PDA

View Full Version : Does Playonline remind you of....

Markus. D
11-27-2005, 01:52 AM
a sort of system like dot hack// where you can send and recive emails from friends you meet while playing... exept... for real :greenie:

and customize basic parts of the system.

WildRaubtier
11-27-2005, 03:59 AM
Gee, I wonder why.

Germ Hamee
11-27-2005, 04:49 AM
Um... it mostly just reminds me of the internet?

Mirage
11-27-2005, 03:00 PM
POL reminds me of a bloated piece of shi<te>t system :(

Markus. D
11-30-2005, 03:20 AM
really, why so?

... the only reason it deserves that title is cause its bassically what you are paying for per month.

Lionx
11-30-2005, 07:13 AM
Playonline itself is free to everyone, you pay for it(so i feel anyway) when you get the game.

Markus. D
11-30-2005, 11:47 AM
no i think you are actually only paying for the play online thing credit card wise (so i recall anyway).

you buy the game FFXI and pay additional fees for that (ie. extra characters).

Mirage
11-30-2005, 01:28 PM
really, why so?

... the only reason it deserves that title is cause its bassically what you are paying for per month.
No, more because I want to start the actual game, enter my username and password, and then play. That's the way I like it.
And Playonline is free, it's just the tool which you use to edit billing information, contact your friends, and launch the game. You pay for content IDs, which are used for the game, additional characters, Tetra Master, and whatever. I guess POL will be useful when they get more than one online game, but for now, I just dislike it.

Russielloyd
11-30-2005, 08:29 PM
You pay because, you storing your characters data on a server and sever cost money to run, if we didnt pay for the services SE provide they, would lose money.

Lionx
12-01-2005, 03:08 AM
Maybe, but to me, playonline is what you pay for upon game purchase. Its free, if you delete content ID you dont pay per month but can STILL access the POL stuff you had as long as you dont cancel that(and forcing yourself to get a new game).