PDA

View Full Version : Discrimination of the Black Belt

Cecinda
11-28-2005, 09:02 PM
I started a FF1 game with a black belt for the first time (game-chosen party, fighter-thief-bb-redmage) and I'm pretty far into the game and my black belt rocks. He just kicks ass. I don't know why so many people hate black belts. They are cool.

Captain Maxx Power
11-28-2005, 09:28 PM
The primary reason why BBs are so hated is because of their lack of magic and defense. This means they can't cause elemental damage, buffing spells, and die easily considering they're meant to be a melee class. In terms of armour they're between a Red Mage and a White Mage. They also gain nothing from the class change baring a small Magic Defense Increase. Apart from that BBs do rock in terms of physical damage, and will outdo a Knight or Ninja for the most part. This (http://www.planetnintendo.com/ff1/parties.shtml) site is the primary reason for much of the hate.

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
11-28-2005, 09:46 PM
I have a Bl.Belt in my party, he really sucked bad until around Lv.8 or so... he did better than my REDmage.

Madonna
11-28-2005, 10:23 PM
It's all explained by [this] (http://www.planetnintendo.com/ff1/faq.shtml#bb).

TurkSlayer
11-29-2005, 02:45 AM
This is Knight supremacy, man! The Black belt has to fight back!

Crossblades
11-29-2005, 02:46 PM
Monks are awesome. They have great speed and strenght

Fireblade13
11-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Without any healing behind them you see all BB teams die quickly as they are stronger without armor.

Cecinda
11-30-2005, 06:51 PM
So I shouldn't buy armor for my black belt? I left his nunchucks at home once I got to Elfland.

11-30-2005, 07:07 PM
I never buy /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif for my Bl.Belt since soon enough it'll just make him weaker.

Light Mage
11-30-2005, 07:24 PM
If you like Black Belts I guess this is an OK party. It is cheap, I give it that. You'll need that money for the thousands of gallons of heal potions you'll go through during this game. Also plan to become a regular at the local Clinic. You'll be able to fight OK though, once you get to Elfland and you can start using your fists; before then, you just have to pray. But for the whole game, the BBs' defense sucks, big time. BBs have no magic, so they can't heal themselves, and they also can't use magic to kill large groups of enemies, and they can't run as well as thieves; in other words, you get to stand around and look dumb while monsters use your party for target practice. So be prepared to drag a couple corpses around with you 90% of the game. If by some chance you manage to make it to class change with this party, well, you get a huge reward of NOTHING, because BBs don't get anything from class change. But on the bright side, your sprite becomes uglier. Wait... sorry, that's not a bright side. There is no bright side to this party. You'll probably find that you depsperately need the magic-casting items you get later in the game, but those don't make up for the pitiful lack of magic in this party. I think I'd rather take a party of four elderly groundhogs than take a party of four BB's, to be honest.

*dies laughing*

11-30-2005, 07:34 PM
Eh... I think he's a bit overboard with the rating, Thieves and White Mages would have a much harder time then Black Belts considering that they have a good attack power by Lv.9. Though you will need HEALs and PUREs considering the lack of magic, You'll always have the money for it considering you won't be paying 8000 G for each spell.

crashNUMBERS
12-12-2005, 10:53 PM
Black Belt's in my opinion

Attack: 5/5
Defense: 2 or 1/5
Magic: 0/5

Average that out