PDA

View Full Version : First Game To Ever Make You Cry

MarikTheYuke
11-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Yes. We all have done it, even though some may not want to admit it. My first tear-jerker was Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. It was such a sad ending!

Erdrick Holmes
11-28-2005, 05:25 PM
Suikoden II Nanami Dies

bipper
11-28-2005, 05:42 PM
Castlevania II I threw a fit in the store when my mom said I was too young for it (6 years old). I got my way /flex

Bipper

Lindy
11-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Legend of Zelda : Wind Waker, when the Zelda theme started playing for the first time in the intro *sniff*

Memories D=

[Insert joke from someone else saying WW made them cry "because it SUCKED" as they're deathly afraid of bright colours and graphics]

KuRt
11-28-2005, 05:49 PM
Actually no. A game has never made me cry.My big brother made me cry ABOUT a game when he didnīt let me play Super Mario when he was playing it, so ofcourse a 4 year old kid gets upset

Destai
11-28-2005, 05:50 PM
If a video game makes you cry you're a wuss, Theres no way around it.

Roto13
11-29-2005, 03:10 AM
FF X AND X-2 SPOILERS

The end of Final Fantasy X didn't affect me at all the first two times I played it. Then I finished FF X-2 and thought the ending was kind of nice. Then I went back and played X again, and for some reason I thought it was the saddest thing in the world! For some ungodly reason, it only got to me after I knew everything was going to work out in the end.

I didn't cry, though.

Markus. D
11-29-2005, 03:15 AM
when you had to catch Rinoa in space, it made me cry cause she was floating and I felt useless (I think we all felt useless when we saw her floating :( maybey it was just me).

but.... it could have been me not blinking for like an hour of playing (it happens alot)

edit: now... i think about it and it wasnt a cry, i just felt upset for Rinoa.

GooeyToast
11-29-2005, 03:26 AM
Final Fantasy IX and X ending.

Legend of Zelda : Wind Waker, when the Zelda theme started playing for the first time in the intro *sniff*
Yes. The beauty...

If a video game makes you cry you're a wuss, Theres no way around it.
No, it shows you have emotions. Video games can be much more emotional than a movie.

kikimm
11-29-2005, 03:41 AM
No, it shows you have emotions. Video games can be much more emotional than a movie.

I agree! :monster:

Well. Cry as in "I am crying because I am sad" or cry as in tears of frustration? If the latter, than it's like, Paperboy or Mario or something.

But I'm guessing it's the former. So I think it's FF8.

DK
11-29-2005, 03:49 AM
FF X AND X-2 SPOILERS

The end of Final Fantasy X didn't affect me at all the first two times I played it. Then I finished FF X-2 and thought the ending was kind of nice. Then I went back and played X again, and for some reason I thought it was the saddest thing in the world! For some ungodly reason, it only got to me after I knew everything was going to work out in the end.

I didn't cry, though.

I agree, to some extent. The first time I completed FFX I remember laughing at the ending. I thought it was just stupid. The second time I completed it I thought it was helluva sad.

xtreme112
11-29-2005, 03:58 AM
Suikoden II Nanami Dies

same here...that was sooooooooo sad!

when you had to catch Rinoa in space, it made me cry cause she was floating and I felt useless (I think we all felt useless when we saw her floating :( maybey it was just me).

but.... it could have been me not blinking for like an hour of playing (it happens alot)

edit: now... i think about it and it wasnt a cry, i just felt upset for Rinoa.

I cried out of boredom at that part, actually there were a few parts in FF8 that gave that reaction *shakes fist at the lovey-dovey squall and rinoa*

Xaven
11-29-2005, 04:02 AM
I don't remember a video game making me cry. Maybe almost in FFVIII when the saddest music in the world came on as Rinoa helplessly drifted away in space... *sniff*

Neco Arc
11-29-2005, 09:16 AM
Yes. We all have done it, even though some may not want to admit it. My first tear-jerker was Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. It was such a sad ending!

how so?

DMKA
11-29-2005, 09:31 AM
Final Fantasy X was the first.

Dragonfire
11-29-2005, 10:09 AM
Aeris' death scene in FFVII gets me everytime.... It never made me cry, but it puts that feeling in my throat, like im about to.

Pointless
11-29-2005, 10:09 PM
FFVII of course, same as above.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
11-29-2005, 10:11 PM
kh

Dreddz
11-29-2005, 10:26 PM
First time playing Kurushi, those IQ's they give you can be harsh sometimes ......

Endless
11-29-2005, 10:27 PM
Never crying because of a game, but the most borderline moment was in Legend of Mana, at the end of the Jumi arc.

Resha
11-29-2005, 10:31 PM
FFIX. It was the first one I played, so I was really cut up at the end. :D

Aphelion
11-29-2005, 10:34 PM
I never really cried, but I've had some emotional events in FFIX, mostly.

Markus. D
11-30-2005, 12:04 AM
I don't remember a video game making me cry. Maybe almost in FFVIII when the saddest music in the world came on as Rinoa helplessly drifted away in space... *sniff*

:cry:

leon123
12-02-2005, 11:09 PM
i was close to crying at the end of robotech battle cry when the you
die

Light Mage
12-02-2005, 11:15 PM
Mystic Quest on the Game Boy (later re-released under the name Final Fantasy Adventure).

When Amanda died.

lordblazer
12-03-2005, 01:01 AM
I wept on Morrowind:GOTY so many times.

1)When I killed vivec in a epic battle and trapped his soul..later enchanting it into a sword for bloodmoon ;)

2)When I accidently saved over my uber strong character!!

Then on the game Fable

When JAck kills your mom yeah that mad eme kinda sad man

Then on the gameGS 2 when you knw Otagons sis dis yeah it was sad. Kinda fun killing vamp toug.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-03-2005, 01:12 AM
So far as I can recall, never. I'm just not an overly emotional person when it comes to video games.

Ryth
12-03-2005, 01:33 AM
A game has never made me cry.

Samuraid
12-03-2005, 01:49 AM
Not yet.

Yuffie514
12-03-2005, 01:58 AM
the conclusion to Final Fantasy X was the only one that made me "more than upset"...

MoonZapdos
12-03-2005, 02:01 AM
I think I cried before because of a game... I can't remember which was it but I remember the reason: I cleared it >_>

black orb
12-03-2005, 02:28 AM
>>> Suikoden I, when Gremio dies i cried with that one..:cry:
I didnt cried when Ted dies because I saw that comming..
When you have to leave little Ted alone in the past I think that was one of the saddest things in the game but I didnt cried with that one..

>>> Im sure Valkyrie Profile made me cry at some point of the game, but I cant remember which part of the game was that.

Im such a crybaby..:D

fire_of_avalon
12-03-2005, 04:03 AM
When you fight Miguel in Chrono Cross. I don't know why.

JaytodaP
12-03-2005, 04:16 AM
How can you cry by playing a video game? You people take this a little to seriously. Call me derranged or crazy but I laughed when Aires died, hoped that Rinoa would die etc. A movie is alot more emotional because its so well put together. Plus there was only like Three movies that made me cry, which were simon birch, saving private ryan, and ET(I was like 4)

Markus. D
12-03-2005, 04:21 AM
the conclusion to Final Fantasy X was the only one that made me "more than upset"...

Romance Ouchies ring a bell eh?

made me upset :cry:

Black Mage
12-03-2005, 04:38 AM
First and only game to make me cry? Taboo on the NES.

"Signifactor. Card: The Moon. Your present position is selfishness, craftiness, or disgrace."

Followed by:

"Crossing Card. Card: The Ten of Coins. This card is reversed. The existing obstacle is loss of security, loss of wealth or inheritance, possibly through theft."

Next up being:

"Base of the Matter. Card: The Nine of Swords. The distant past foundation is unhappiness."

Next:

"Past Influences. Card: The Three of Swords. Recent past factors are disappointment or strife."

I'll die tomorrow, probably.

black orb
12-03-2005, 04:41 AM
A movie is alot more emotional because its so well put together. Plus there was only like Three movies that made me cry, which were simon birch, saving private ryan, and ET(I was like 4)
>>> Some RPGs are way more emotional and well put together than a movie.
Well, i cant blame you for laughting when Aeris died, thats what you get for playing just FF games, those are awesome games but not emotional at all..:P

Roto13
12-03-2005, 05:03 AM
>>> Some RPGs are way more emotional and well put together than a movie.
Well, i cant blame you for laughting when Aeris died, thats what you get for playing just FF games, those are awesome games but not emotional at all..:P

I laughed when Aerith died because it was so.... cheesey. No blood or anything.

Renmiri
12-03-2005, 05:34 AM
I cried on FFX on Yuna's dance, sending all the dead at Kilika.

Bu then, I had just seen the 2004 Tsunami on TV. I could just picture those tropical beaches like Kilika and the huge wave coming, the mom holding a baby afraid just ike the FFX cut scene. And all the bodies floating in the water.

Reality was just way too close for confort

Roto13
12-03-2005, 06:29 AM
It looked cheesey and fake. Even a little bit of blood would have added to it. Even if a tiny little bit dribble out of her mouth. It looked like someone stabbed a ragdoll.

Rusty
12-03-2005, 06:36 AM
FFVII, when Aeris dies.

princess_yunie_10
12-03-2005, 06:37 AM
Final Fantasy X was the first.
Me too,I've played hundreds of games none of them made me cry but this one....

Pouring Rain
12-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Um...can't think of any at the moment. So I'm just gonna say none.

Venom
12-03-2005, 02:36 PM
Champions of Norrath, it was so god damn hard the first time through.:(

Project G
12-03-2005, 02:54 PM
FF8 in space and Devil May Cry:cry: Only joking lol

Raistlin
12-03-2005, 04:42 PM
I've never cried while playing a game. That being said, I think the first time I played Lunar SSSC came the closest.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
12-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Um...can't think of any at the moment. So I'm just gonna say none.

Zeromus_X
12-03-2005, 07:35 PM
there are many...heres just some of em: (SPOILERS)

-ff6, when youre in cyans dream, and hes having memories about his family.

-ff6, when locke ressurects rachel (for like a minute) and then she goes away. *sniff*

-again, ff6, gaus father

probably more ff6, but theres alot of sad moments in that game.

ff7, when aerith gets shishkebobbed.

secret of mana (seiken densetsu 2?) when that thanatos guy takes over dyluck, but i dont remember it all. oh yeah, and sprite dying too.

and most certainly many more, though i dont remember them all...

MarikTheYuke
12-04-2005, 06:45 PM
how so?
In KH:CoM? Well, he would forget everything thathad happened. And you could tell he didn't want to let it go. And the Riku replica. How would you feel if you found out you were just a clone?

Rase
12-04-2005, 11:27 PM
I've yet to find a game that makes me cry. However, there are some that give me some strong emotion, most notably the level "Retaking Red Square" in Call of Duty, when you and dozens of other soldiers rush headlong into a wall of German machine guns. The music and scene always give me goosebumps and makes me somewhat sad. :(