PDA

View Full Version : ps3 canceled

Tifa's Real Lover(really
11-28-2005, 09:06 PM
i cried (not really but u get the point). microsoft bought the ps3.
how the **** can this happen??

Shoeberto
11-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Did you actually read either of those? Neither of them say anything about the PS3 being cancelled. The closest they came was saying that an event to showcase the PS3 was being cancelled. There's still a good year at least until projected launch, so it's not surprising that they're taking their time in getting a demo model going.

Necronopticous
11-28-2005, 09:09 PM
What the Hell are you talking about?

lordblazer
11-28-2005, 09:14 PM
http://gamesindustry.biz/news.php?aid=8997

they're not ognna release it in Japan first.
They are gonna release it in another country first.

Thats all it is. If that makes you sad then wtf? You must love Japan eve though they'll screw you over by making you wait an extra 6 months to get it..

Tifa's Real Lover(really
11-28-2005, 09:18 PM
oops wrong url, now i needa find the right site :/

Ultima Shadow
11-28-2005, 09:30 PM
Wait a sec... what!?

Black Mage
11-28-2005, 09:33 PM
PS3 canceled? I doubt it.

The PS3 is invaluable to Sony. If it does well, which it more than likely will, it will help them out of their current situation. In fact, they're probably counting on it.

The fact that this thread exists is laughable.

crashNUMBERS
11-28-2005, 09:33 PM
I don't see anywhere it saying the PS3 is being bought by Microsoft..

Reine
11-28-2005, 09:37 PM
They already HAVE their own system, they would end up scrapping one of them, or merging them

Samuraid
11-28-2005, 09:39 PM
If any articles explicity said such a thing, they are either jokes or completely fake. Having spent much money so far with R&D, marketing, and technological partnerships, Sony wouldn't abandon or sell of their system. Plus, Microsoft practically needs Sony to stay around to prevent attaining monopoly status, and the ensuing lawsuits.

Traitorfish
11-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Considering Sony dominate the Japanese market, and make up the majority of the western market, and have their other areas, such as music, to subsidise any temporary loss of cash (not that has ever happened), the chances of them selling out to the Great Satan are pretty small. Scrathc that, entirely non-existant. Besides, Microsoft are so insanely proud of the 360, they aren't going to buy PS3, cos that would destroy their illusion- addmitting inferiority screws with superiority complexes, see?

Dreddz
11-28-2005, 09:43 PM
the PS3 is not cancelled.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
11-28-2005, 09:44 PM
i reely hope so

lordblazer
11-28-2005, 09:46 PM
Considering Sony dominate the Japanese market, and make up the majority of the western market, and have their other areas, such as music, to subsidise any temporary loss of cash (not that has ever happened), the chances of them selling out to the Great Satan are pretty small. Scrathc that, entirely non-existant. Besides, Microsoft are so insanely proud of the 360, they aren't going to buy PS3, cos that would destroy their illusion- addmitting inferiority screws with superiority complexes, see?
fanboys are all idiots. Have you even seen a xbox 360 if so have you even played a PS3 to compare teh two?
Even when you do since you are a fanboy you will still like the PS3 better instead of giving a neutral and fair judgement on both consoles.

YOu see were I'm getting at? I noticed sony fanboys are more bias than any other console fanboy.

Dreddz
11-28-2005, 09:46 PM
theres no need to hope. It is not going to be cancelled. Unless something goes badly wrong ......

omnitarian
11-28-2005, 09:49 PM
What the Hell are you talking about?

lordblazer
11-28-2005, 09:49 PM
theres no need to hope. It is not going to be cancelled. Unless something goes badly wrong ......
Yeah with all the money they spend on hyping up its customers I doubt they will disappoint.

Black Mage
11-28-2005, 10:41 PM
Yeah with all the money they spend on hyping up its customers I doubt they will disappoint.

Yeah, because everything lives up to its hype.

Old Manus
11-28-2005, 10:52 PM
I support this theory as long as it has nothing to back it up

Madame Adequate
11-28-2005, 11:15 PM
I noticed sony fanboys are more bias than any other console fanboy.

Naw, Nintendo fanboys are the worst. Sony fans aren't far behind. I've rarely encountered any really bad X-Box fanboys, but they're no fun when you find one of those either.

Fact is the PS3 isn't going to be cancelled unless something like a nuclear war occurs. It is without question one of the most significant products of the decade.

crashNUMBERS
11-28-2005, 11:21 PM
YOu see were I'm getting at? I noticed sony fanboys are more bias than any other console fanboy.I'll admit that Im a a highly bias fan of the PS, but this is probably the only thing in existance that Im a fan boy of. I may be a Play Station fanboy, but I know how to judge systems, so I can set my mind to neutural status if I want to...

Spatvark
11-28-2005, 11:25 PM
Fanboys in general are fucktards. Seriously, they're the ost goddamn annoying people ever. Ok, so you like something, and you want others to use it, fair enough. A bit of talking about how awesome it is can be alright, but fanboys carry it too far. Especially since the only company that DESERVES fanboy-ism is Nintendo for being in the console business for so long. Nevertheless, if a Nintendo fanboy tries to convert me, I'll cuss the sonofabitch out until he shuts the fuck up.

Fanboyism = bigotry, and I seriously hope nobody here thinks sexism or racism is okay. It may seem like saying your favourite company is better than the others is nothing wrong, but the lengths you fanboys carry it to, it is practically as bad as sexism or racism.

"Ho noes, he likes the XBox, he's automatically inferior!"

"Hah, he thinks me liking XBox is inferior when he likes the Nintendonigger!"

All fanboys are retarded, in the fact that they blind themselves to the rational truth, just like the Nazi's or the KKK.

And, to keep on topic (XD), there's no way in hell Sony will cancel such a cashcow as the Playstation series. Even if they were losing money on it, they'd keep it up as a matter of principle, especially in light of the fact that they reap far more than they sow in the other fields they have commerce within.

I've had just about enough of the fanboyism on this forum, and I'm ready and willing to bitch the hell out of anyone that I feel deserves it.

Samuraid
11-28-2005, 11:26 PM
so I can set my mind to neutural status if I want to...

Feel free to do so at any time. :p

Vyk
11-28-2005, 11:30 PM
I really don't see why the word Satan was thrown in. I used to hate Sony for jumping into the gaming industry and stealing all the good companies to make Sega flounder. But then came Dreamcast and Sega ended up killing themselves. Now Nintendo's doing it. I can't really blame Sony anymore. And with that experience under my belt I think it's stupid to hate Microsoft too (as far as gaming goes anyway). Neither company are inhibbitting gaming development. In fact as far as I can see they both have enough money to highly encourage breaking away from norms and taking your time to make a stellar game. Sony's let lots of developers make whatever they want, and the publish it when it's done. Jaffe and Co. got to do whatever they wanted, and out came God of War. Highly acclaimed, highly reviewed. Awesome (if short) game by all rights. Microsfot did the same thing with BioWare. And we got Jade Empire. Another high level game with appreciable innovation. The fact that crap games still get published means they're lending their developers a lot of lee-way. As far as Satanic reference is gaming goes. The most evil tyrant still seems to be EA, who from the sound of it are planning on cheating more people out of over-time wages by shipping them to areas where they're not inforced. Sorry to go on a tangent. I'm not a big fan of fanboyism as a whole. But it's just rediculous to solely hate a company just for being in the game and nothing more. Competition is good

crashNUMBERS
11-28-2005, 11:47 PM
Fanboys in general are smurftards. Seriously, they're the ost goddamn annoying people ever. Ok, so you like something, and you want others to use it, fair enough. A bit of talking about how awesome it is can be alright, but fanboys carry it too far. Especially since the only company that DESERVES fanboy-ism is Nintendo for being in the console business for so long. Nevertheless, if a Nintendo fanboy tries to convert me, I'll cuss the sonofabitch out until he shuts the smurf up.

Fanboyism = bigotry, and I seriously hope nobody here thinks sexism or racism is okay. It may seem like saying your favourite company is better than the others is nothing wrong, but the lengths you fanboys carry it to, it is practically as bad as sexism or racism.

"Ho noes, he likes the XBox, he's automatically inferior!"

"Hah, he thinks me liking XBox is inferior when he likes the Nintendonigger!"

All fanboys are retarded, in the fact that they blind themselves to the rational truth, just like the Nazi's or the KKK.

And, to keep on topic (XD), there's no way in hell Sony will cancel such a cashcow as the Playstation series. Even if they were losing money on it, they'd keep it up as a matter of principle, especially in light of the fact that they reap far more than they sow in the other fields they have commerce within.

I've had just about enough of the fanboyism on this forum, and I'm ready and willing to bitch the hell out of anyone that I feel deserves it.
Holy fuck. Hey, I hate fanboyism aswell. Like the people who praise Final Fantasy VII without much more then 2 sentences of reasons to back them up. But damn. I hope that WHOLE paragraph wasn't dedicated to me. I did say I can set my mind netural at will...

Feel free to do so at any time.Does this have to be anytime soon?? :laughing:

But it's just rediculous to solely hate a company just for being in the game and nothing more.Goddamnit. Guys, I never said I hated microsoft. All I said was that sony is a better company in my bias opinion...

Vyk
11-28-2005, 11:52 PM
Crash, chill. Traitorfish is the one that brought up Satan. Not you. That's what my post was about.

crashNUMBERS
11-29-2005, 12:02 AM
Crash, chill. Traitorfish is the one that brought up Satan. Not you. That's what my post was about.
Sorry, I just thought you were another who thinks I said I hated Microsoft. Im a bad boy... :cry:

Yew-Yevon
11-29-2005, 12:05 AM
i will always look to MS for a PC ... but not for a counsol

Erdrick Holmes
11-29-2005, 12:11 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000580038289/

The PS3 press event is canceled, not the console.

Spatvark
11-29-2005, 12:43 AM
Holy smurf. Hey, I hate fanboyism aswell. Like the people who praise Final Fantasy VII without much more then 2 sentences of reasons to back them up. But damn. I hope that WHOLE paragraph wasn't dedicated to me. I did say I can set my mind netural at will...

I'm not about to single anyone out; there's far too many fanboys deserving of a good flaming to pick any single one out just now, though examples can be made if forced. That post was to ALL rabid fanboys.

Though of course, I realise that for most of them, one day, they'll realise there's a world beyond their home and the local computer game store, and they'll venture out into it, and god forbid, they'll meet a girl and they'll fall in love, have a happy life and raise children. Some won't, but there's a reason they exist; it's so we can flame them on forums such as this.

Erdrick Holmes
11-29-2005, 12:54 AM
But the outside is fully of bugs and allergens. And having kids sucks all they do is poop and cry.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
11-29-2005, 12:56 AM
guess i will have 2 look 2mm, i read an article, sayin tht MS bought the playstation 3, then in the end of the artcle it said, "my next target....Nintendo"
guess i will have 2 ask my friend for the url

Erdrick Holmes
11-29-2005, 12:59 AM
It's called fake news articles. As much as I'd laugh at Microsoft buying out Sony it'll probably never happen.

Giga Guess
11-29-2005, 01:06 AM
Don't worry my friend. Nothing shy of the apocalypse will stop Sony from releasing the PS2.

Erdrick Holmes
11-29-2005, 01:13 AM
Don't worry my friend. Nothing shy of the apocalypse will stop Sony from releasing the PS2.

The year 2000 is that way, dude.

crashNUMBERS
11-29-2005, 01:43 AM
Actually, wasn't the PS2 released early 1999?? VERY early 1999?? They claimed that the Dreamcast would've been a successful system if the PS2 wasn't released the same year...

Skarr
11-29-2005, 01:46 AM
When I saw the title...I went WTF!!!! Then I read the first four posts and went...dumbass.

crashNUMBERS
11-29-2005, 01:47 AM
When I saw the title...I went WTF!!!! Then I read the first four posts and went...dumbass.
I said the same. Just forgot to post it...

Erdrick Holmes
11-29-2005, 01:55 AM
Actually, wasn't the PS2 released early 1999?? VERY early 1999?? They claimed that the Dreamcast would've been a successful system if the PS2 wasn't released the same year...

No, it was mid 2000 (I think) The DC was let loose on 9.9.99

Tifa's Real Lover(really
11-29-2005, 01:59 AM
yea it was mid 2000, whats DC?

Spatvark
11-29-2005, 01:59 AM
But the outside is fully of bugs and allergens. And having kids sucks all they do is poop and cry.

I did say "some" of them won't.

Erdrick Holmes
11-29-2005, 02:36 AM
yea it was mid 2000, whats DC?

No... I'm not even going through this again.

crashNUMBERS
11-29-2005, 02:52 AM

No... I'm not even going through this again.
XD

TRL(R: He's really saying for you to not talk to him anymore XD

Good Joel. I would do the same...

Vyk
11-29-2005, 02:53 AM
Dreamcast. The most awesomely innovative system so far ^_^ Set a lot of gears in motion that companies are still taking notes from. It was the home for the original Soul Calibur. It brought console internet gaming to the forefront. It did a lot of things I really don't feel like listing right now.

DMKA
11-29-2005, 03:00 AM
This thread = internet.

Yamaneko
11-29-2005, 03:09 AM
No need for this.