PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Blitzball can be a solitary game?

Sain Cai
11-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Just think, individual staduims. Each with their own weaknesses (ie poison water, or wither water). New teams for different species (wanna see a hypello blitz?)

Personally I would love to see this.

Little Blue
11-27-2005, 06:33 PM
A Hypello blitz, lol

It actually sounds ok, if blitzball was a bit more developed it might actually make a decent "sporting" game (Final Fantasy X: Blitzball :) ) kinda like how they did with quidditch in the harry potter franchise

boys from the dwarf
11-28-2005, 07:58 AM
HPQ??? nooooooo!!! that game sucks and will always suck. in HP one they had quidditch so HarryPotterQuidditch was pointless. i want there to be a hypello team but apart from that , i think blitzball is good.

Renmiri
11-28-2005, 08:57 AM
I swear I thought there would be a site doing this online already. That we would have our teams, could scout for other players, online leagues, multiplayer games... The game in FFX is so much fun! It stinks in FFX2 but on FFX it rocks!

And they could make it a little more 3D, get the oposing team - if computer - to do more up and down plays and passes.

Sigh...

Renmiri
11-28-2005, 09:11 AM
Why can't Square release a standalone version of blitzball that followed the "Mortal Combat" model ? (Actually I'm thinking about Soulcalibur since I never played MK at home)
You can pick players
You can unlock moves and players
You have different game stadiums (as Soulcalibur has the arenas)
You can do multiplayer battles, endurance tests,..

It would be so cool! And I bet it would be a hit with soccer fans!

Markus. D
11-28-2005, 09:54 AM
I actually think haveing elements of both blitzball (the gameplay from ffx and the management from ffx-2) would be quite fun as a MMO (MMOSG?).

TheSpoonyBard
11-28-2005, 10:16 AM
I wouldn't want it to be an online game. Having to pay every time you want to use a game can be very annoying and quite costly.

I like the idea of merging the two styles. The AI would need completely reworking though as it was appaling in FFX. FFX-2 was a little better, but as you couldn't control the players it was all down to the AI.

boys from the dwarf
11-28-2005, 04:10 PM
ive always sorta liked the idea of an FF game but similar to street fighter or MK or tekken. and it has all FF characters apart from FF1 , 5 and X-2 becuase they were job based. and i suppose those clever dudes at sqare could work somekind of cool storyline into it but who cares, its a fighting game.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-28-2005, 05:57 PM
there has been a fighting game which included final fantasy characters, though it wasn't solely based around final fantasy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehrgeiz <--- see the 3rd paragraph

i would like to see a ff fighting game with a conquest mode (like weapon master on soulcalibur) but we seem to have drifted from the point.

i would like to see a blitzball game which merges both blitzball version (so u do the managing side and the playing side). that would be cool :D

Renmiri
11-28-2005, 06:32 PM
ive always sorta liked the idea of an FF game but similar to street fighter or MK or tekken. and it has all FF characters apart from FF1 , 5 and X-2 becuase they were job based. and i suppose those clever dudes at sqare could work somekind of cool storyline into it but who cares, its a fighting game.
It would totally rock!!!

Renmiri
11-28-2005, 06:37 PM
i would like to see a ff fighting game with a conquest mode (like weapon master on soulcalibur) but we seem to have drifted from the point.

i would like to see a blitzball game which merges both blitzball version (so u do the managing side and the playing side). that would be cool :D

Both would totaly rock!

If you look at it, Soulcalibur has the FFX2 "dresspheres": They have different outfits, weapons and skills you can unlock for each combat player and you have to play their lousy RPG to unlock them...

Now think about FFX2 done as Soulcalibur: Combat modes, tournaments, multiplayer matches.. Exhibition fights, Character profiles.. FFX2 the game that exists now would be the RPG part of it that you would play to unlock more goodies for your fighters.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-29-2005, 11:13 AM
. . . . MUST BUY . . .

Renmiri
12-02-2005, 07:41 PM
As a standalone game is coming from SE. Just a rumor for now.
http://www.ffx2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78367

pustacio
12-03-2005, 04:07 AM
o yeah i would deffinently make a blitzball game

ElVaCaNo02YTSCV
12-03-2005, 09:42 PM
It would be nice to have more teams and different stadiums... and to chose the old and the new tidus like Zanarkand, and Spira....and Zanarkand ruins will be fiends playing ....freaky lol

Jiro
12-05-2005, 10:38 AM
yo renmiri stop double postin

Ilyn
12-27-2005, 05:19 PM
That would be totally awesome! It would also be cool if you could design costumes for your team. Having them all mismatched in FFX really bothers me. XD

And multiplayer Blitz would be awesome, even if not online.

They should add different modes, though, you know what I mean? Maybe like a capture the flag version, or no-techs play, things like that, just to mix it up a little.