PDA

View Full Version : 24: Series Five and 24: The Game

Shaun
11-29-2005, 02:01 PM
How many of you are anticipating these two? And remember, if you're going to reply, DON'T post spoilers. Personally, I can't wait for both of them! Series Five's plot's going to be very different, so I can't wait for that. And being able to 'Bauer' people in 24: The Game will be awesome!

What do the 24 fans of EoFF think?

Flying Mullet
11-29-2005, 02:23 PM
I think 24 is overrated.

Shaun
11-29-2005, 03:49 PM
I think you suck! ;)

Hah, only joking. I'm just a real big fan of 24, and most people that say that have only seen series 2 or something...

Vice-President Rufus
12-21-2005, 02:35 AM
i think 24 is awesome I've seen it since day one and i even bought season 1, 2, and 3 (looking for 4) on DVD. I can't wait for season 5 and the game.

Sephex
12-21-2005, 02:37 AM
I don't think the game can work, but season five has much potential.

Dreddz
12-21-2005, 02:43 AM
I think 24 is overrated.
Definately

Lindy
12-21-2005, 02:53 AM
Jack Bauer DIES.

Slade
12-21-2005, 10:55 AM
I've only watched it a couple of times but I can safely say that I enjoyed it.

Slothy
12-21-2005, 12:56 PM
I've seen most of season 2 and all of 3 and 4. It's not a bad show. Sometimes they stretch the limits of believability for me, and it can be a tad predictable, but I still find it enjoyable. It's definitely the best show on Fox right now (with the exception of Family Guy), which may not be saying much but I do mean it in a good way. I don't have any real interest in the game though. If it gets good reviews when it comes out then I may check it out, but I expect it to be nothing but the usual crappy licensed video.

edczxcvbnm
12-21-2005, 01:48 PM
Jack Bauer DIES.

I have been waiting for that since midway through season 2.

I have been waiting for 24 the game since Kim Bauer let it slip during an interview near the end or at the end of season 2.

I don't know what to expect from season 5 but I want something small like season one. Something simple but obviously that can't happen.

Madame Adequate
12-21-2005, 01:54 PM
I love 24. Sure, it stretches credibility a bit, but how many shows don't? At least this does it in a manner which is vaguely believable, and more importantly is well-done and very enjoyable to watch.

Looking forward to Day 5 tons (I do so hope they use it to go a bit further from the formula, rather than coming up with "Oh no! The America is in danger and only Jack Bauer can save it!" once again.); less enthusiastic with the game but it has potential.

Strider
12-21-2005, 07:43 PM
Well, technically, yeah, Jack Bauer is already dead since Tony and them had to make it look that way to keep President Logan's cronies off of him..

Needless to say, I demanded Mondays off to watch 24. :D

Rainecloud
12-21-2005, 07:50 PM
I've only watched season four of 24, and I wasn't blown away by it.

My Girlfriend likes it, though, so I guess I'll be watching it. ;)

nik0tine
12-21-2005, 08:03 PM
I love 24 and I'll definetly be watching this. I'd like to see a metal gear-esque like twist where Bauer goes terrorist. Ain't gonna happen, but it'd be a damn nice twist.

CloudDragon
12-21-2005, 08:03 PM
I need to watch Season 24 since I missed the second half of it. Then I'll be good to go for Season 5 on January 15th.

Psydekick
12-21-2005, 08:20 PM
I don't think the game can work, but season five has much potential.
I agree with Sephex.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
12-22-2005, 02:26 PM
I got to watch season 1 and 2 i watched half-way through season 3 until school got in the way, plus i felt it was getting to be kind of a mess and the network here put it up so late that by the time i would watch the first episode i would fall asleep to the next one that would come after...i got to watch a fair bit of season 4 as well as the finale and it was pretty good, it hasnt lost its touch!

so yeah im a fan, just one that doesnt know a whole lot right now :S

Del Murder
12-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Season 5 looks like it will be great as usual, and on the surface it does look like it will be a little different than 'only Jack can save America from Diaster X', which is good. I'm not really interested in the game.

24 is the best show on TV.

Odaisé Gaelach
12-22-2005, 11:18 PM
Season 1 is still the best of them by far, but even up to Season 4 it's still brilliant - especially with the constantly-scowling Chloe O'Brien.

As for the game, well, we'll just have to wait and see...

Shaun
12-23-2005, 01:29 PM
Yes, the first season is certainly the best; it sets the scene for the rest. I think the fifth season will be awesome, with further involvement of the Chinese government. I reckon '24: The Game' will be awesome. And there's the fact that it's based in-between the second and third seasons so you'll learn more about the events of the third season.

~SapphireStar~
12-23-2005, 03:46 PM
Im sorry, but I loathe the 24 series, however my boyfriend adores them. He wants to be Jack Bowyer (sp?) and he is looking foward to the game.

Vice-President Rufus
12-23-2005, 03:51 PM
Yes, the first season is certainly the best; it sets the scene for the rest. I think the fifth season will be awesome, with further involvement of the Chinese government. I reckon '24: The Game' will be awesome. And there's the fact that it's based in-between the second and third seasons so you'll learn more about the events of the third season.

I thought it only linked season 4 with it.