PDA

View Full Version : The Truth About Nintendo - may surprise you!

Tidus Andronicus
11-30-2005, 08:45 PM
Some may have read this article, when I posted it a while back:
http://lostgarden.com/2005/09/nintendos-genre-innovation-strategy.html

Its a good read, and it shows a lot about what Nintendo is doing as far as the DS, and the Revolution are conserned... but it doesn't do much for Nintendo, as far as showing how well they are doing in the industry.

Well, I came accross these articles:
http://nintendoinsider.com/site/EEEFylpkElFffmiBlr.php <- Part 1
http://nintendoinsider.com/site/EEEZuAypVuTuOJPzyb.php <- Part 2
They are both part of a large article, about Nintendo, and how they are LEADING, yes I said leading, the industry! ^_~
First part touches on how Nintendo is selling more total consoles.
And the second part explains how Nintendo is making more profit off their products.

Its all worth the read, and its virtually non-bias...

I was a little surprised my self to find that Nintendo is doing so well. ^_^; Its too bad that mainstream gaming media seems to be leading everyone to believe Nintendo is doing poorly... -_-
Anyway, I don't believe its warrented to say "Nintendo is in 3rd". (to those of you that HAVE said that in the past... =P)

ljkkjlcm9
11-30-2005, 08:53 PM
I knew nintendo makes the most money. By far they do the best in the gaming industry profit wise. Because they learn to make things cheaper and stuff, so things are cheaper for the customers too, and everyone wins. Sony and Microsoft make other things as well and get most of their profit from that, in fact I remember reading that Microsoft LOST money with every X-box they sold because it cost more to make than they sold it for, originally anyways.

THE JACKEL

DMKA
11-30-2005, 09:04 PM
Articles like that are dumb.

Pouring Rain
11-30-2005, 09:18 PM
Cool

Tidus Andronicus
11-30-2005, 09:18 PM
How are they dumb? O_o Its all true...
Plus, this kind of information is not generally in the media, as the article explains. =P

Rostum
11-30-2005, 09:19 PM

Care to elaborate?

Samuraid
11-30-2005, 09:29 PM
Nintendo is wisely biding its time and being somewhat reserved while Sony and MS spend a lot and attempt to kill each other off.

Old Manus
11-30-2005, 10:07 PM
Go on the SCEE website and it will give similar stuff backing PS3
Go on the Xbox website and it will give similar stuff backing the 360

Tidus Andronicus
12-01-2005, 04:23 AM
Manus, I dont know what your talking about, but if you think that, then those sites are manipulating things quite a lot. >_>

This article is as unbias as your ever gonna get... =P And all those numbers are correct!

Yamaneko
12-01-2005, 04:33 AM
Nintendo makes a profit on its systems and is the only one of the big three to do so. Sony and Microsoft lose money (in fact MS didn't make any money off the Xbox) on their consoles starting off hoping to make a profit off licensing the hardware to developers and waiting for production costs to go down.

edczxcvbnm
12-01-2005, 04:46 AM
Nintendo does very well as a company but you still have to wonder how well they can continue to keep up with everyone. They had one losing quarter this generation. Before that they had not had a losing quarter for the past 40 years. It could be a fluke but it still does make one worry.