PDA

View Full Version : Calculator Question

Iceheart
11-29-2005, 04:27 PM
My apologies if this has been addressed before...

Besides Critical Quick and Time Mage spells..is there another way to speed up Calculators? Their Charge Time is Horrible!!

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-29-2005, 04:51 PM
I assume you mean their normal speed as Calculators have no Charge Time. There is no real way to increase their speed aside from the Sprint Shoes or similar items.

Math Skills is not a good primary skill, but it is very good as a secondary skill on a faster unit.

Despotus
11-30-2005, 12:36 AM
As B.t.V. said, Calculators have very low speed. (It's the lowest of any character class, I believe.) Give the Calculator a Thief Hat if you have some, and have Ramza yell, yell, and yell some more at him/her. Always keep the Calculator under the effects of a Haste spell. And put Gained Jp Up on him/her as well. That will speed up the mastery of the Math Skills set. As soon as you've mastered Math Skills, stay away from the Calculator job, just use Math as a secondary skill.
Try this leveling technique:
You'll need a Calculator who has learned Height and at least one number variable (I like Prime Number, myself.), and give him Time Magic as a secondary skill. Take the Calculator into battle and kill every enemy but one. Then position the enemy and your other characters on prime numbered heights (by using Don't Move, Stop, Sleep, etc.) or whichever number variable you've learned. Once the others are all stuck on that height, you can put them all to sleep by calculating Height X Prime Number X Sleep. Everyone except your Calculator will be asleep for a few rounds. Take the turns your Calc gets to cast Haste on yourself over and over and over, gaining Jp with each casting. You'll master Math Skills after a battle or two, and then you can stay away from the straight-up Calculator class.;)

BG-57
11-30-2005, 12:41 AM
It's even easier to level up a generic Calculator:

Accumulate, accumulate, accumulate! :D

Despotus
11-30-2005, 12:49 AM
Accumulate, accumulate, accumulate! :D
Yeah, I like that too! but I like Haste, haste, haste more... just because it gets you moving faster than everyone else and probably results in more turns for the hastened character. It's almost 100% sure to work on a character with a decent Faith score.

conan
12-07-2005, 08:05 AM
what i like to is first make the calculator a dancer/bard, learn the quickest song, and just start singing/dancing away. life song for bards has speed of about 20 i think, so thats a hell of a lot of songs happeninig very often. in my opinion, putting sing or dance on any class is the fastest way for them to gain jp, especially for calculators.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-07-2005, 08:58 AM
I generally prefer using the Slow Dance or Cheer Song, giving my characters more chances to act and their characters less. Coupled with a haste spell or other such action that can make them faster, eventually the song or dance can be discarded in favor of other actions that alllow for even faster accumulation of Experience and JP.

dragon_slayer789
12-23-2005, 04:37 PM
what are calculators anyway... monsters......

Alexander
01-16-2006, 07:11 PM
...they are a class. DUH.

Pre-requisites: Lv4 Priest, Lv4 Wizard, Lv3 Time Mage, Lv3 Oracle

FinalCetra
01-17-2006, 12:36 AM
God, I HATE the calculator...My fav class is the knight coupled with the two-sword ability a ninja gets, and Blade Grasp of a samurai. My secondary ability varies, but the talk skill works, or depending on what your knight wears, you can make a paladine with the white magic as secondary ability. Few can withstand 2 Excalibur Attacks :p

yuno
01-22-2006, 03:18 PM
calculators may actually be one of the worst job classes (because of its very very VERY low speed),but math skill...that's another story.i actually believe that math skill is the best skill set EVER!!!

sing/dance with your calculator,and once math skill is mastered,the calc becomes basically useless.change jobs.the calc's speed might be your recipe for doom.

Roto13
02-20-2006, 05:12 PM
I love the Calculator. Well, I love the ability. I have a character with all the Black, White, Time, and Oracle magic, and all the calculator abilities. Take that!

yuno
02-20-2006, 05:35 PM
I have a character with all the Black, White, Time, and Oracle magic, and all the calculator abilities. Take that!
all my characters are like this.take that.

MogThief
02-20-2006, 06:02 PM
If you're looking to speed up calculators, I suggest having on the Thief Hat, Secret Clothes, and the Setiemson(for the females) or Sprint Shoes(for the males). It would be better to simply switch that unit with Math Skill into a different job class, particularly the summoner, because you'll have every type of magic at your disposal.

Cowboys From Hell
03-08-2006, 05:24 AM
Calculaters have /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty stats. So just learn math skills in battle with the soul purpost of gaining jp or doing those job things at the bars.