PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360

Moshenokoji
11-26-2005, 07:58 PM
you guys should read this one, i got this from gamespot.com

"The popular online game first appeared on the PC and the PlayStation 2 and made significant inroads with console players who managed to overcome their uneasiness about PC-style massively multiplayer games due to their love of the Final Fantasy series. Though the game lacks concrete Xbox 360-exclusive content at the moment, it still manages to offer tangible visual improvements thanks to its higher detail and graphical resolution."

X-Box 360 exclusive content my ass. How can they give the X-Box 360 exclusive content for this game? just because it's a 360? it plays with PC and PS2 users! I hope Microsoft doesn't try to get exclusive content just because they're Microsoft, that'd be a load of bull. I have nothing against Final Fantasy XI being on the 360, I just don't think it should get exclusive cotent.

If anyone is interested in reading the article it can be found here
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/finalfantasy11/news.html?sid=6135063&mode=previews

Rostum
11-26-2005, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I'd hope that I wouldn't miss out on anything, just for the sheer fact that I don't want to spend my money on a Xbox360.

I doubt they will do anything like that, though.

xtreme112
11-26-2005, 10:01 PM
Its gotta be a load of garbage, no way will xbox 360 get exclusive hold over it.

here's something a friend told me;
If you open the ps2 and look in the back of it, there's a big empty space. Sony created a harddrive for that. If sony are gonna go out of their way to add a hard drive for the ps2 and for ffxi there's no way they'll let ffxi slide over to xbox

that what irritates me! Xbox are so unoriginal. They have only a handful of decent games that only belong to them! Final Fantasy has been with the PS since 7, so why should it get the chance of getting it on it's system!? We the loyal gaming fans have supported final fantasy and PS and I can't stand the fact that Bill Gates is buying his way around the market. Has anyone else noticed that most of their games came from original PS or PS2 games? One of their only fighting style games 'Dead or Alive' was a PS game (it wasnt even one of their best) but they stole it and flogged it to death!
There was even word of the whole final fantasy series going to xbox, so where does that leave us? does that mean all the loyal ff gamers have to go out and buy an xbox360 just so we can continue our FF fan run? Its rediculous! *curses Bill Gates and Xbox*

Moshenokoji
11-26-2005, 11:53 PM
I concur, i hope it stays Sony.

Markus. D
11-26-2005, 11:56 PM
nope... its really being made for the 360 (read myself on there official square enix site).

but yeah, thats really all the new xbox is, re-made games with prettied up graphics, there trying to ruin the concept of gameing.

Lionx
11-27-2005, 01:18 AM
If anything i hope SE goes back to Nintendo if they do go anywhere, if they go Xbox exclusive goddamnit man..even though i dont quite like Sony's Market approach i rather have Sony or Nintendo to take SE rather than Xbox of ALL consoles...

The only difference is just more Drawline or something like that..less pop ups...nothing huge.

Germ Hamee
11-27-2005, 04:52 AM
...I don't see how it's possible to have any "exclusive content" for FFXI. It's an on-line game. Everything is shared. The most I can see happening is a plush Moogle, or soundtrack or something.

Erdrick Holmes
11-27-2005, 04:59 AM
Probably different looking graphics. What you seen the 360 may look alot better than what they see on a PS2.

Lionx
11-27-2005, 05:58 AM
Never, they will never do such a thing, the only difference is draw distance. The PS2 limits everything on graphics on the other consoles, and even with better draw distance you cannot select a target you see over the range of the other users. They promote crossplatform and Sony screwed them over, but they wont screw the other people over that uses PS2 as a majority of JP use them.

Mirage
11-27-2005, 02:47 PM
Higher texture quality and higher resolution is ok with me, as long as they offer graphic updates for the PC too, seeing as new PCs can handle the current FFXI without any problems. The PS2 however, can't push out more than it already does.
Exclusive XB360 content would suck, unless it's stuff that isn't directly related to the gameplay, and thus wouldn't make Xbox players automatically better.

Moshenokoji
11-27-2005, 05:38 PM
They should probably push it over onto the PS3. From what I've read PS3 has a HDD in it already. You could install the PS2 verison onto your PS3 and then have avaialbe graphics updates. that would be nice.

Lionx
11-28-2005, 12:01 AM
Depends on how many people update to the PS3 to play FFXI. Most likely a survey. If there are enough people still using the PS2, there is no reason to drop support for it after promoting crossplatformness.

The only differences i see from sceenshots a while ago from what FFXI is today with 360, is just drawdistance.

Moshenokoji
11-28-2005, 12:43 AM
Not saying they should drop PS2 support, they should just make an available graphics update to those who installed FFXI onto the PS3.

Lionx
11-28-2005, 01:21 AM
1UP: Interesting. Lastly, what do you think of the Xbox 360 hardware? Does it let you do things unique to the 360 version, or will the game always be designed around the lowest common denominator, e.g. the PS2 version?

HT: I love the Xbox 360 because it does what you can only do with a computer for a lot more money, at least on XI. You're getting at whether you have to keep the coding for the lowest common denominator for PS2. What I prefer to think of as more important phrasing is that we are not using the 360 to its full potential, and what we meant to do is add something as completely as powerful as the Windows version but on a different platform...although it is sad to not use the machine to its full potential, with the time it would take to accomplish this, the company would already be on to investing in its next major online game. But I would definitely consider using a machine like the 360 with that power as the base platform for the next online multiplayer game.

From: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=2&cId=3145765

And i agree, not only that, what about PC users who already have all the .DATs for the game now? Do they have to download all of that again? Why doesnt SE work on older parts? Because they easily use that time to make newer and better content. I agree, with the time spent updating graphics which dont matter a whole bunch in accordance to how good a game is(ie: EQII) they can make another expansion pack. To upgrade graphics(lets say IF), is to drop the PS2 right there and kill their statement of crossplatform all the way and on the system they started on and what most JP use. That and what about 56K users? By doing that you effectively cut off ALL 56Kers.

Not to say graphics being better is bad, but i agree with what they have to say about using the time to do better and bigger things.

Moshenokoji
11-28-2005, 03:31 PM
They can make the option to use new graphics. SOE did that with Everquest. When you installed Shadows of Luchlin you could use the newer textures if your PC could handle it, Thats if you had like a 512mb system, which i did, but that's not the point. They could upgrade the graphics and make the downloads optional. Just like old Everquest. They don't have to drop the PS2. They can just leave it as it is and have it use older graphics, it would work.

Lionx
11-28-2005, 04:27 PM
And how much harddrive space would that cost..? Its over 7-8Gigs already..thats ALOT for a game..

That being said, they are saying they can more effectively move that time from making new graphics, into more content. Doesnt mean i dont understand though but i am pretty sure thats the plan :x

Rostum
11-28-2005, 08:37 PM
And how much harddrive space would that cost..? Its over 7-8Gigs already..thats ALOT for a game..

That being said, they are saying they can more effectively move that time from making new graphics, into more content. Doesnt mean i dont understand though but i am pretty sure thats the plan :x

They could still make it an option for those that do have the power to upgrade it. =\ Which I'm gathering is a lot of people.

Lionx
11-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Lol dont get me wrong i would like a graphics update too, but the time and stuff spent making it, i much MORE rather have new content and i think SE has the same line of thought is all.

Moshenokoji
11-28-2005, 10:08 PM
They could always get more people into the Dev team to make both! that would be nice. And as for the HDD space for what you mentioned Lionx, well, that's why it's optional, and as for some PCs these days, 120 GB standard HDD. :). Think i might get that 250 GB though... j/k.

Lionx
11-29-2005, 07:43 AM
In any case:

http://wm.microsoft.com/ms/xbox/video/jp-tvcm/jptvcm-0007.wmv

enjoy the 360 commercial.

Mirage
11-29-2005, 08:06 AM
They should probably push it over onto the PS3. From what I've read PS3 has a HDD in it already. You could install the PS2 verison onto your PS3 and then have avaialbe graphics updates. that would be nice.
Last I heard it would not feature a hard drive. <.<

Moshenokoji
11-30-2005, 12:10 AM
if you go to gamespot and look up the stats, it's got removeable one just like the 360. and as for that 360 comerical, that was LAME. The one for PS2 was alot better.