PDA

View Full Version : PS3 or XBOX 360?

B-dup
11-27-2005, 06:50 PM
So how many people plan on getting the 360 and how many are going to wait for the ps3?

Old Manus
11-27-2005, 06:57 PM
The 360 can go home

Dignified Pauper
11-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Sony fo' life

Sergeant Hartman
11-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Run its the X-BOX 360!!!!

Destai
11-27-2005, 07:04 PM
Depends on the games. A consoles only as good as its games. So what I mean is PS3.

Jess
11-27-2005, 07:04 PM
PS3 fo sho'.

Dreddz
11-27-2005, 07:05 PM
A PS3 my good man .......

eestlinc
11-27-2005, 07:06 PM
may i suggest you check in general gaming.

Sergeant Hartman
11-27-2005, 07:06 PM
Sony fo' life
Fo' sho.

B-dup
11-27-2005, 07:09 PM
Yea the games do have to be good. I've played some of the games on the 360, there good but not what i expected to be next gen. The ps3 trailers look amazing but im tired of just seeing trailers only real gameplay can determine the quality of the final game.

Erdrick Holmes
11-27-2005, 07:12 PM
Neither, unless the 360 fixes it's crashing problems.

MecaKane
11-27-2005, 07:18 PM
I'll probably end up getting a PS3 about a year after its out, if everything's looking good.

B-dup
11-27-2005, 07:18 PM
If anyone hasn't seen the next gen's trailers you can check em out at www.ign.com it's pretty sweet. I didn't like it when they teased me about the ffvii tech demo, disappointing

Tifa's Real Lover(really
11-27-2005, 08:29 PM
ps3

FFX_fanatiq
11-27-2005, 08:56 PM
if squenix goes to xbox so will i *gulp*
if they stay
so will I

Russielloyd
11-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Xbox 360 is only good for action games, which i mostly find repeptitive.

I'm loyal to Playstation, all the games i like are bound to be on it, so ill be getting the PS3.

Haunted
11-27-2005, 10:29 PM
defiantly PS3

escobert
11-27-2005, 10:38 PM
Why do you have to choose? What if I want all 3 of them? I've owned a Xbox, Ps2 and gamecube. SHARE THE LOVE PEOPLE.

Samuraid
11-27-2005, 10:59 PM
Neither. I'll spend the money upgrading my compy. :love:

B-dup
11-27-2005, 10:59 PM
Well ur 1st problem is that these r much more expensive plus the games. Do u really plan on spending at least $2,000 on all three of them when u can get the best (ps3) for im guessing about $400-$500.

Ahh man that's sweet i love inuyasha, it's my favorite. Nevertheless i personally i don't like comp games there sooo many and they're soo long

Please use the edit button instead of double posting-kikimm

TurkSlayer
11-27-2005, 11:09 PM
The good one.

crashNUMBERS
11-27-2005, 11:21 PM
PS3 fo sho'.

Shoden
11-27-2005, 11:22 PM
Playstation 3 BABY!

B-dup
11-27-2005, 11:25 PM
It's going to be a looonggg wait though

kikimm
11-27-2005, 11:43 PM
I want both. I wasn't ever interested in the XBOX before, but so many of the computer games that I can't play due to my lame machine are also on XBOX. And the XBOX is easier for me to obtain than a new computer, or computer parts.

B-dup
11-27-2005, 11:47 PM
next year is going to be weird playing ps3 because i'll be going to college so i wont be able to be as obsessed with some games.Such a sad sad fate :(

escobert
11-27-2005, 11:58 PM
I don't really play console games much anymore since, my computer does everything and then a lot more. :D But I don't waste money upgrading it either. I put all my money into other things ;)

B-dup
11-28-2005, 12:03 AM
I could never play computer games because my computer keeps breaking down on me. Viruses, spam whatever it is it's happend like 5 times in the past 3 years

Lindy
11-28-2005, 12:06 AM
Whichever has more games I enjoy playing.

I find it pointless to argue over which console is better/going to be better purely on it's specs, it's release titles or which of the developers you think has a prettier behind.

A console is it's games, and if neither have games that I will want to buy, I will buy neither of them, simple as that.

Russielloyd
11-28-2005, 12:07 AM
I could never play computer games because my computer keeps breaking down on me. Viruses, spam whatever it is it's happend like 5 times in the past 3 years

A solution...
...look after your computer better.

crashNUMBERS
11-28-2005, 12:37 AM
Whichever has more games I enjoy playing.

I find it pointless to argue over which console is better/going to be better purely on it's specs, it's release titles or which of the developers you think has a prettier behind.

A console is it's games, and if neither have games that I will want to buy, I will buy neither of them, simple as that.
Yeah, listen to Lindy. It's obvious he's saying PS3's better!!

Yew-Yevon
11-28-2005, 12:43 AM
if thats the case then thats the case.

Erdrick Holmes
11-28-2005, 12:51 AM
Yeah, listen to Lindy. It's obvious he's saying PS3's better!!

Umm, no he's saying whichever one's better depends on the games. So far there haven't been much going on about what games each console has.

Kirobaito
11-28-2005, 01:11 AM
I wasn't planning on getting either one, however, a circumstance has recently presented itself in which I would receive a 360 for free. So there.

crashNUMBERS
11-28-2005, 01:13 AM
Umm, no he's saying whichever one's better depends on the games. So far there haven't been much going on about what games each console has.
Grab a dictionary and look up the word "Joke" XD

Madame Adequate
11-28-2005, 01:41 AM
Both. The one I'm not interested in is the Revolution.

Lionx
11-28-2005, 02:10 AM
Neither, at the moment, i would look for Revolution first. Keep my eyes on some PS games and mark down their popularity as to whether to buy then or wait til it drops, then wait til PS3 gets a huge price slash to get.

xtreme112
11-28-2005, 02:19 AM
I haven't even heard of the revolution, i doubt I'll be getting that

I am SO glad to see people supporting the PS3! ^_^ I hope the xbox360 fails miserably as it should!
I'm sure I've said this millions of times, and I'll say it millions of times over again, the xbox360 runs big on the internet, so what happens when it gets a virus? xbox can't make squat, they just buy out all the other good games on the market and rumour has it that square enix might join that category
But ps has always been the more dominant system, look at the history and the base that it has already built with the ps1 and ps2, theres no doubt I'll be continuing to devote my loyalty to sony *all hail sony*

Dingo Jellybean
11-28-2005, 02:54 AM
Because I have to pay my own phone bills, tuition, insurance, grocery, etc. I don't plan on getting either.

However, since the PS3 is backwards compatible with PS1 and PS2 games, I would go with the PS3.

Yew-Yevon
11-28-2005, 03:21 AM
:kaocheer: :kaocheer: :kaocheer: :kaocheer:
I haven't even heard of the revolution, i doubt I'll be getting that

I am SO glad to see people supporting the PS3! ^_^ I hope the xbox360 fails miserably as it should!
I'm sure I've said this millions of times, and I'll say it millions of times over again, the xbox360 runs big on the internet, so what happens when it gets a virus? xbox can't make squat, they just buy out all the other good games on the market and rumour has it that square enix might join that category
But ps has always been the more dominant system, look at the history and the base that it has already built with the ps1 and ps2, theres no doubt I'll be continuing to devote my loyalty to sony *all hail sony*
:kaocheer: :kaocheer: :kaocheer: :kaocheer:

Erdrick Holmes
11-28-2005, 03:32 AM
Oh, so you can get viruses just playing Halo 2 online? Why would Microsoft put viruses on there own download servers if it ment losing a potiential XBox live customer?

Hopefully the PS3 doesn't end up getting the long load times and Disc read errors PS2s get constantly.

nik0tine
11-28-2005, 03:34 AM
PS3 for me.

Monol
11-28-2005, 04:14 AM
Its like this theory of mine....the three systems; gamecube, ps2, and X box are like movie ratings....

G-PG = Gamecube, has a bit of a more childish rut to it and in our generation is the least popular...however this doesnt mean its a bad system (i say PG cause there are some really good pg movies out there) actually its my favorite but any hoot

PG-13 = Ps2, which i would have to say is the most popular just because it appeals a bit to both sides making it the medium of the three (obviously)

R = X-box, most popular for our Generation cause it has all the shooting and hardcore action and such

(hope that all makes sense :greenie: :D )

I was never a big X-Box fan....at all....its the only system i dont respect...but its a system so i can really hate it...but i guess its just cause the games dont appeal to me so i guess im going with PS3 (its looks pretty cool too)

crashNUMBERS
11-28-2005, 12:37 PM
Hopefully the PS3 doesn't end up getting the long load times and Disc read errors PS2s get constantly.
Not to bust your balls (Yet :evilking: ) but the PS2 only does that when the game disc is actually un readable. Maybe your CD had too much scratches. I dunno...

Lindy
11-28-2005, 05:27 PM
Its like this theory of mine....the three systems; gamecube, ps2, and X box are like movie ratings....

G-PG = Gamecube, has a bit of a more childish rut to it and in our generation is the least popular...however this doesnt mean its a bad system (i say PG cause there are some really good pg movies out there) actually its my favorite but any hoot

PG-13 = Ps2, which i would have to say is the most popular just because it appeals a bit to both sides making it the medium of the three (obviously)

R = X-box, most popular for our Generation cause it has all the shooting and hardcore action and such

(hope that all makes sense :greenie: :D )

I was never a big X-Box fan....at all....its the only system i dont respect...but its a system so i can really hate it...but i guess its just cause the games dont appeal to me so i guess im going with PS3 (its looks pretty cool too)
Except the Gamecube has Resident Evil 0~4, and the XBox has Barbie and Spongebob Squarepants games, you can't define the consoles by age, it's an idiotic concept as people of any age are going to play either of the three consoles.

Erdrick Holmes
11-28-2005, 05:29 PM
Not to bust your balls (Yet :evilking: ) but the PS2 only does that when the game disc is actually un readable. Maybe your CD had too much scratches. I dunno...

Read in the help forum, dude. Alot of people go in asking about the PS2 disc read errors. Alot of people's PS2s do that within two years. In fact mine's due to crack sometime soon.

Lindy
11-28-2005, 05:36 PM
Yeah, PS2s do break far too easily, and certain models can't even read the blue-back discs which a lot of games use, thems multi-layer DVD things.

crashNUMBERS
11-28-2005, 09:04 PM
Read in the help forum, dude. Yeah, it's still better then XboX!!

Yeah, PS2s do break far too easily, and certain models can't even read the blue-back discs which a lot of games use, thems multi-layer DVD things.Yeah, My PS2 reads Blue discs but after awhile it has beef with them and ends up beating them up while making strange "Help Im a PS2 getting raped" noise. True story. It sometimes sounds like it's scrathing my CDs that are already scratched enough...

lordblazer
11-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Yeah, PS2s do break far too easily, and certain models can't even read the blue-back discs which a lot of games use, thems multi-layer DVD things.
I saved up 10,000 USD so I can buy backups.

I noticed with xbox games. They don't have many software companies developing gmaes for them. But the ones they have always preferred quality over quantity. Unlike games released on the PS2. I think the same thing is going to happen with the PS3. ITs gonna be quantity and fanboys will think its better than the xbox and only give the xbox credit for a game that sucks Halo 1 2 3.

When Xbox has came up with a lot better games than those, but nevermind that.

Erdrick Holmes
11-28-2005, 09:08 PM
Yeah, it's still better then XboX!!

So a console that barely has a lifespan of 2 and a half years, long load times, and is only good for it's great RPGs is better than a console who's only flaws are large size and clunky controllers?

crashNUMBERS
11-28-2005, 09:35 PM
So a console that barely has a lifespan of 2 and a half years, long load times, and is only good for it's great RPGs is better than a console who's only flaws are large size and clunky controllers?
Yes.

lordblazer
11-28-2005, 09:38 PM
Yes.
But the xbox had a RPG game that outweighed all the other "playable anime" games the PS2 crapped out every two weeks or so. And that game is calle Morrowind. Which took years to make.

Take note: that Sony fanboys tend to be irrationally blind to follow behind their japaneese company. They view Japan as a world of anime and video game playing.Thus if it ain't japaneese then it ain't worth crap to them.

Dreddz
11-28-2005, 09:40 PM
PS2 was very faulty, if people had the guts, they could open there PS2 and fiddle around with the insides to make is alot better. Most didnt and Sony made a profit. Thats ticked me off, I think the PS3 will not have faulty lasers......

MecaKane
11-28-2005, 09:49 PM
But the xbox had a RPG game that outweighed all the other "playable anime" games the PS2 crapped out every two weeks or so. And that game is calle Morrowind. Which took years to make.

Take note: that Sony fanboys tend to be irrationally blind to follow behind their japaneese company. They view Japan as a world of anime and video game playing.Thus if it ain't japaneese then it ain't worth crap to them.
Morrowind which is also out and much better played and even looking on PC.

Take note: You don't know what you're talking about. PS2 has plenty great american made games, all consoles have a majority of Japanese games of all types. If you want to be racist you might as well upgrade your PC.
You're just going to get Japanese RPG fans on a final fantasy site because it's a Japanese RPG.

Erdrick Holmes
11-28-2005, 09:53 PM
Remember when all of the Jap RPGs where on the SNES? Those were SWELL times.

lordblazer
11-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Morrowind which is also out and much better played and even looking on PC.

Take note: You don't know what you're talking about. PS2 has plenty great american made games, all consoles have a majority of Japanese games of all types. If you want to be racist you might as well upgrade your PC.
You're just going to get Japanese RPG fans on a final fantasy site because it's a Japanese RPG.
Whos aid I'm being a racist? They have a lot of good american games, but any american RPGs? Besides the awesome GTA's? and the awesome TRue Crimes? and the awesome.. oyu get what I'm saying. I know what your going to get but it ain't jsut this site. I go on a regular gaming site and all the Sony fans have that mentallity that if Japan doesn't approve thenis no good.

The xbox didn't sell well in Japan. Thus a number of american Sony fanboys hated the xbox just based on that one fact. Not all fanboys do it but a huge majority of them do have that mentallity that pisses me off. Its not that I hate Japaneese companies its that I think that other Companies from a different nationallity can develop consoles and games just as good, but its the fact that they aren't japaneese that they don't sell as well.

Also with Morrowind being on the PC it still counts as a game and as the best RPG. Did you ever tend to notice that most game developers for the PC tend to develop games for the xbox also?

better quality games just takes longer to develop. I've noticed it. THe only game I saw a PC developer make fo rhte PS2 was Rainbow Six 3 and the xbox version of it and the PC version of it was a lot better than the PS2 version of it.

MecaKane
11-28-2005, 10:24 PM
There's not ONE company down in japan turning out these "playable anime" games "every two weeks" Xenosaga, Suikoden, Final Fantasy and other square enix games since it's a big company, all take around year or more to make.

Traitorfish
11-28-2005, 10:28 PM
360, he shame-facedly admitted.
Although PS3 probably has a better range overall, the 360 has Halo, Fable, BC (eventually) and the Elder Scrolls. ANd, since I don't get a huge amount of games (by some standars, anyway) I go for the best specific games. That, and Xbox has an online service a million times better than Sony.

lordblazer
11-28-2005, 10:30 PM
There's not ONE company down in japan turning out these "playable anime" games "every two weeks" Xenosaga, Suikoden, Final Fantasy and other square enix games since it's a big company, all take around year or more to make.
but they're japaneese and the fact that SE makes money off of a name i.e. Final Fantasy. Just put a name and number and make a completely different game that doesn't relate with the other ones before it.

Thus $$$.

SE is a good developer and I'm not saying Japaneese game developers are the worse. they just get too much credit from the fanboys a bit too much and the fact that fanboys have a narrowminded way of thinking when it comes to consoles.

HEck most of the fanboys on here haven't even played or seen a PS3 in person. Yet they said they'll get it before they even play it at a store once it comes out.
Don't tell me that's not blindly following behind a company?

My opinion is my opinion and I respect other opinions, but I like pointing out the facts that a company's name,and Nationality can carry them a lot futher in sales int he gaming world because of its fanbase. And yes Sony has the largest fanboydom base I have sever seen and its ridiculous. The new PS3 can be three sticks and oytu have to light a fire to play it at the same time burn alcohal and use a pin to see the games play and the controllers are grass and the fanboys will still get it for 600 bucks because it says Sony on it and Everyone knows Japaneese games and JApaneese game companies are the best and if it ain't japaneese it ain't worth looking at!

crashNUMBERS
11-28-2005, 11:10 PM
But Suikoden isn't a Square Enix game...

silentenigma
11-28-2005, 11:48 PM
PS3. It's shiny.

B-dup
11-29-2005, 12:14 AM
To me the xbox is like a freshman, because they're new and don't deserve respect; playstation on the other hand is like a senior, because of its history in gaming and it does deserve repect.

Erdrick Holmes
11-29-2005, 12:19 AM
What about Nintendo? They've been in the game industry since I was in diapers. They made ALOT more milestones than any other game company out there.

crashNUMBERS
11-29-2005, 12:20 AM
Yeah. But what about Atari?? They've been out when I was still a tiny sperm in my dad...

MecaKane
11-29-2005, 12:23 AM
But Suikoden isn't a Square Enix game...
Neither is Xenosaga. That's what I meant when I said they're not all made by the same company, final fantasy and se's other games is another point because it is one company putting out all those games only because it's a big company.

Erdrick Holmes
11-29-2005, 12:27 AM
Went out like Sega, became a 3rd party developer.

I thought of something, each of the three consoles have it's own unique features making them equal in power

Revolution= Backwards compatability, TONS of support from Sega, and possible new controller adaptions
360= Online gameplay capabilites, Halo 3, Condemned, and some personalization
PS3= Metal Gear Solid 4, lots of new RPGs, Blu Ray (while most likely starting out expensive)

But each one also has it's downsides

Revolution= Awkward controller startout, hardly any mention of launch titles
360= Not as many spectacular launch titles (except for Condemned and Call of Duty 2), and software crashing
PS3= Possible 500-600 pricetag, new games will probably cost alot (until Blu Rays become easier to make), and the controller that looks like one of Loiue Anderson's kidney stones.

Russielloyd
11-29-2005, 12:29 AM
Of course people are gonna think, "hmmm, its Japanese, ill get it". The Japanese didnt get that reputation for nothing, so why can't people think the PS3 will be great before even having played a game on it.

XBOX, the first ever made console not to be made in Japanese (I think). People, especially the Japanese have the rgiht to prefer Playstaytion, even Nintendo. I know who i trust to make the superior console and games.

America only seem to mailny make FPS for the XBOX, which i find repetitive. Though theres always been a wide range of good games on the PS made all over the world. Though when you think of really great games, past or present, you think...Final Fantasy, Sonic The Hedgehog, Resdient Evil, Mario, Zelda, Pro Evolution Soccer(The best football game there's ever been made) etc...where are they all from?...Japan.

EDIT: Also, a guy who works in GAME (whos knows his stuff) told me that an XBOX 360 game is going to cost around £50, i dont know about everyone else but fuck that! XBOX havent even been around for 5 years and their expecting you pay £50 for a single game. They can shove that up their ass

Erdrick Holmes
11-29-2005, 12:31 AM
XBOX, the first ever made console not to be made in Japanese (I think). People, especially the Japanese have the rgiht to prefer Playstaytion, even Nintendo. I know who i trust to make the superior console and games.

Nope, Atari, Panasonic, and Manavox (I think I spelled that wrong) made consoles way before the NES.

Russielloyd
11-29-2005, 12:41 AM
I thought Atari was Japanese. My first ever console was the Atari 2600. It's still in my cupboard somewhere.

Ok, XBOX is the first ever in like 15 or so years.

MecaKane
11-29-2005, 12:42 AM
PS3= Possible 500-600 pricetag, new games will probably cost alot (until Blu Rays become easier to make), and the controller that looks like one of Loiue Anderson's kidney stones.
We've already gone over the first two and it's been decided that you don't know what you're talking about. Blu-rays cost something like 10% more than a DVD to make, and the cost of the media in video games is nothing on the price, and you also pulled the $500-600 pricetag out of your ass. Already made the kidney stone joke, too.

lordblazer
11-29-2005, 12:45 AM
We've already gone over the first two and it's been decided that you don't know what you're talking about. Blu-rays cost something like 10% more than a DVD to make, and the cost of the media in video games is nothing on the price, and you also pulled the $500-600 pricetag out of your ass. Already made the kidney stone joke, too.
No actually people are speculating 500 to 600 dollars will be the price for the PS3 upon its release.

vampirepiggyhunter7
11-29-2005, 12:46 AM
Why do you have to choose? What if I want all 3 of them? I've owned a Xbox, Ps2 and gamecube. SHARE THE LOVE PEOPLE.
Thank you. Although I do hate X-Box for no apparent reason...

lordblazer
11-29-2005, 12:49 AM
Thank you. Although I do hate X-Box for no apparent reason...
you hate xbox because it ain't japaneese. nuff said. If it was japaneese you would be like

ooooooo konichiwa!!!!!!!!!! xbox is sooo kawaiii!!!

crashNUMBERS
11-29-2005, 12:50 AM
Neither is Xenosaga. That's what I meant when I said they're not all made by the same company, final fantasy and se's other games is another point because it is one company putting out all those games only because it's a big company.
I see...

vampirepiggyhunter7
11-29-2005, 12:54 AM
you hate xbox because it ain't japaneese. nuff said. If it was japaneese you would be like

ooooooo konichiwa!!!!!!!!!! xbox is sooo kawaiii!!!
No........
It just has few games that I like. Other than that it rocks

http://home.att.net/~slugbutter/evil/insane.jpg (http://home.att.net/~slugbutter/evil/)
How evil are you? (http://home.att.net/~slugbutter/evil/)

crashNUMBERS
11-29-2005, 01:13 AM
http://home.att.net/~slugbutter/evil/insane.jpg (http://home.att.net/~slugbutter/evil/)
How evil are you? (http://home.att.net/~slugbutter/evil/)
Yeah um... That's not how you post a sig. You don't carry it with you. It follows you. Just copy that same code and put it on your sig field from your control panel..

Russielloyd
11-29-2005, 01:16 AM
vampirepiggyhunter7: You didnt actually think we all carried our sigs around with us did you, thinking we put it at the end of every post?

MecaKane
11-29-2005, 01:23 AM
No actually people are speculating 500 to 600 dollars will be the price for the PS3 upon its release.
Who? Just because a lot of people pull the same number out of their asses doesn't make them right.

lordblazer
11-29-2005, 01:29 AM
Who? Just because a lot of people pull the same number out of their asses doesn't make them right.
Well sony speculated the price and so has many other investors its no surprise that its gonna be expensive.. Have you even seen the specs of the PS3 and xbox 360? Man the hardware quality they are using to build those are so damn expensive that the cost and value of it will inevitably rise to 500-600 USD. Its no surprise.

Lionx
11-29-2005, 07:31 AM
I dont like Xbox, because it mainly features games i dont like, and most games i do like, are made by japanese.

I wont be afraid to say it, outside of some RTS and FPS, most games are "Anything you can do JP can do better" for the most part. I like to see you look at the games that help define the sales of some consoles and say it isnt...outside of FPS and RTS most are JP that do well(because JP usually dont play those as much..and neither do i).

crashNUMBERS
11-29-2005, 12:30 PM
Well. You are asian so I couldn't blame you...

kire mayn
11-29-2005, 12:41 PM
ps3. it's definitely going to be better

Gnostic Yevon
11-29-2005, 04:44 PM
HEck most of the fanboys on here haven't even played or seen a PS3 in person. Yet they said they'll get it before they even play it at a store once it comes out.
Don't tell me that's not blindly following behind a company?

As opposed to the XBOX fanboys who pre-ordered and camped out at midnight? Most of them didn't even get their XBOX360. How many of them played 360 pre-launch?

Fanboyism comes in all flavours.

For me, it comes down to the expected games and game types.

I like RPGs and Strategy (Kessen and Romance of Three Kingdoms), and I don't care about online. The thing that turns me off about online is that you end up paying to play a game that you already own. Why do that when I can buy a jRPG and play it as much as I want for free -- and without hearing "smurfing Kill Stealer!" and "MOM get me my smurfing chocolate milk!" (There was actually a recording like that with a 10 year old playing LIVE Soccom and crying because his mom won't get him chocolate milk). So online doesn't do it for me.

And since at least on xbox 1, most of the exclusives were things like HALO or other action titles, I really don't have much interest. The only game I find interesting on the 360 is Blue Dragon by Mystwalker and possibly KOTOR.

Unless the series i like goes xbox, I personally see nothing thrilling about xbox. However if you live for online gaming and action games, get an xbox.

Shaun
11-29-2005, 04:55 PM
Topics like this are for losers. All we've seen for the PS3 is a few demos running on not-PS3 hardware, so we can't judge it. Topics like this deserve to be in GamesMaster magazine.

Russielloyd
11-29-2005, 05:22 PM
Of course demos have been tested on the PS3, how the fucked would they know if the console runs to its peak ability. You wouldn't make a console without Beta-testing games on it. Common sense please!

Shaun
11-29-2005, 08:17 PM
Of course demos have been tested on the PS3, how the smurfed would they know if the console runs to its peak ability. You wouldn't make a console without Beta-testing games on it. Common sense please!

*sigh*
I think you need to learn a thing or two about common sense. There probably ARE PS3 alpha kits used by developers by now, but the PUBLIC haven't seen anything of it. All of the PS3 demos shown have been running on hardware with similar power to the PS3... but not the PS3. Common sense please!

Monol
11-29-2005, 09:47 PM
Except the Gamecube has Resident Evil 0~4, and the XBox has Barbie and Spongebob Squarepants games, you can't define the consoles by age, it's an idiotic concept as people of any age are going to play either of the three consoles.

whoa jeez...perhaps i wasnt specific in saying that i wasnt applying the systems pertain to a set age only ALL the time....yes there are exceptions i tried stating that by saying the whole "there are some good pg movies thing" but apparently i wasnt specific enough and thats my bad....im just saying the genres for MOST of the games for each system are implied that way (the whole movie theory thing) not the fact that there each designed for each age category...as i said i wasnt trying to imply that at all and if i did i apologize once more i guess i wasnt very clear in delivering my message

Fithos
11-29-2005, 11:28 PM
Well, i will say that nintendo deserves their reputation. I love nintendo, but the only ads i have seen for their games are donkey kong and mario. i know they have many mature games as well, but most people dont hear about them unless they go out and look. not like the xbox which, well still having its share of E games, advertises mainly mature games. Halo and what not. so although you cant define a consol by age, you can see what audience they are targeting.