PDA

View Full Version : Final Boss Blues

silentenigma
11-28-2005, 03:19 PM
Okay here's the deal

My party's at lvl 40-41, and I've done prettymuch every sidequest.

I can beat X-Death fine, but I always get screwed over by Neo X-Death.

Also, I'd level up, but I can't find any monsters that have more than like 1000 exp.

Does anybody know any sure-fire ways I can beat him at the level I'm on, or any easily accessable places from the world map I can level up on?

thanks

ThroneofDravaris
11-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Whore GP Rain. It will take him down in no time.

silentenigma
11-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Is GP Rain the same thing as the samuri's !$Toss but in a different version? Cause I've tried that and it only does about 3000. Is that normal?

Cause I get devastated by that attack (i think it's called mega gust or something that he uses when he starts shaking) that does 1700 to each person and leaves two people dead. Then the boss uses a bunch of powerful stuff to pick the remaining people off, one by one, as i try to recover the party.

ThroneofDravaris
11-28-2005, 03:40 PM
The thing is, it does 3000 damage to every section of the final boss, making the battle go much faster. Even so, I would try to level up to around level 47 or so before you fight him. That way, GP Rain (is the same as !$Toss) will do about 4000-5000 damage instead.

boys from the dwarf
11-28-2005, 04:01 PM
level up more and get more GP and have 2 WMs and a samurai and a BM with plenty of health. in the first battle get protect and shells for everyone to help beat neo X-death then use GP toss and meteo and other spells which harm all enemys to beat him quicker or focus powerful magic and attacks onto one then when theres only 2 left it should become easier. for the WMs when fighting the first part have them cast protection spells on everyone while the BM and samurai heal then in the later battle against neo ex-death have them heal constantly and keep defence spells up.

Shin Gouken
11-28-2005, 05:00 PM
$toss is cheap, dont lower your self to their level :(

invest in four pairs of winged shoes (50,000 gil each from mirage town) They give auto-haste2 and instant initiative in battle. because you all have instant initiative, use your first turn casting your protective magic.
now, you can keep up with x-deaths speed so should always be able to heal straight after receiving an attack. Also, if a character dies and is revived, they will still have their haste2 active without having to re-cast it.

It helps to have a blue mage in this battle or someone who can cast blue magic. you can cast reflect on your party and rely on whitewind to heal. Cast big gaurd/gaurdian (before casting reflect of course) and also i read in a guide somewhere although havnt tested this, you can cast condemn on the very back segment of neo x-death.

Regan, shell, protect, blink, and haste are your friends :P

silentenigma
11-29-2005, 02:39 AM
Hey I just beat it today, thanks for the help!