PDA

View Full Version : FF XII introduces clans

Crossblades
11-29-2005, 02:58 PM
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2005/2072.html

Square Enix has released some new information regarding its PlayStation 2 RPG Final Fantasy XII. The game will feature organizations known as clans. Once they have joined such an organization, players can volunteer to do various quests, collect information about these quests from clan members and shop in stores which can only be used by clan members.
Final Fantasy XII will be available in Japan on March 16th 2006.

boys from the dwarf
11-30-2005, 07:08 AM
i think alot of people already know about the hume. veira and bangaa clans unless you mean something different.

Loony BoB
11-30-2005, 12:39 PM
I just keep looking forward to this game more and more every time I read something about it in the news. :(

Crossblades
11-30-2005, 02:35 PM
i think alot of people already know about the hume. veira and bangaa clans unless you mean something different.

They mean clans as in you can join one to do sidequests, get info, etc.

Russielloyd
11-30-2005, 08:35 PM
It is starting to look like a great game, though this reminds me of the linkshells you have on FFXI. Its going to be four years since Final Fantasy has continued on in the series properly since X, this has to be worth the wait.

Sephiroths Clone
12-01-2005, 11:51 PM
Four years..? Thats it?! It feels like forever since ive played a good traditional Final Fantasy. I cant wait until this one comes out.

Yuffie514
12-02-2005, 03:50 PM
clans, like in FFTA? that's great. i'd like to be able to pick my own teammates. i hope i'm not misinterpreting the concept...

vampirepiggyhunter7
12-03-2005, 12:35 AM
clans, like in FFTA? that's great. i'd like to be able to pick my own teammates. i hope i'm not misinterpreting the concept...
Me too.

Crossblades
12-03-2005, 01:35 AM

I don't think you'll be picking teammates

Jiro
12-19-2005, 11:35 AM
i think the list of ffxii characters is your clan. you pick who fights but not who joins. it's only my opinion

Jhei
12-20-2005, 02:41 AM
^Nope, the clan is a group of people you can find in bars (I think) and they're not your party members. Once you've joined a clan, you'll do sidequests, or accept requests of people (ex: Help the wounded boy) kinda like the Legaia 2 Guild Quests. I also heard that you will also have ranks in the Clan you have joined, and I also think that the quests you will do will differ depending on which Clan you joined. I just hope that the Clan Quests won't have ties to the main story.

boys from the dwarf
12-20-2005, 06:36 PM
i hope FF12 isnt too much like FFTA. im cool with the judges and it being set in ivalice (it would be cool if there was a judgemaster cid or at least some old airship dude called cid.) but if theres laws that would kinda suck and your group may be a clan but not the sort like on FFTA at least i hope.

Lost Number
12-20-2005, 07:05 PM
a good traditional Final Fantasy.
I heard there are no random battles. Not such a traditional FF is it. But I suppose if it is a better game...

Rogue
01-03-2006, 09:29 PM
cool