PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Final Boss Set

blackwinged_cloud
11-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Why do I say Set, because really the last boss is usually like 5 bosses in 1 or something of the sort.

TheSpoonyBard
11-25-2005, 11:34 PM
Haven't you run out of ideas for threads yet? You've been making them all day.

I'm not really sure who my favourite set is, none of them really stand out in my mind.

blackwinged_cloud
11-26-2005, 01:11 AM
actually yes i have run out of ideas. lol but I never really talk alot in real life so i like to get it all out somewhere else ya know. ill be outta idea for like a billion days. do you think of it as a bad thing?

TheSpoonyBard
11-26-2005, 01:15 AM
Not at all. Recently the boards have been rather slow, at least compared to some days, and your input has helped to rekindle discussion and pique people's interest in certain areas of the game that hasn't been talked about much of late.

For the purposes of the poll I'll vote for FFIX, but only because I like the battles with the four guardians leading up to the final bosses.

raskerino
11-26-2005, 02:28 AM
I'll rate each out of 10 then vote.

I didn't like FFI as Chaos was easy and I din't like the dungeon. (2)

FFT I also didn't like the end of because Orlanud could do like 500 while healing that amount without any insane equipment, he slaughtered everything. (5)

FFVII was pretty good, but I didn't like Sephy's first form. Safer Sephiroth and True Sephiroth were cool though. As Sephiroth is in my opinion the best FF main enemy that boosts this. (8)

FFVIII had the well done dungeon with the eight bosses, Tiamat is really cool, and I liked Griever as a form of the final boss. Ultimecia wasn't the greatest of final bosses which hurts this. (8)

FFIX had the four elementals which were okay but weren't special, Deathgaze was a good pre-final boss set boss. Kuja's my second favorite main enemy and I always love fighting him... but then Necron who has no importance shows up. (8)

FFX had Seymour who I like, and is definitely the main enemy with most importance. Sin wasn't a very interesting enemy, and Jecht was okay. Not too much development outside of a bit for Seymour. And Yu Yevon is okay but again has ne character. (6)

FFX-2 had Shuyin who was the main point of a weak story and the incredibly weak Vegnagun. (4)

So a lot have 8/10, FFIX and FFVIII both have reasonably big problems (without Necron FFIX would definitely win) so I guess FFVII gets my vote.

Markus. D
11-26-2005, 09:12 AM
To me FFL2 had the best one.

you had to kill a God who's mind was bent solely on being powerful.
his death results in you haveing to team up with a differant god.then you and your party have to travel down into the middle of the earth to fight a guardian.
it has a simple name (Arsenal) and has simple but powerful attacks... took me two play throughs to beat it.

to bad you never included it on the list.

Mo-Nercy
11-26-2005, 10:53 AM
I quite like the FF6 final boss. Dancing Mad + the multi-tiered super fight = Pure bliss. The final dungeon wasn't too bad either but the final battle itself was what did it for me.

Ultimecia's Castle in FF8 is, in my opinion, the one with the best design to date. The awkward camera angles, weird puzzles and boss fights all add to a really enjoyable experience. The final battle against Ultimecia was also pretty good. I especially like her final monologue before she died.

The lead up to the final battle in 10-2 doesn't get enough credit, I think. The whole musical note puzzle was pretty cool and the concept of Vegnagun being controlled by a piano isn't too bad either. The battle itself wasn't too disappointing, albeit, a little too easy.

These three are my favourites. I voted for 8 in the end.

Slothy
11-26-2005, 01:51 PM
FFVI. None of the others felt nearly as epic to me as that one. And nothing beats seeing Kefka descend from the heavens for the final fight, with Dancing Mad playing in the backgroud the whole time. In fact I think Dancing Mad alone is what really sold it as THE epic battle of the game for me. FF4 strangely enough, with only one battle at the end, is the only other one that felt epic to me. Other than those two, FFVII was the closest to driving home the fact that I was fighting to save the world. None of the other ones have really been able to drive home that feeling for me.

Skarr
11-27-2005, 03:00 AM
I won't say why...but I vote ffVI. I think its been said too much.

Lord Chainsaw
11-27-2005, 03:29 AM
To me FFL2 had the best one.

you had to kill a God who's mind was bent solely on being powerful.
his death results in you haveing to team up with a differant god.then you and your party have to travel down into the middle of the earth to fight a guardian.
it has a simple name (Arsenal) and has simple but powerful attacks... took me two play throughs to beat it.

to bad you never included it on the list.

FFL2's Central Shrine was definitely cool, but FFL1's finale was even better. It's final 5 minutes turns the entire game, as well as the concept of the video game as a whole upside down.

RaidenWeb17
11-27-2005, 03:55 AM
I voted for FF8. I couldnt beat Ultimecia on my first playthrough so i waited a few years and went back and finally beat it. The whole time i was fighting Ultimecia i was thinking Meltdown, Aura, Renzokuken, Full Cure, and lots of Zell limit breaks. Since she had a crapload of forms it took we a while and i actually started getting a headache from all the flashing lights. So I guess i really voted for FF8 cause it was the only FF that gave me a headache.

Nightmare X
11-28-2005, 07:09 PM
http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/5772/lastbattle1xx.png

Randgris
12-13-2005, 04:13 AM
I voted for FFX cause you'll battle I think 8 consecutive times before going one on one with Yu Yevon. He's not that hard, but you do have to kill all your aeons (drats, after wasting hours obtaining Anima and the Magus Sisters you'll kill them eventually :mad: ) just to get to him.

Whoa!! :eek:

Who's that? I haven't played other FF's since last vacation here so... I've only finished VII~X so far so I'm not sure who that is. :sweatdrop

blackmage_nuke
12-13-2005, 05:43 AM
FFVI has my favourite set of final bosses, its really artistic, (and it has my second favourite set of final boss music)
I liked the battle with the 3 statues as well, they all looked so cool.

Yuffie514
12-13-2005, 06:00 AM
Final Fantasy VIII's battle with sorceress Ultimecia and the ultimate GF, Griever...the battle of the century, xD. and i'm not talking about one thing, since the music composition added to it.

The legendary Shadow
12-13-2005, 01:08 PM
i love the fight of FFVI,one reason is the cool music:mog:

Shin Gouken
12-13-2005, 01:39 PM
it depends really. i gave ffviii my vote because it was quite hard when i first played, i didnt unlock limit breaks (the dungeon was quite perplexing) and didnt have anyones final weapon. i got by by using triple and casting tornado alot.

ffv is good if you start at the beginning of the cleft of dimension. Its boss after boss including the two optional bosses right up to X-death and Neo X-death. Thats very enjoyable to blitz them all one after the other

ThroneofDravaris
12-13-2005, 03:49 PM
FFIX has the best set of final battles. This is followed by FFVI then FFV.

Christmas
12-13-2005, 03:52 PM

Exactly what I think....

SoulTaker*
12-13-2005, 05:08 PM
I chose FFVIII because the fight with Griever is awesome, and demolishing Ultimecia with lionheart is fun too, but I also like the fight with jecht in X, the otherworld theme playing in the backround was sweet.

Dreddz
12-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Hmmmm, I liked FFIX ..

Aurora_sword
12-13-2005, 05:57 PM
I voted for FFX cause you'll battle I think 8 consecutive times before going one on one with Yu Yevon. He's not that hard, but you do have to kill all your aeons (drats, after wasting hours obtaining Anima and the Magus Sisters you'll kill them eventually :mad: ) just to get to him.

Whoa!! :eek:

Who's that? I haven't played other FF's since last vacation here so... I've only finished VII~X so far so I'm not sure who that is. :sweatdrop

The Famous Kefka from FF6!!

Well i generally dont like final bosses, because that means the game ends there.

FF4 was...wait, I couldnt beat him....besides FF4 is not in the poll ..??

FF5 was, I actually have forgotten, but surely wasnt anything amazing

FF6, havent played to the end

FF7, There's like, nothing, no real good battle

FF8, well typicall FF Final Boss, which is great but.

FF9, Kuja is cool, Necron is well, very hard. Interesting though

FFX, Its amazing, but the last boss is...incredibly pathetic.

FFT, dies after 2 hits, blah

FFT2, Nothing challanging either, I think

well..none I particularly like, but I guess if you count Ultimecia's Castle, FF8 was really cool, plus the ending. FFX too.
i'll vote null!

SoulTaker*
12-13-2005, 06:06 PM
Necron hard? IX was by far the easiest game, I think a 3yr old could beat that game. THe hardest boss in 9 would have to be the first time you fight Beatrix, most people arent prepared the first time through.

Slothy
12-13-2005, 11:48 PM
Necron hard? IX was by far the easiest game, I think a 3yr old could beat that game. THe hardest boss in 9 would have to be the first time you fight Beatrix, most people arent prepared the first time through.

IX was harder than either FFVII or VIII if you ask me, though it's still easier than say FFIV hardtype, or FFV, or pretty much any title that's pre-FFVI. I never found Necron that hard either though. Beat him my first try with little trouble.

Memoria
12-15-2005, 08:43 PM
The hardest I've come across so far is Ex-Death, the friggen tree. Who knew? Still haven't beat him. Runner up for that: Altima. She's... :mad:

Easiest? Chaos on FF1, part of Origins. Because Haste on a level 35 BlackBelt and his attacks. That's why. Runner up on that one: Sephiroth. Because damn, if you can beat him at level 25, he's too easy.

The most fun boss fight I've ever had, though, is Kefka hands down. Him, his statues, his dungeon, all of it. Hard as hell, puzzling, and just plain dizzy... yeah, Kefka!!! YAAAY! ^_^ The ending was worth it, of course. Runner up on most fun? Kuja and his guardians. Then Necron. Maaan, that Necron...

Neco Arc
12-16-2005, 04:21 AM

hands down

DMKA
12-16-2005, 07:34 AM
Yeah, FFVI.

Alexander
12-17-2005, 03:51 PM
I voted on FFIX once again, because I don't really hate one of the bosses at Memoria. In every other game, I seem to hate one of them (FFVIII, and FFTA case I hate almost every boss XD)

BlackRibon
12-18-2005, 01:30 PM
I vote for VIII, first because it was my favorite game ever, and second, because I love staged battles and the sequence Griever-Ultimecia was very good. In a close second comes Neo-X-Death, because he was the hardest of them all! :D

Lord Jaroh
12-26-2005, 06:01 PM
Final Fantasy 4 and Final Fantasy 6 had the coolest bosses, but also the not-quite end boss of Chrono Cross, which had bar none the coolest battle music ever.

KoShiatar
12-26-2005, 08:58 PM
Nightmare X, I love you because I finall found a Goddesses and Kefka sprite image.
If anyone coud find me the Amano designs for that, I'd marry him/her on the spot.