PDA

View Full Version : Levelling Materia

Bomber
11-29-2005, 05:03 AM
I'm now going through the laborious task of levelling up my Materia, so I can get the Master Materia in Cosmo Canyon. Can anybody offer any pointers, such as good places to level, or cheap PC hack programs that can "train" my Materia?

ljkkjlcm9
11-29-2005, 05:14 AM
one word, JENOVA
or legit, the pots in Northern Crater
have fun

THE JACKEL

xtreme112
11-29-2005, 05:39 AM
If you wanna do it the old-fashion normal way, go to mideel and fight sea-worms, Cid and afew other characters also have weapons with triple slot growth, if you can get your hands on them you'll be set

Neco Arc
11-29-2005, 08:37 AM
fight movers in northern cave... normal enemies which gives you the most ap of any normal battle in the game.... or fight magic pots and give them elixers before killing them... get elixers from chocobo racing or use W-item dupiclation glitch... use clouds apocalypse and cids scimitar, and have the other person with his/her double growth weapon and everyone else have rune armlets, and one or more people having a double cut materia...

six underground
11-29-2005, 12:52 PM
fight the Mideel enemies with triple-growth weapons, but that takes tooo long so haul off to the northern crater, at the fork where you first split your party take your main team down the path facing you, till you get to the yellowy room with the swampy pond (where you get the Imperial Guard). fight around for magic pots and movers over there, after sooner than you think you'll have levelled up to the 10000 aP's!! :) don't get discouraged, the numbers go down faster than you might think. took me only like 20 mins to master things like Mime and Throw, which are in the 20000 ap's. with triple growth of course. :) or, for the master materias, go fight emerald weapon :) frustrating but in the end funner and more possible than you could have thought ;)

Captain Maxx Power
11-29-2005, 08:24 PM
The triple weapons aren't really that useful since they contain 2 and 3 slots respectively. This is the equivalent of using a three/four and a half slot "double" weapon and six/eight slot "single" weapon respectively. In other words unless you only have a few more materia to master the double weapons are usually "faster" to use.

Light Mage
11-29-2005, 11:01 PM
The triple weapons aren't really that useful since they contain 2 and 3 slots respectively. This is the equivalent of using a three/four and a half slot "double" weapon and six/eight slot "single" weapon respectively. In other words unless you only have a few more materia to master the double weapons are usually "faster" to use.
Of course, if you want to master Knights of the Round...

Do you KNOW how much AP you need in total for that?! :shock:

raskerino
11-29-2005, 11:04 PM
That's when you leave the game on over night auto leveling... to find it not done yet...

Sephitachi7
12-03-2005, 04:53 AM
Knights of Round is easy to level up just have it on triple growth when you beat ruby or emerald, but after you beat the weapons knight's of the round kinda loses it's use...

Bomber
12-03-2005, 05:34 AM
Thanks for the input, guys...

By the way...I found JENOVA...very...helpful...

*snickers evilly*

Rhi
12-04-2005, 06:42 PM
i have two ways and i used both for my levelling and i DID get 3 sets of master materia, but my memory card is now broken *cries in the corner*

1 - if you have an automatic/semi automatic controller, go to the dry land very near Mideel and run to the far end, then set your controller up. for lots of materia levelling, use items with many materia slots, but if you're just trying to level one or two (ie KoTR) use triple ap

2 - use the magic pots in the swamp area in the Northern crater. with triple ap, you can get 3000 from each pot.

chronic_Maniac
12-07-2005, 02:43 PM
Go to the northern cave and take the left path, then take the first path on your right, I think. equip cloud with the apocolapse (if you have it) and cid with the scitimar (if you have it) also it don't really matter but yuffie with the rising sun. these weapons all have triple or double growth. Put w-item on a person and have atleast two elixers, if you don't have them steal em from the pony, or tonberry. Go into battle and have the person with the w-item highlight the elixers and click ok three times. On the third time (before you acturally use them) start clicking cancel, ok,cancel,ok over and over again. This will you give you more and more elixers each time. Give an elixer to ever magic pot you find and then strike it dead. this will give anywhere from 1000 to 6000 ap due to if you had the weapons I told you to equip. Also the moovers work wonders, as many have already said. All the enemies I've said all dwell in the same area.

Nightowlgamer
12-09-2005, 11:07 PM
The best way i found to lvl materia would be to equip the highest growing items and train on the little bugs around mideel. Don't expect to get done fast, for i spent 80 hours in the game (pretty sure that's alot) to get all materia matered along with the best equipment to fight the weapons (which were still a pain). Who thinks they had the best materia combo to fight the weapons?

Nightowlgamer
12-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Also, beating the emerald weapon will give you an earth harp to trade in for 2-4 master materias. trading in all your hard-earned mastered materia for a single master materia isn't worth it, since you'll be (or in my case was) at lvl 99 meaning you could beat all the final bosses/creatures by plain attacks.FYI :)

Deathchant
12-15-2005, 05:54 PM
to get the master magic without encountering emerald weapon, you need to master ALL the available single magic materia's, including, Ultima and SHIELD. The Shield magic however is found in the northern crater....without this one, you cannot obtain the master magic.

You are able to get into the crater after the barrier is gone

Dell
12-24-2005, 01:32 AM
For me, levelling up at mideel is the best one. Sometimes you might encounter 4 headhunters which 320AP which is nearly same as northern crater. (I don't want to train my materia there, because I afraid of L4 death cast by A flying creatures there, same as master tonberry). I just train at mideel until I master all my materia include KotR. By the way, did someone know how to beat emerald and ruby without losing any party member (like ruby) also can I get master materia more than two.

Deathchant
12-29-2005, 12:43 PM
yeah indeed. Mideel is great.

make sure you have Cid and Cloud in your team, having SCIMITAR and APOCALYPSE weapons (they triple the ap-value to the attached materia)

Buy yourself 3 rune armlets, they will double the ap-value and the pary can begin in Mideel.

a nirvana fan
01-02-2006, 11:42 AM
I suggest killing those little red things in Northern Crater, sure helped me level my materia up.