orphanage scene in it's storyline value everytime I play through it I enjoy how it's done. I like the thoughts in it and the dialogue. I find it to be a great scene which is how I find most scenes in FFVIII, just in a different way, storylinewise it's very weak.

The parts I think are weakest are dungeons that aren't done so well. Overly annoying ones, especially in replay like the prison in FFVIII (I feel like using that as an example right now, just so readers know it's my favorite game all time). Some FF's have final bosses that feel somewhat thrown in such as Ultimecia. Side missions can be dull, I liked them in FFVIII so I'll mention that the sigils and crests in FFX were way too boring. There will usually be characters we don't like, going through the FFs I've completed (wow I lied about FFVIII, I can't use it as an example for this either), most in FFI had no character, the characters in FFT were never bad but usually they weren't too good either, Aeris, Dagger not really bad but dull, Yuna (X), Kimahri was okay but lacked point, and Paine. I'll also mention some voice actors can be very annoying such as Yuna or Shelinda in X.

But the good parts in these games make them so incredibly enjoyable that they're a great joy to play.

DarkLadyNyara
12-06-2005, 01:50 AM
BTW while I don't like the orphanage scene in it's storyline value everytime I play through it I enjoy how it's done. I like the thoughts in it and the dialogue. I find it to be a great scene which is how I find most scenes in FFVIII, just in a different way, storylinewise it's very weak.
I agree. The annoying thing about that was that it had potential to be a pretty good plot device, but they killed it.

DJZen
12-06-2005, 05:48 AM
Any scene with Squall and Rinoa.

MJN SEIFER
12-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Any scene with Squall and Rinoa. Is the best scene in FF8 and in some places the whole FFsereies because they are realisticaly matched up. And are perfect with each other

Couldn't have said it better myself!:p

Qurange
12-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Actually, there were hints toward the orphanage scene earlier in the game--it was made no secret, reading the Garden Network files and talking to the Faculty, that memory loss was a well-known rumored side-effect of GF use, for one.

But as for annoying, how about atrocious minigames that make no sense and have no relevance? FF7 is the most guilty of this.

Slade
12-07-2005, 06:42 AM
But as for annoying, how about atrocious minigames that make no sense and have no relevance? FF7 is the most guilty of this.
*Nods in agreement*
Chocobo Racing should burn in hell. The only good mini games in Gold Saucer were the Motorbike game, Snowboarding game and the battle arena (would you call that a mini game? It's just battles....oh well I'll count it)

MJN SEIFER
12-07-2005, 08:21 PM
I liked them.

Fireblade13
12-07-2005, 08:41 PM
-The part in FFX just before battling Seymour in Ga Gazet you have to watch a long scene
-The part in FFX during the wedding with the guns that do 200 damage but they cringe in fear!
-The ending to FF1 I mean everything after Wind Castle made 0 sense

Anaisa
12-07-2005, 08:57 PM
Random battles. You should be able to turn them off when you want and level up when you choose. All those parts in ffx when you had to insert spheres or whatever it was I can't really recall. And that part in ffVIII where you have to catch Rinoa in space as she floats down the screen.

XxSephirothxX
12-07-2005, 10:00 PM
-All of Final Fantasy VIII
-Excess of random battles in FFV
-FFX-2's lightning dodging game
-FFX's chocobo/balloon game thingie

And more. :p

blackwinged_cloud
12-08-2005, 03:20 AM
The orphanage is the singlemost lame storyline in the whole of FF! It was just so sudden. There were no hints... then its "OH...we fogot we were all kids together!" saying that it runs along the same lines a tifa keeping quiet when cloud tells the group about Niebleheim never did like that much. actually it explains in ff7 why tifa also thought what cloud was saying was true. Has something to do with Jenova!

Slade
12-08-2005, 03:49 AM
Having to check the comspheres all the freaking time in X-2 was annoying.

DMKA
12-08-2005, 07:01 AM
The "WHO IZ DA HOTTEST!?!?!1" discussions.

Slothy
12-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Having to check the comspheres all the freaking time in X-2 was annoying.

Thanks for reminding me of that. I think I had actually blocked it out. I can't believe they make you do that for 100%. Absolutely cruel.

Neco Arc
12-09-2005, 02:08 AM
fanboys and fangirls... including myself

Yuffie514
12-09-2005, 02:36 PM
i should've put the sound on "Mute" when Tidus and Yuna were in Luca...

well, it's a first time and the only time (and that's like so old now). i won't go through the game again...