PDA

View Full Version : Defeating the Seal Guardians

twig16
11-26-2005, 06:09 PM
These are kicking my @ss. I was told to use Golem first off. I don't have the summon for him. I was told I could buy it in Jidoor. I have been unable to find it. Any ideas where it is or a better way to defeat the Seal Guardians?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rubah
11-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Golem is on a mountain isn't he?

twig16
11-26-2005, 07:10 PM
I was never able to obtain the summon from Golem when I was on the mountain. The guide I'm using says that the summon can be purchased for 20,000 gil in Jidoor. Where is Jidoor and can it be purchased? If not I may have to go back to the dragon mountain and try to get it in battle. Unless I can find another way to defeat the Seal Guardians.
Rick

Slothy
11-26-2005, 08:19 PM
The guide I'm using says that the summon can be purchased for 20,000 gil in Jidoor. Where is Jidoor and can it be purchased? If not I may have to go back to the dragon mountain and try to get it in battle. Unless I can find another way to defeat the Seal Guardians.
Rick

I'm assuming you are using the FF Anthology guide which provides info for FFV and VI. Jidoor is a town in FFVI, and he can be purchased there in that game. You're stuck going back to that mountain but it's well worth it. Golem is a really good summon to have.

eestlinc
11-26-2005, 08:41 PM
by the seal guardians do you mean the two gargoyles you have to fight at each seal? Just use coin toss on them a couple times since you have to kill them simultaneously.

twig16
11-26-2005, 08:52 PM
I am using the FF Anthology.
By Seal Guardians, I mean the four crystals I have to fight in Moore Forest. I found that I have 1 Golem in my items. I assume I can only use it one and it's not the same as the Summon.
Need help in defeating the four bosses.

rubah
11-26-2005, 09:22 PM
Oh. Use the Golem item and you'll be able to summon him.

Shin Gouken
11-26-2005, 09:28 PM
By Seal Guardians, I mean the four crystals I have to fight in Moore Forest. I found that I have 1 Golem in my items. I assume I can only use it one and it's not the same as the Summon.

Use the item to initiate golem and you will be able to summon him from there on. concentrate on killing one segment at a time. when one reaches low health they will start to use their deadly skill on you. all characters in the back row with golem summoned will keep you alive. cast float on your party before the battle starts to protect from one segments earthquake attack. cast reflect on your characters to protect from ones aero3 attack and anothers fire attack. then all you have to do is survive aquarake from the other, shell will protect you from half its damage.

golem will absorb all their physical attacks and will stay active for longer if you are in the back row with all heavy armour and shields equiped. because you are safe from their physical attacks, cast all your preotective magic before you begin attacking. then you will be safe from their skills

edit: use the golem item outside of battle

Bowser
11-26-2005, 11:46 PM
Like eest said, all you need is some extra money and the !Gtoss ability, and they die quickly.

Crossblades
11-27-2005, 12:02 AM
Yeah. Or you don't want to waste gil, repeatedly summon Titan

eestlinc
11-27-2005, 12:05 AM
well, same difference. gil toss is your friend.

Shin Gouken
11-27-2005, 12:15 AM
Yeah. Or you don't want to waste gil, repeatedly summon Titan

that can be dangerous. it could result in three of the segments pulling out there deadly skills at once.

$toss is cheap you cheap b*stards :mad2:

Super856
11-28-2005, 07:36 AM
GP Toss sucks! It is a total waste of GP and the only time you should really use it is in the N-Zoneas it works well there. I have had the weirdest history in FFV for the Sealed Creatures.

The first and second time playing I killed them easily.

The third and fourth time I found them very hard.

The fifth time you couldn't even classify them as a 'boss'.

And the sixth time (still going through the game) I think I was just about to destroy FFV because it had been two hours straight and they kept killing me. I recommend having a party similar to this. Click here... (http://www.freewebs.com/super658/FFV%20-%20Sealed%20Creatures.ppt)yes there.

On the same link I tell of how to defeat them (duh)...

Duncan
11-29-2005, 05:49 AM
That was a lovely presentation. You have way too much time on your hands if you are making powerpoint presentation about how to defeat the seal guardians ;)

ThroneofDravaris
11-29-2005, 05:55 AM
$toss is cheap you cheap b*stards :mad2:
If they didn’t want us to use it, they would have made the ability harder to obtain.

Shin Gouken
11-29-2005, 02:25 PM
If they didn’t want us to use it, they would have made the ability harder to obtain.

$toss is like choosing the easy difficulty setting in a game. nobody thinks your good if you beat a game on the easy difficulty mode

ThroneofDravaris
11-29-2005, 03:54 PM
It doesn't make it THAT much easier.

Shin Gouken
11-29-2005, 04:00 PM
It doesn't make it THAT much easier.

O rly? can you think of bosses that this kills in one shot? Pyuroboros! Any multi-segment boss will be destroyed by it, including stalker, neregied phobos and toraiten, and necrephobe. elderly tree gaurdian and neo x-death. shall i go on?

ThroneofDravaris
11-29-2005, 04:15 PM
There are other abilities, such as X-attack, that make the game just as easy. And there is a serious downside to using GP Rain. It could really screw you over down the track if you use it too much.

Shin Gouken
11-29-2005, 04:34 PM
There are other abilities, such as X-attack, that make the game just as easy. And there is a serious downside to using GP Rain. It could really screw you over down the track if you use it too much.

you need to rack up some 600 ability points before you can use Sshot and even then its only especially usefull if you combine it with 2-swords, time magic or sword magic.

and Shot is useless against neo x-death and hugely decreases in usefullness against multi-target bosses

$toss is readily available and primarily used for bosses that are too "difficult" to defeat on your own merits

ThroneofDravaris
11-29-2005, 04:38 PM
Meh, even if you do whore GP Rain, FFV is still harder than all but the first 3 FF games.

Shin Gouken
11-29-2005, 04:47 PM
:P i respect that point of view. but i never found it very hard tbh. but although ive never played ff 1-3 i know how hard leveling up can be (gotta beat yourself in the face right?) ffv can be destroyed on level 40 including all side quests and optional bosses (but i hope to improve that soon) thats probabley why im so against $toss