PDA

View Full Version : Aeon Strengths: How do they transform into what they are?

Sain Cai
11-26-2005, 04:00 AM
I have always wondered how the fayth transformed into the Aeons the represent. For exanmple, one may deem yojimbo appropriate, yet how does a lil kid transform into a fearsome beast? Or Anima?

boys from the dwarf
11-26-2005, 01:13 PM
magic and lots of it.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-26-2005, 01:24 PM
This is my theory, far-fetched maybe but still..
People become fayth when their sould are extracted by Yunalesca, right..? What if their sould are restricted in some way when they are in the body. When they are removed from the body they change to reflect the persons feelings etc.
For example, Seymour's mother in the Anime Fayth. She feels pain and guilt because of what Seymour became. this is reflected in the Aeon, Anima's apperance.

Little Blue
11-26-2005, 01:41 PM
This is my theory, far-fetched maybe but still..
People become fayth when their sould are extracted by Yunalesca, right..? What if their sould are restricted in some way when they are in the body. When they are removed from the body they change to reflect the persons feelings etc.
For example, Seymour's mother in the Anime Fayth. She feels pain and guilt because of what Seymour became. this is reflected in the Aeon, Anima's apperance.
I dont think that yunalesca had anything to do with creating the fayth, except for that for the final aeon, but i agree with the rest of you're theory, when peoples bodies are turned into the statue of the fayth, their souls are trapped inside forever dreaming until called by a summoner when their feeling and thoughts take on a physical form for the duration of the summon.

What i've never understood is why no-one created more fayths before or after the defeat of Sin(but i suppose after the defeat of sin, aeons we not really needed anymore... and beside, who would wnt to become a fayth after sins death anyway?), or how peopls souls were trapped in statues in the first place...

Christmas
11-26-2005, 01:45 PM
Auron:A fayth. They join with a summoner, and together receive the
aeon. They are human souls, imprisoned in stone by ancient Yevon rites.

This is taken from Auron on the defintion of Fayth. They are souls of the dead as stated above.

Lulu: Now they live forever trapped in statues. But when a summoner beckons, the souls of the fayth emerge once again. That's what we call an aeon.

This is what happen when a summoner call upon an aeon.

An aeon appearance/strength is usually determine reflect on a person feelings as such. Like the Final Aeon is powerful because it has strong feelings for the summoner since it was her/his ex-guardian usually.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-26-2005, 03:31 PM
What i've never understood is why no-one created more fayths before or after the defeat of Sin(but i suppose after the defeat of sin, aeons we not really needed anymore... and beside, who would wnt to become a fayth after sins death anyway?), or how peopls souls were trapped in statues in the first place...

Lulu: "The Fayth are people who gave their lives to battle sin."

Basically this means that the Fayth only existed to destroy Sin. They dissapeared after Sin was defeated by Yuna, so it would not be possible to create more fayth. pointless too..

Christmas
11-26-2005, 03:39 PM

Basically this means that the Fayth only existed to destroy Sin. They dissapeared after Sin was defeated by Yuna, so it would not be possible to create more fayth. pointless too..

This is said when they had no idea how corrupted Yevon is about and this is what Yevon tell them. If that is the case, then the fayth that dreamed/summoned Dream Zanarkand cannot come about.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-26-2005, 03:43 PM
This is said when they had no idea how corrupted Yevon is about and this is what Yevon tell them. If that is the case, then the fayth that dreamed Dream Zanarkand cannot come about.

Touche...Very Good point...

Little Blue
11-26-2005, 04:42 PM

Basically this means that the Fayth only existed to destroy Sin. They dissapeared after Sin was defeated by Yuna, so it would not be possible to create more fayth. pointless too..This is said when they had no idea how corrupted Yevon is about and this is what Yevon tell them. If that is the case, then the fayth that dreamed/summoned Dream Zanarkand cannot come about.
Also (possibly refrence X-2) it is known that summoning was widespread pre-Sin, ie when Zanarkand was flourishing before and during the machina war, so i assume they had to have fayth back then as well

boys from the dwarf
11-27-2005, 08:40 AM
just like i said! magic!

Fireblade13
11-28-2005, 08:39 PM
Yes soul power!
I would so be a ifrit with smaller muscles a peronality aand a b@d@$$ blade

Markus. D
12-03-2005, 04:06 AM
Yunalesca is only related to aeons being a final trial to those who wish to activate a final aeon.

i think somewhere in FFX it says that: Aeons are Avatars of the fayth, the way these Avatars come to look how they do, is the personality and thoughts of the fayth before it lost its life to Sin... blah blah blah etc......

edit: dont include the blah blah blah etc part.