PDA

View Full Version : Lag!

VoodooChild
12-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Recently, when I have been scrolling down in my browser (Mozilla) it has been lagging. I have reinstalled Mozilla, and also tried Firefox.

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing this?

Flying Mullet
12-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Lag when scrolling is usually due to your OS, not the browser. Are you running any memory/processor intensive applications? Usually the lag you're seeing happens when your CPU is chewed up by another application and there isn't enough horsepower left for the browser to use to show you what's above/below in a smooth fashion.

VoodooChild
12-01-2005, 04:28 PM
Not really, I havent started running anything more than what I usually do. I have also recently upgraded my hardware, so it should be able to at least run Mozilla....

Samuraid
12-01-2005, 09:34 PM
If a webpage contains a lot of graphical elements or is very big, it may require quite a bit of CPU power and RAM to render. Depending on your computer it could really slow down the scrolling speed.

rubah
12-01-2005, 09:57 PM
The most likely thing is that someone used a resized image.

Firefox about dies when people use it to in-browser resize their images, which you get a lot of on certain livejournal communities or on B0BxD's stat page.

I cry when people use their browser to do this, as it DOESN'T SAVE ANYTHING BUT SPACE.

'zomp smaller images save bandwidth!11'

It only looks smaller, dudes. You're just being lazy and an idiot, kthx:]

Yamaneko
12-01-2005, 10:02 PM
What hardware did you upgrade?

Sepho
12-01-2005, 10:24 PM
Are any other windows doing the same thing, or is it just your browser? If you upgraded your graphics card maybe you forgot to install the drivers for it. Try to install the latest drivers anyway.

VoodooChild
12-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Are any other windows doing the same thing, or is it just your browser? If you upgraded your graphics card maybe you forgot to install the drivers for it. Try to install the latest drivers anyway.

Spot on :) I uninstalled them accidentaly, only found out when I tried to run a game and it said I didnt have the drivers. Thanks for all your help though guys

Yamaneko
12-01-2005, 11:14 PM
That's what I figured. Sepho asked the more logical question. :)