PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Dragoon.....

Dimension-Slash-Blade
11-26-2005, 03:20 PM
Ok who plays this?

I personally love this game, my favorite RPG =) If only all my disks worked correctly! >.<

Anyway >_____> My favorite character is meru, her dragoon powers are useful and I like her additions, they keep me paying attention to the battle since they are so fast.

Dreddz
11-26-2005, 07:24 PM
Ok game, Havent beaten it yet, mainly cause I got Xenogears while i was playing and started playing that.
This game dosent deserve all the abuse it gets......

raskerino
11-26-2005, 07:34 PM
Got to the fourth disk without much trouble, it was okay-good but I din't know where to go in the desert. And the game didn't have enough interest for me to feel like spending more time on it so I stopped. It had characters with weak backstories except Rose, but nothing that interested me (I liked Haschel). The story was fine, but again didn't interest me. The gameplay was a really neat idea, but once again... didn't interest me. Some time I should go beat it, but I probably never will. Not a bad game but bot very strong either. I think the thing that out me off most though was weak characters because the other stuff wasn't great but it wasn't good. The characters lacked character... making it hard to play.

kikimm
11-26-2005, 11:30 PM
Oh man. I've already detailed in at least 3 threads how much and why I hate this game so I'm not going to do it again here. But yeah, I can't stand it. =/ Aside from the battle system, which was great.

Although I am glad that it does get some love. After seeing so many people bash it, it kind of makes me feel sorry for the game.

Dreddz
11-26-2005, 11:32 PM
theres alot more worse RPG's, why does this one get hated by so many .....much much more ...

Cruise Control
11-27-2005, 12:09 AM
I love it *blazing dynamo*

I've also found the greatest money trick ever.

Venom
11-27-2005, 12:18 AM
I love that game! Ive beaten it more times than I can count!

Lloyd owns lavitz

Markus. D
11-27-2005, 02:22 AM
this game is simply brilliant.

i like the twists in the story, because nothing seems to be sudden, the creators took the time to build up to them, which i think is quite hard to create and in which the final fantasy games fail again and again in.

best RPG ever.

Tidus Andronicus
11-27-2005, 03:00 AM
I think LoD was the 2nd RPG I ever played... either that or Chrono Cross (first was FF8) XD.

Anyway, Legend of Dragoon! =3 While it was regarded by a lot of gamers as 'average'... I thought it was a great game, mostly because of the story, and the coolness of transforming into a Dragoon. The prerendered backgrounds in a lot of the towns, were simply beautiful, detailed and colorful! If you haven't played this game cause of bad reviews, I suggest you do! (even if you play the whole game with a god mode cheat, its worth it for the art and the story.) ^_~

Back when I bought the game, Sony had set up a viral marketing website for it... Kind of like the site out there (somewhere) for Shadow of the Collosis... It was an awesome site, they made it look like a arcelogical exivation site, and had videos of them digging up skeleton remains of winged men! And it was pretty beleiveable... at least to me.

(god my spelling sucks, i miss the spell check feature XD)

dragoonknight_kain
11-27-2005, 03:03 AM
This is my favorite game. It has awesome characters, with loads of backstory (Miranda story is great, Rose's is also very good, Haschel's, Kongol's..... I mean, no character was neglected). Even on the last dungeon the game doesn't stop giving information. The battle system is great( although the dragoons are kind of weak, when u get all the last additions on the last level).

The little flaws are that stupid dotted line on the world map, and it could have a bit more extras.

The Dagon Campaign story is great. And this game has the best FMVs on the playstation. And the cities.... they're biiiiiiiiigggggggggg...

And, just to finish, Rose is my favorite character of any other RPG, whereas Shana is the worst character ever! Worse than Rinoa...

Lord Chainsaw
11-27-2005, 03:20 AM
Legend of Dragoon is an excellent game. The greatest aspect of the game is by far the environments. I've never played an RPG that matches how incredibly unique and beautiful the Legend of Dragoon settings are.

Xaven
11-27-2005, 05:49 AM
This was second RPG to FFVIII. Gawd, I loved it! I've only been able to push myself through once, though. The voice acting was very good aside from mouth movement in the FMV's and some other timing and clarity issues. However, my feelings toward this game are probably totally biased considering it was my first RPG and I didn't know any better.

The Legend of Dragoon got me addicted to Meru for a few months. Fun times...
Me--> "MeruMeruMeruMeruMeruMeruMeruMeruMeruMeruMeruMeruMeruMeruMeruMeru..." You get the picture. :D

ffxfreak93
11-27-2005, 06:11 AM
its sad how lavitz dies ......he's one of my favorite charactres @#!$&*^ LOYD!!!!!!!

I HATE YOU!!!(talking to loyd) *draws fan art of loyd getting bruttaly murdered*

Markus. D
12-01-2005, 03:28 AM
i preffered King Albert in place of Lavits, he said additions with more zing :P

edit: My faveorite characters were (in order):
1. Shana - Because her power linked with the moon I found was really controversial and it made me think...
2. Rose - She had the most awesome history and her whole attitude towards her friends made the game much more fun.
3. King Albert - It was a suprisingly refreshing change from Lavits and his almighty "Im going in!" personallity, Albert was alot more reserved which I found a brilliant input.
4. Lenos - Yeeesh, funnest boss battles with her and her Dragoon, shes so cool how she fights aswell.
5. Virage - Again, most awe inspiring boss fights in a game I have ever had, its the only boss to ever do that to me. and its involvement with the winglie war thing was neat :)

BlackRibon
12-01-2005, 11:43 AM
It's a very nice game, i loved it, the story was nice and all, but that won't even come close of one final fantasy (with exception of X-2).

Markus. D
12-02-2005, 07:31 AM
it doesnt not come close cause it surpasses it.

Samuraid
12-02-2005, 07:34 AM
I have the game sitting at my parents house, unopened. Still haven't found the extra time to start playing it.

Behold the Void
12-02-2005, 03:54 PM
I picked up the game awhile back, but it's scratched to hell so the first battle just keeps spinning without characters appearing.

I'm going to get it buffed and have another go at it. It looks interesting from what I've seen.

dragoonknight_kain
12-03-2005, 02:50 AM
it doesnt not come close cause it surpasses it.

Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOD is the best RPG ever!!!

Markus. D
12-03-2005, 03:46 AM

Roto13
12-03-2005, 05:08 AM
Ugh. I'm unimpressed by this game. I also got bored out of my mind in the desert, so I stopped.

ffxfreak93
12-03-2005, 05:46 AM
king albert 's a douchebag(bear in mind i'm not insulting anyone in here)

princess_yunie_10
12-03-2005, 06:26 AM
This game is my second favorite RPG!My favorite characters were Albert and Rose.(My 1st favorite is FFX!)

xtreme112
12-03-2005, 07:12 AM
its sad how lavitz dies ......he's one of my favorite charactres @#!$&*^ LOYD!!!!!!!

I HATE YOU!!!(talking to loyd) *draws fan art of loyd getting bruttaly murdered*

AGREED!!!!!!!!

LOD was a great game! I liked the story line, it was new and kept me very interested
The fights were fantastic!!!! The time, precision, originality, stratergy base, dragoon system, it totally rocked
and as well as all that the characters were awesome too, Lavitz so totally rocked
Only thing is I never managed to beat dragoon Lloyd, I tried for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever, but I never managed, if anyone has any stratergies, it would be greatly appreciated ^_^

Lord Chainsaw
12-03-2005, 07:39 AM
I never thought Dragoon Lloyd was meant to give problems. If you were good enough to beat Lenus, The Grand Jewel and the Divine Dragon, Lloyd should pose no threat.

Best thing to remember is not to use Dragoons on him because he has the Dragon Buster sword. I'm not familiar with Kongol, Haschel, or Shana as party members, as I never used them. My main party when I play is either "Dart, Albert and Meru" or "Dart, Albert and Rose". Dart should Final Burst occasionally, but never ever summon the Red Dragon. No one should ever summon their Dragon, period. Meru has the wonderful party-wide recovery rainbow as a Dragoon, so I'd recommend using her.

I wouldn't recommend taking in Rose and Meru together. Lloyd has that one very powerful attack that puts your character in a dome and does massive damage. You're going to need two characters with a lot of HP, meaning you're going to need to take Dart, and either Albert, Kongol, or Haschel. I take Albert because his Invulnerability spell is the most valuable spell in the entire game.

I'm not sure if you can return to Kadessa (the place where you got the wand and fought the Grand Jewel) but if you can, there's a healing circle there. You can stand around it and fight those peon robots to level up your additions. Legend of Dragoon is not a game about experience levels (as those mostly come from bosses), it's a game about addition levels and skill with the additions.

There's really no extra strategy for Lloyd. If you're having problems with Crush Dance, or Blazing Dynamo, or whatever high level addition you're using, just switch back to Volcano for the boss fight. It's easy and does massive damage. It might not give a lot of SP, but you'll be doing more damage with repeated Volcanos than you would be doing with missed additions and the occasional Final Burst anyway.

princess_yunie_10
12-03-2005, 07:41 AM
Lloyd, in short, is a bully. He has dangerous attacks that can kill you in one hit, and his Dragon Buster Sword can kill Dragoons in one hit, so be sure not to be a Dragoon for very long. He has a mean magic attack that hits everyone in your party. Lloyd can also avoid you attacks,really annoying. Try to take along some healing items that cure your entire party since it'll save you time and more often Lloyd can and will attack the entire party.Use your strongest Additions!

If you are still playing the game,I hope it helps,but by the way you said it,it sounded like you quit...If not sorry!

Mittopotahis
12-03-2005, 12:06 PM

agreed.

If anyone is willing to sell theirs to me :rolleyes2 :greenie: :rolleyes2 :greenie: :rolleyes2 :greenie: :rolleyes2 :greenie: :rolleyes2 :greenie:

I didn't know which one to pick.

raskerino
12-03-2005, 06:14 PM
I picked up the game awhile back, but it's scratched to hell so the first battle just keeps spinning without characters appearing.

Exact same thing happened to me, so I bought it again, don't think it was worth it...

Ugh. I'm unimpressed by this game. I also got bored out of my mind in the desert, so I stopped.

That's when I stopped too.

Reasons I don't like this game much:

1. I didn't feel like there were many interesting plot threads if any.

2. The timing for me was terrible, the storyling of the entire first disk was boring nad uninteresting (battle system kept me playing).

3. I loved the battle system for the first two disks. Then I got less interested in it and had moree trouble making myself play this game.

4. Very dull characters, there was an incredibly small amount of character in my eyes, rose was survivably as was Haschel and Meru and maybe the king guy but no one else came near reaching a point of any decency. I also thought the backstories weren't well done except for Rose. For example Dart had his parents killed by the black monster... a backstory I found so bad that I wished there hadn't been any backstory for him because then it wouldn't have been a huge disappointment.

5. The graphics to this game were strong but uninteresting.

This game felt uninspired and dull. I liked it more than I give the impression of as the story was okay-good, but no better. Rose was a decent character and the battle system was an excellent idea and good in practice. The graphics were good though not something I liked.

ffxfreak93
12-03-2005, 07:12 PM
http://www.dragon-nights.de/lavitz.jpg

Lord Chainsaw
12-03-2005, 07:51 PM
4. Very dull characters, there was an incredibly small amount of character in my eyes, rose was survivably as was Haschel and Meru and maybe the king guy but no one else came near reaching a point of any decency. I also thought the backstories weren't well done except for Rose. For example Dart had his parents killed by the black monster... a backstory I found so bad that I wished there hadn't been any backstory for him because then it wouldn't have been a huge disappointment.

Dart's past and the slaughter of Neet do seem corny for the first half of the game. If you ever decide to pick the game up again and play to the end of the 3rd disc, you'll find out there's actually a fairly nice plot point behind this that goes beyond a random massacre by demons or a bandit.

The plot does seem bland at the beginning, you're right. But if you can pass through the filler of the first two disks to the Crystal Palace of Deningrand, things start to shape up. As complex as the plot gets, you still probably won't like it. The themes it deals with just aren't fleshed out well enough in the context of the story to provide an engaging storytelling experience. It's still a pretty in depth plot though. I'd rather rely on the locations of the game to hold my interest.

raskerino
12-03-2005, 08:32 PM
I played to the fourth disk, I still found it very weak, but meh. And I did see some of the story, not all as I stopped at the desert but it didn't interest me enough. I think I should finish it because the story had been improving and I like knowing I've beaten in a game vs. the feeling of having left it on the fourth disk. But the desert was so, so, so annoying and when I read a walkthrough I never knew what point I was at so I couldn't use it without actually testing stuff which just wasn't interesting enough. Also getting good at additions again might be hard I don't know.

BTW if you equip I think it's called the talisman or something that you have one or more of probably that stops death you can equip it and beast on Lloyd. You become a dragoon, he does his one hit kill and wastes a turn because it doesn't work. This allows you to use a dragoon and make him waste 5 turns. Sinchy fight if you're willing to use this cheap strat.

Markus. D
12-03-2005, 11:09 PM
yes, never judge a game if you havent played right through it.

wait.... are you the same guy that said devil may cry 3 sucked because it took place in a city and no castle "like" building?

Celtic Commando
12-03-2005, 11:15 PM
I love LOD!!!! The bad thing is, I never got a chance to buy it, and have borrowed it from my freind on numerous occasions. . . .. . . .

raskerino
12-03-2005, 11:40 PM
yes, never judge a game if you havent played right through it.

wait.... are you the same guy that said devil may cry 3 sucked because it took place in a city and no castle "like" building?

If you're talking to me what your saying doesn't make sense. To answer your second question, no.

To respond to your first point, that makes no sense. A games ending can redeem it somewhat but if the opening sucks then the opening will still suck. The value of something can be seen better through what comes later, but it was still terrible when you saw it. If you play twenty minutes of a game and say it sucked you don't give it much of a chance but it still was terrible for those twenty minutes. I played 3/4s of the game and it was okay. If the rest of the game is great that doesn't change the fact that earlier was weak. If the game stops me from wanting to play it it's not some alien stopping me it's the game not being good in my eyes. The argument you're using doesn't work- I can judge 3/4 of the game, and it stopped me from playing the rest- making the rest unimportant. Your argument doesn't work, you can argue that I'm not judging the whole game. But saying I can't judge it clearly makes no sense.

Sorry if this is mean but that argument is over used and doesn't work. It says a little but not much, and if you want to defend a game you should defend it with something better then that.

Edit2: Owned.

xtreme112
12-04-2005, 12:17 AM
thanks for the advice on the lloyd battle, when I get the chance I'm gonna play through it and keep in mind

Venom
12-04-2005, 12:18 AM
I think Legend of Dragoon should have a sequal:D

Lord Chainsaw
12-04-2005, 01:07 AM
A prequel would also work. It would be interesting to take part in the liberation war with Zieg and Melbu. I'd guess the land of the past with the wingly empire would have some pretty neat locations.

Venom
12-04-2005, 03:04 AM
only if rose takes her clothes off.

ffxfreak93
12-04-2005, 08:28 PM
l o l

*Nani*
12-04-2005, 11:26 PM
LOD was the second (RPG) game I played after FF8 and I did like it a lot. I havent finished Im just in disk 2 but what surpasses a good quantity of Final Fantasies is the quality of the landscapes and soundtracks. The opening song is beautiful. Its not my favourite game ever but it is really worth trying it, though its nothing impressive.

Dimension-Slash-Blade
12-09-2005, 09:43 AM
I'm glad so many people like this.

No offense to anyone but if your going to come here and say how boring and stupid you think this game is don't bother replying at all, everyone could do without your negativity and if I recall correctly I never asked if you hated it, so there you go.

Venom
12-09-2005, 10:49 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/legendofdragoon/index.html?q=legend%20of%20dragoon

This review is such bull.

lotink0
12-13-2005, 05:56 PM
well i likede the game bu i never hads time to play it. oh one question i wish to have a FFX type picture at the bottom could one of you please send me one. and oh a cool FF any type top left pic so my thing dosen't look small and overlook. but LOD is a great game if i can get into it:moomba:

Markus. D
12-14-2005, 12:23 AM
If you're talking to me what your saying doesn't make sense. To answer your second question, no.

To respond to your first point, that makes no sense. A games ending can redeem it somewhat but if the opening sucks then the opening will still suck. The value of something can be seen better through what comes later, but it was still terrible when you saw it. If you play twenty minutes of a game and say it sucked you don't give it much of a chance but it still was terrible for those twenty minutes. I played 3/4s of the game and it was okay. If the rest of the game is great that doesn't change the fact that earlier was weak. If the game stops me from wanting to play it it's not some alien stopping me it's the game not being good in my eyes. The argument you're using doesn't work- I can judge 3/4 of the game, and it stopped me from playing the rest- making the rest unimportant. Your argument doesn't work, you can argue that I'm not judging the whole game. But saying I can't judge it clearly makes no sense.

Sorry if this is mean but that argument is over used and doesn't work. It says a little but not much, and if you want to defend a game you should defend it with something better then that.

Edit2: Owned.

i actually cant remember if it was towards you or someone else.

~SapphireStar~
12-16-2005, 03:03 PM
I aodre this game, the plot, the music, the characters, the battle system ... GOD! Its amazing! I really do love the game that much :D

princess_yunie_10
12-17-2005, 09:55 AM
Yes, it is an awsome game!

Venom
12-17-2005, 02:55 PM
I wish they made an enchaned version of it, like improved the graphics and everything, then It would be the awesomiest game ever.

princess_yunie_10
12-18-2005, 06:51 AM
Yeah,it would be really awsome if they did!

~SapphireStar~
12-18-2005, 03:29 PM
Nah, I think it should be left the way it is. I think graphics, no matter how out dated they are, give the game tis charm.

X-Dragon
12-20-2005, 01:15 PM
They should come out with a sequel

dragoonknight_kain
12-22-2005, 03:19 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/legendofdragoon/index.html?q=legend%20of%20dragoon

Yup. This review is crap. No one should waste their time reading it. You can see that whoever wrote that only played through the first disk.

Funny thing. I played this game for 78 hours, and got all the additions on the last level, which means I fought a lot. And I just can't remember defending that much, as the stupid author said on the review.... jerk.

raskerino
12-22-2005, 04:13 AM
i actually cant remember if it was towards you or someone else.

It's still a bad argument...

And I like games how they are, it gives a style to it. On the other hand there are a lot of games I'd like to see a remake of, as long as somehow it didn't slow down other projects. If they canceled the desert that I got too bored of too pass in the remake then I might well try it out, thought I'm not sure if I could get that far while I find it dull.

Markus. D
12-22-2005, 06:41 AM
Yup. This review is crap. No one should waste their time reading it. You can see that whoever wrote that only played through the first disk.

Funny thing. I played this game for 78 hours, and got all the additions on the last level, which means I fought a lot. And I just can't remember defending that much, as the stupid author said on the review.... jerk.

i will... never read any gamespot reviews and trust them... ever again.....

Black Mage
12-22-2005, 07:22 AM

You're right, they gave it a 6.4, but they still said it was "fair."

Markus. D
12-22-2005, 08:53 AM
they went into playing thinking about power ranger spinnoffs.

they are... idiots.....

~SapphireStar~
12-23-2005, 05:00 PM
No way! 6. bleeding 4! Twats, did they even play the game?!
Peter Bartholow should be shot.

Dreddz
12-23-2005, 09:07 PM
Ive seen worse.......

Venom
12-23-2005, 09:10 PM
You're right, they gave it a 6.4, but they still said it was "fair."

"fair" Is still considered bad however.:(

Black Mage
12-23-2005, 10:18 PM
"fair" Is still considered bad however.:(

What I meant was that "Fair" was being generous.