PDA

View Full Version : If you could change one thing in FFX?

look_out_below
11-27-2005, 06:36 AM
Basically im just interested in what people would change in FFX if given the oppurtunity. Me, i would definatly change the voice actor of Yuna, there is no question. I hated how every single friggin word was followed by a pause of a few seconds so that a line that should only take one minute to do ends up taking half an hour and you cant skip it. There is also the thing about there being very little emotion put into the reading, no matter what is happening, where in the game you are Yuna is going to go on in the same monochrome voice that makes you want to repeatedly bash your head in the floor and think "WHY? WHY is Square-Enix torturing its loyal fans by choosing a main voice actor when even a rock would have been better!!!" Why a rock? Because it is silent.
Well im done my ranting so what would you change and why
(BTW im sorry if this thread was already been created by someone)

RaidenWeb17
11-27-2005, 07:09 AM
Yeah i would change Yuna and i wouldnt make Tidus such a dumbass, so he gets a new vioce actor as well

Sain Cai
11-27-2005, 05:52 PM
Damn you I was just going to create this tread :p

Anyway, I would change a couple things.
1. Make the Blitzball a little more intellegent. When having a lead, you can just head to the goal and wait out the clock.
2. CHANGE ALL CHARACTER'S NAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll post more as I think of them.

Little Blue
11-27-2005, 06:28 PM
i would reduce the number of FMV's in the game, and make the end bosses harder

Mirage
11-27-2005, 08:44 PM
I'd change Tidus into a girl and thus get the first lesbian couple in the FF series.

Cruise Control
11-27-2005, 10:30 PM
XD
Wakka would die at operation Mi'ihen

Old Manus
11-27-2005, 10:37 PM
The need for an FFX-2

No change then

Fire_Emblem776
11-27-2005, 10:58 PM
i would reduce the number of FMV's in the game, and make the end bosses harder

all the fmvs made great material for amvs!!! and yes the final boss was easy, but it was part of the story

princess_yunie_10
11-28-2005, 12:34 AM
No Wakka.

Slade
11-28-2005, 03:00 AM
To be able to skip cutscenes. Especially the really long ones you've seen a thousand times before a really hard boss battle due to the fact that you keep dying *Cough cough* Seymour Flux *cough Cough*

Vyk
11-28-2005, 03:04 AM
Leave the cry-baby crap out of it. And maybe give Yuna a personality.

xtreme112
11-28-2005, 03:12 AM
Agreed, yuna does need help!
I'd also change the sphere grid system so that Kimhari (or however you spell it) doesn't end up so damn useless!!!
actually i would consider taking out the whole sphere grid, or change it somewhat
I would also get rid of all the crests and sigils and make the hp and damage break over 9999 from the start of the game
and I would have a world map mode. I miss the world map mode :(

TurkSlayer
11-28-2005, 03:15 AM
Luzzu would have been playable, and Wakka would have died. Slowly and painfully.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-28-2005, 05:49 PM
i don't get y everyone hates wakka. sure his personality is in definite need of a tweak but in battle his expertise and overdives are VITAL!!!

i'd make all the ladies clothes even skimpier :D

Fireblade13
11-28-2005, 08:35 PM
To be able to skip cutscenes. Especially the really long ones you've seen a thousand times before a really hard boss battle due to the fact that you keep dying *Cough cough* Seymour Flux *cough Cough*
that and get rid of the keyspheres, bribing and turn off luck in blitzball because it sucks when a guy with 7 attack does 3 damage while the same guy on the opponent's team does 8!

raskerino
11-29-2005, 01:57 AM
I thought Wakka had good development and was a fun character he's definitely a favorite of mine from X.

I'd give Yuna a personality and try to make it interesting as well as definitely changing her voice actor.

If I could change more I'd make dark aeons in the american version and make the final boss at least 3x harder, which would still be too easy but I'm hoping for something possible.

A little less linear maybe, with a few little side things throughout that have impact on th story, then less dull ones at the end (such as the chocobo race, lightning dodging and other celestial weapon quests).

Moshenokoji
11-29-2005, 03:26 AM
i'd change the way you get from place to place, as in, I'd add a world map so the game wasn't linear, i couldn't stand that part. I also didn't like the way you got around with the air ship, i actually wanna fly my own freakin air ship, i aint baby, i can do it SE, believe me, i did it 9 times before. I would change the way the summoning system worked, i didn't like summoning something and i control how it fights, i'd make it work like Final Fantasy IX, i liked how Final Fantasy IX worked with summons.

I thought the sphere grid was cool so i don't know of anyway i'd want to change it, maybe giving everyone there own grid so in the end ( if you lvled that far) that no one would be the same, but with the way the grid did work, if you did it right, you could customize every character. I would have put a larger variety of weapons in the game, after you get to the end you realize "hey, out of 10 swords, half of them look like the first red one!" Yah, that was lame. Also, newer weapons would actually have better attack power instead of you modding the weapon yourself to give it stats, you mod the weapon to give it more stats, not because it was crappy to begin with.

Lulu wouldn't use a doll for a weapon, she'd use GI Joe, not really. Maybe a staff. The ruins of Zanarkand should have been more expanisve, letting you explore the vast dead machina city of coolness. AND last not but least, the last boss fight wouldn't have been so lame, and you actually get to find out how Jecht got to Spira, and how he went back to Zanarkand to get you to Spira so you can kick his ass. cause that was just werid.

Fire_Emblem776
11-29-2005, 06:59 AM
well about yuna, i thought she was anorexic, i mean all thouse pauses between breaths. The fact that she colapses as soon as you meet her in that one fmv.Makes you wonder lol

Tai-Ti
11-29-2005, 10:19 AM
her hips are too big for her to be anorexic, that's the thing i would change, id make her have a better dress suited to her thunder thighs 0_o

Social Moon Firesky
11-29-2005, 12:24 PM
I would make it so that Yuna got with Seymour instead of Tidus, and they had lots of babies and Wakka adopted one and it turned into Sin and ate him. ^_^

ThroneofDravaris
11-29-2005, 01:37 PM
i don't get y everyone hates wakka.

I don't get why people use letters to represent words that are 3 letters long...

Halenite
11-29-2005, 03:13 PM
that and get rid of the keyspheres, bribing and turn off luck in blitzball because it sucks when a guy with 7 attack does 3 damage while the same guy on the opponent's team does 8!

The keysphere thing I liked, maked it harder to advance characters (though at times it had Yuna at s.lvl 31 lol)

and amen to the blitzball thing. It seems the other team gets the highest possible advantage and your team gets the lowest. it sucks.

Tabris
11-29-2005, 06:38 PM
FF-X is my all time favourite game, so there isn't much I would change. The only thing would be if the side quests and things you needed to to to get the sigils and weapons would be a tee-e-eeny bit easier and less time-consuming. I would rather make that part a bit smaller and replace it with wider and deeper exploration of Spira and it's inhabitatants. (I know - probably quite the opposite of what most people want).

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-30-2005, 12:58 PM
TO: ThroneofDravaris

My Bad!!! :D

Christmas
11-30-2005, 01:15 PM
At least give Yu Yevon a line.....

Loony BoB
11-30-2005, 02:15 PM
Either of the following...
1) How terribly linear the storyline was.
2) The inability to walk around on the world map.
3) How much Tidus' personality was pre-decided rather than you being able to influence it so you could actually feel like YOU were playing the game rather than just sitting in his head.

Slothy
11-30-2005, 07:02 PM
The only thing I'd change is some of the quests to power up the ultimate weapons. Chocobo racing, lightning dodging.... the people that came up with those better pray I never meet them.

Crossblades
11-30-2005, 07:32 PM
Make Tidus more manly

silentenigma
11-30-2005, 09:30 PM
Since there were voices for the game, I would have wanted there to be no choice on Tidus's name, because since they can't voice your own name, they just referred to him as "Star player of the Zanarkand Abes," "Son of Jecht," and other stupid things that made some of the best thought out scenes really lame.

Dreddz
11-30-2005, 09:41 PM
I'd give it a World Map .....

JulioA
12-01-2005, 01:25 AM
An Item or something to extend the Sphere Grid even further, with new magics and stuff.

Slicksword45
12-02-2005, 02:06 AM
i'd make it so you can get more abilities spears and less power

Yew-Yevon
12-02-2005, 03:55 AM
i'd make an anime feature on a second disc that covers the whole game as a story...and make the whole world of Spira exlporable in 1st and 3rd person.

DMKA
12-02-2005, 05:25 AM
I'd take out all the rediculous opportunities to get unecessarily powerful and make the bosses harder.

Yuffie514
12-02-2005, 03:44 PM
2) The inability to walk around on the world map.

on one side i miss it, and on the other hand - my legs could use a break. what i really miss...piloting the airship [Fahrenheit] myself.

Tabris
12-02-2005, 11:36 PM
I am sorry, but what exactly are the difference between the world map and the Airship in FF-X?

vampirepiggyhunter7
12-03-2005, 01:33 AM
Magic caster's regular attack's wouldn't be COMPLETELY useless......

Yuffie514
12-03-2005, 02:08 AM
I am sorry, but what exactly are the difference between the world map and the Airship in FF-X?

World Map: erm, i think that would apply to the fact that there isn't a tiny little globe at the bottom-left or right corner of the screen to see where i'm going, or it could mean something else (maybe there is one, but it's been a while since i played). a little confusing, xD.

Airship: aah, the ability to control the helm. i can no longer fly over the oceans and pass great mountains [danger: don't fly too close] :p .

look_out_below
12-03-2005, 03:49 AM
I thought of one more thing i would change. Wouldnt it be awesome if you could be evil. I would love to see this option in any FF game, not necessarly FFX but i didnt want to start a new thread for subject so thought i would post it here. In a game called "Lands of Lore Guardians of Destiny" (very old, it is from 1997) you had the oppurtunity to either be a hero who saves the world, or you could go psyco evil and destroy it. Note you started with the same character, it was what you did during the game (for example if you entered a village and helped the people=hero, entering village and killing everyone in it=villian) that determined how your hero ended the game (this also provided up to 6 compeletly different ending scenes depending on how you ended the game). This would definately bring a twist to the FF's linear story lines, but what do you think?

I Took the Red Pill
12-03-2005, 04:24 AM
I would make it actually possible to die on Yu-Yevon and get a different voice actor for Seymour. Also more interactivity with the airship.

Slothy
12-03-2005, 04:54 AM

There was no world map in the sense that when you left a town or dungeon, you didn't see your characters wandering around the planet on an overworld map like previous FF's. Some see it as a problem, and it did make the game more linear, but I felt it made the world feel more like an actual world that I was traveling across.

Tabris
12-03-2005, 09:04 AM
Ok, thanks for your replies. I just couldn't see that the difference was so big, since in FF-X you could also choose where to go and have small side quests in the various places. To me, the world map in FF VII looks confusing.