PDA

View Full Version : What Character Did You Use?

raskerino
11-26-2005, 03:17 AM
This goes both for Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross though mainly Cross.

In Chrono Trigger I used Chrono, Frog and Marle. When I got Magus Chrono was gone so he took his place. After reviving Chrono I think I kicked out Marle, and at times when I felt like using another character I used Ayla.

In Chrono Cross I used Serge, Kid and Nikki, then after getting Lynx I used Lynx, Harle and Sprigg. My final party was Serge, Karsh and Fargo.

Who did you use?

The purpose is to get more posts in this slow moving forum, it has to have been done before but hopefully it'll get some posts...

TurkSlayer
11-26-2005, 03:30 AM
I never beat Chrono Trigger (Disk broke) but I had mostly used Chrono, Ayla and Robo/Frog. In Chrono Cross, I used Serge, Glenn, and the dancing girl that works with Nikki. (I forgot the name.)

raskerino
11-26-2005, 03:48 AM
I never beat Chrono Trigger (Disk broke) but I had mostly used Chrono, Ayla and Robo/Frog. In Chrono Cross, I used Serge, Glenn, and the dancing girl that works with Nikki. (I forgot the name.)

That sucks... and the girl's name in Miki I think. I didn't get Glenn in my playthrough as I saved Kid. Is he good?

TurkSlayer
11-26-2005, 03:53 AM
Glenn is excellent. I'd say one of the best myself. And Kid still survives if you don't try to save her, so you can go ahead and get Glenn next time.:D

Sain Cai
11-26-2005, 04:31 AM
In Chrono Trigger I finish off Lavos with Chrono, Magus, and Marle (Chrono and Marle renamed Damon and Kiwi after my kids)

In Chrono Cross, I want to say I had Serge, Glenn and Lynx, but it was so long ago I cannot recollect.

raskerino
11-26-2005, 01:29 PM
You can't have Serge and Lynx at the same time to my knowledge... but I wouldn't know.

Sain Cai
11-26-2005, 01:38 PM
Yeah unfortunately I dont remember. I know I did play as Lynx at one point in the game, and I do recall having both glenn and serge (X-Strike), but I definitely could have been wrong in having Lynx in the final party.

raskerino
11-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Because you get Lynx for a part of the game because Serge looks like him for a while and then you turn back to Serge. So you would have Lynx in your party for a while.

Skarr
11-27-2005, 02:23 AM
In trigger I usually use Crono Lucca and Frog. As for Chross...Serge, Glenn and another person either Kid, Starky, Fargo or Karsh.

Drao
11-30-2005, 09:47 PM
My best final party in Chrono Cross was Serge, Grobyc, and either the mushroom looking dude or Draggy, though I also used the dude that uses a gun as his weapon.

Peter_20
12-01-2005, 10:51 AM
I always thought that the party Crono-Lucca-Frog was excellent, you got some of the best Techs available
(Frog Flare anyone?) as well as all the basic elements.
Well, Ice isn't there, but that's just another form of Water. :)

Behemoth
12-09-2005, 09:21 PM
My favorite party was Crono, Lucca, and Magus. Their single techs (Flare, Dark Matter, Lumina) end up doing more damage than double/triple techs would, since they take the turns of two/three characters and don't do as much as even 3 luminas, which in my experience, has the lowest damage output of the three ultimate techs. Since none of the enemies in the game have a whole lot of HP aside from the right lavos bit, healing seems to take a backseat to damage done. Besides, there's always lapises and megalixers.;)

UWAOOOOU
12-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Lucca Marle and Chrono for me.

Tempest
12-11-2005, 04:19 AM
For Chrono Trigger I always use Crono, Lucca, and Magus or Frog depending on a certain game moment.

For Chrono Cross I always use Karsh, Steena, and either Zoah, Doc, or Riddel.

SoulTaker
12-11-2005, 04:59 AM
Chrono cross or crono crusade?

The Mighty Sabotender
12-11-2005, 12:56 PM
Crono, Lucca, and Frog. Sometimes I would use Magus.

Masamune·1600
12-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Yeah unfortunately I dont remember. I know I did play as Lynx at one point in the game, and I do recall having both glenn and serge (X-Strike), but I definitely could have been wrong in having Lynx in the final party.

Lynx cannot be in the final party, as Serge's form is necessary to access the Frozen Flame. During the magnetic storm, Chronopolis was "shut down," and Serge became the Arbiter of Time when he established a link with the Flame. As a result, FATE could no longer access it. As only the Arbiter could do so, Lynx (the biological interface of FATE) used the Dragon Tear to take on Serge's form and so reach the Flame.

As this is the case, Serge must necessarily recover his own form to reach the Flame. Recall this sequence from the game...

Computer: Fingerprint and retina scan required. Please step inside the circle and
hold up your left hand.

[Serge does so.]

Computer: Analyzing... Please stand by. .........Analysis complete. Fingerprints, retina,
and C class DNA all clear. Data discrepancy due to aging within permissible range. 96%
confirmation that this individual is the last registered arbiter. Access granted. Welcome
back, Chrono Trigger.

(Party Member 1): So that's why!!! So that's why Lynx needed Serge's form!

(Member 2): Lynx must be inside already.

(Member 1): Yes. ...Along with the Frozen Flame.

It's also a necessary part of the plot that Serge take on Lynx's form, so he would have certainly been in your party (or, rather, Serge in Lynx's body) until Serge changed back.

Chrono cross or crono crusade?

The thread initiator stated that preferred parties for both Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross could be listed. Chrono (Chrno) Crusade has nothing to do with either game, is not made by Square Enix, and isn't even a video game--it's a manga series.

In any case, my preferred party in Chrono Trigger shifts between Crono, Frog, Ayla, and Magus. My preferred characters in Chrono Cross include Serge, Glenn, Karsh, Grobyc, and Kid or Fargo.

Crossblades
12-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Chrono, Magus, Frog, ayla, Marle, Lucca, Robo

Everyone basically

totalslayer
12-15-2005, 03:30 AM
i used serge, kid and slash(sprigg's dopplegang)

Bendak
12-16-2005, 01:46 AM
In Chrono Trigger, I liked to use Chrono, Frog, and Magus. Magus was cool lol. Ayla was pretty good too though. In Chrono Cross, I used Serge, Glenn, and Steena

Memoria
12-16-2005, 07:48 PM
Serge cause I had to...

but the other characters I liked having with me were Leena, Glenn, or Kid. I usually circled around with them, also using Draggy, Turnip, NeoFio, and Razzly.

Suikojowy
12-26-2005, 03:52 PM
My main party in Chrono Trigger was...

Crono - Sheer awesomeness
Marle/Robo - I used Marle for haste, but after I got haste helms I replaced her with Robo.
Lucca/Magus - Replaced Lucca with Magus as soon as I got him

Lone Gunman
12-28-2005, 03:51 PM
My characters were mostly Crono, Lucca and Magus. However, I used Ayla rather much, too, because of her strength and powerful techs. Then again, it took me quite some time before I could get either Lucca or Magus, so...

Coop
12-28-2005, 04:04 PM
frist time i ever beat chrono trigger i used crono,marle,lucca but i've restarted it like 9 times useing differt guys each time so i've used them all

Bowser
12-28-2005, 04:38 PM
In CT, I used Marle, Crono, and Frog. Then, when I got Magus, I used Crono, Magus, and Frog. In CC, I used Serge, Skelly, and Harle. When I got Lynx, I used Harle, Lynx/Serge, and Skelly. :cool:

Lord Xehanort
12-29-2005, 11:08 PM
Trigger: Crono, Marle, Third slot altered depending on stage

Cross: Serge, Kid, Glenn Lynx, Harle, Fargo When Harle leaves, i replace her with a Green character. I think it's Glenn, but I don't know if you can have Glenn at that point, in which case it's Karsh.

Patchy
12-31-2005, 08:48 PM
For Chrono Trigger: Crono, Magus and Frog. Total battlefield domination.

Chrono Cross: Serge, Nikki and Radius. Once again, totla battlefield domination.

rubah
12-31-2005, 09:58 PM
I didn't like lucca, robo, or ayla, so I didn't use them hardly at all:] I switched off between glenn, magus, and marle with crono pretty randomly.

Lord Xehanort
12-31-2005, 10:28 PM
I never used Magus, even though I found a chest with a ton of awesome equipment for him... his stats were far lower than the others I had trained up over time.

Of course, I never beat that game... the final Lavos beat me to a bloody, mangled pulp. Damn dog in a space suit.

raskerino
01-04-2006, 02:55 AM
I beat Lavos first try, he wasn't the easiest thing but the combo of Luminaire and Dark Matter damaged too much for him. I think I had frog on defense, ready to heal but also add some damage with (I think) leap slashes. A few megaelixirs if that's what they're called in CT) don't hurt either as going through the black omen (multiple times) helps pick up a few sweet items.

Sarah Shirato
01-16-2006, 07:33 AM
In Chrono Trigger,I Used Magus,Lucca andMarle(Because of thier Tripple Tech) sometime Chrono and Frong too..

In Chrono Cross,I used Serge,Kid and Guile But when it become to the part Serge becomes Lynx,I used Lynx,Norris and Karsh!:eek: :D :mog: ;)

Mo-Nercy
01-16-2006, 10:38 AM
It didn't matter to me who I use in my party for CT. I have so many MegaElixirs (Charming those snake things on the Black Omen) that I don't need to give a crap about healing. So my character's would pretty much change around depending on my mood.

My favourites were Magus, Crono and Ayla so they often ended up as my main party.

NetOwl
01-17-2006, 07:47 PM
At lower levels, I would use Crono, Lucca, and Marle, since Marle could revive people killed by Lavos's big damage attacks, and she can do Antipode 3 with Lucca. Once I get Flare and a Gold Stud for Lucca, no double or triple tech other than Antipode is still worthwhile. Crono can slice everyone up with his Rainbow Sword, and he gets criticals without the Hero Medal. Frog would be better if I didn't have to waste his accessory slot just so he can do decent melee damage.

If I need to trade someone in, or if I need someone who can hit single targets hard (for instance, while fighting Lavos Spawn), I go with Ayla at low levels and Robo--boosted with Speed Tabs--at high levels. Robo gets all of my Speed Tabs once I max Lucca out.

I usually kill Magus. His physical attacks are worthless, I can get better magic out of Lucca, and he can't heal.

Katesith
01-21-2006, 12:44 AM
I used Chrono, Lucca, and Frog:choc: :choc2:

NeoCracker
01-22-2006, 06:41 AM
CT: Chrono, Magus, MArle.
CC: Serge, Grobyc, Starky. Starky Rocks man.

yuno
01-22-2006, 04:43 PM
for trigger,my party is crono marle ayla.final kick is one of the ultimate attacks with one target,btw (along with gatling kick,which does basically the same damage).you also get aura whirl (good,unless compared with slurp kiss of course) and double charm.

for cross,my party is serge kid sprigg.yes,sprigg (what the heck?).sprigg has slash dopplegang,and i just love that z-slash triple tech.

Auragaea
01-25-2006, 12:21 PM
For Trigger, I always rotated the characters after each boss fight, so I could experience all they had to give. In Cross, I did the same thing, but my final party was either Serge, Glenn, and Kid for storyline or Serge, Glenn, and Riddel for effectiveness.

Discord
01-25-2006, 02:14 PM
CT: Robo, Chrono, Glenn.
CC: Serge, Gil, Karsh, Kid, Riddel.

yunafan11
01-26-2006, 06:48 PM
In Chrono Trigger,I Used Magus,Lucca andMarle(Because of thier Tripple Tech) sometime Chrono and Frong too..

In Chrono Cross,I used Serge,Kid and Guile But when it become to the part Serge becomes Lynx,I used Lynx,Norris and Karsh!:eek: :D :mog: ;)

same here.

Flake
01-30-2006, 03:11 AM
In chrono trigger I used Crono,FROG and Ayla.
Excelent team IMO :)
In cross I used Serj,Gleen and Grobyc :P

raskerino
01-30-2006, 03:13 AM
I just played through CT and used Chrono, Frog and Ayla as well. Slurp Kiss easily covers the healing and they have a truly awesome set of double techs and some good single techs.

Flake
01-31-2006, 06:05 AM
And you have to admit the triple tech 3D attack was a pretty powerful move for Crono,Frog and Ayla :thumb:

raskerino
01-31-2006, 09:54 PM
It was good, but I found the best Frog/Ayla double tech and Chrono doing a single tech or attack did far more damage. 3D Attack did about 4200 for me while the double did 3100 and Chrono could do 2400 easily with confuse and more with Luminaire (while hitting all enemies).